NHL'94 Forums

NHL Legends (NHLPA 93 Hack)

EDIT: Well, it appears this has been done before, I'm not surprised. Regardless I'm going to finish my own for some experience and self-satisfaction :lol:

-----

Well, I'm making an NHL Legends NHLPA 93 GENS hack. As the title implies, it will have all the legends of the particular franchises. This will also include some doubles of players, but with different ratings at their different locations (ex. wayne gretzky - oilers, wayne gretzky - la kings).

As of now, I excluded the All Star teams from the ROM (For byte space amongst other reasons)... if I get to it/feel like it, I may add the Ducks & Panthers, but for now I'm excluding them just cause of my n00b status.

I'm doing my best to research stats, stories, and videos as well and as often as I can to create accurate depictions of all-time teams for the particular franchise. I know the 80's - Now pretty well, but my 50's-70's hockey is a little lacking compared to my 80's and up knowledge. So I'm doing my best reading up and what not. So far, so good.

------

So far I've made the Boston Bruins & Buffalo Sabres (As well as other minor touch ups here and there).

Here are some screens:

NHL_LEGENDS_SCREEN_001.jpg

NHL_LEGENDS_SCREEN_002.jpg

Also, I'm using NOSE & a hex editor.

I would appreciate that! I'll definitely keep the progress posted. Things are going well so far other than this minor starting goalie glitch that I gotta iron out.

I have so much respect now for people that do hacks and put forth effort. This is some of the most time consuming stuff I have EVER done.

Basically in a week's time I've only assembled Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, and Detroit's Legends teams...

But, it's coming along! :)

• 3 weeks later...

A game circa 1980-84 would be a sweeeeet mod. ( I think you guys call them mods ) I've looked around here a bit, and saw an all star team of older players ... but not a regular full team.

You'd have;

Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman , Bourque still wet behind the ears.

Bossy, Trottier, Clarke, Savard and other veterans in their prime ...

Oh man... how sweet would that be. Anyone with me here?

Unfortunately I've been incredibly busy lately and haven't been able to make much progress at all this last week. I hope to have this done by the end of Summer though, for those who care.

• 10 months later...

Hey, i was hoping someone would do this for NHL'94 Gens.

i don't know if you are still doing this.

I can't do it, because i have no idea how to read the code and do the hacking on this game.

I could assist with the Rangers roster.

It has arguably the best players in franchise history. Players that had a long term impact with the team (i.e. not Espo, Gretz, or Jags, as they were not in the organization long enough to warrant the honor).

Here is what i came up with:

-F-

Hadfield - Ratelle - Gilbert

Graves - Messier - Bathgate

F.Cook - Boucher - B.Cook

Hextall, Dillon, Lynn Patrick, Tkaczuk, Vickers

-D-

Leetch - Park

Howell - Greschner

Johnson - Heller

James Patrick, Neilson, Maloney

-G-

Richter

Giacomin

Lundqvist

(you can make a case here with Henrik, he will probably finish his career with the most wins in franchise history, he's already 6th on the list in only 4 seasons).

This is at 26 players, though. Would have to lose one probably, unless it's possible to have 26 players on a roster?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display...gs.php?tmi=7089

That link will provide: height, weight, handedness, birth dates, and will be able to judge what kind of player each was based on stats.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display...gs.php?tmi=7089

That link will provide: height, weight, handedness, birth dates, and will be able to judge what kind of player each was based on stats.

Some friendly advice: while HockeyDB can be a very useful resource, don't believe EVERYTHING you read on there. I've seen some pretty weird goofs on there. For instance, they still list Dean Evason as a lefty (he was a righty in reality). I remember long ago they listed Glenn Anderson as a righty (he's a lefty in reality). I don't know if they still have Anderson messed up or not.

HockeyDB is useful, but don't believe everything you see on there.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I had stopped making this ROM late last Summer. Became to be too much work with my website and school (that came up in the following months).

Just a random update, since the Rangers fan above tried to help with a Roster (which was good, BTW).