NHL'94 Forums

CTV buys 'hockey night in canada' theme song

halifax

The hockey night in canada theme song had been on CBC for 30 plus years and now its gonna be played on tsn...and CBC's hockey night in canada will have a contest for a new song.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008.../hnic-song.html

Hockey night in canada is one of longest running programs in north america and to lose their theme song is like a big kick in the junk...im f*ckin pissed.

I need a drink...

Hokkee...got any beer left? I prefer keiths but ill settle for budcrapper.

Yeah that is just terrible.. CBC is by far the worst company ever. To take away a song that is engrained into almost every Canadians mind is just bazaar.

And is it really gonna be played on TSN now?

yeah thats barf, I hate CTV (owns TSN and half of everything in Canada, other half is Rogers) this is a total disgrace. Dont be surprised to see CTV outbid CBC the next time the NHL tv rights are up, they have endlessly deep pockets.

RDS is lame, they took away my Saturday night, hockey night in Canada (french cbc) Canadiens games because of their deep pockets. I dont care how good these cable channels coverage is, they shutout the over-the-air hockey games and force you to pay to watch.

Having the song open for NHL on TSN will be nothing like opening for the 50+ year Hockey Night in Canada. I also heard TSN picked up a first round series featuring a Canadian team for next season, which is just more BS....Canadian playoff games should always be free over-the-air.