NHL'94 Forums

Franchises moving

sungod661

Some of you have requested to change franchises i.e: change from city to city.

-here are some guidelines to changing franchises must be an actual franchise that has been in the nhl or is presently in the nhl.

- you cannot change franchises without a valid reason E.G : 2 flames franchises

-No 2 franchises maybe in the same city except the nyi and nyr

-no 2 teams may have the same name e.g: flames

the reason for thsi is having same names creates confusion for the db and the schedule making process

the reason for this is the banners and site design are effected everytime a franchise leaves or chnages location.

I have agrred to allow the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS TO MOVE TO PHOENIX AND BECOME THE COYOTES. one other request was denied.

Also one of the MINEESOTA FRANCHISES WILl HAVE TO MOVE WETHER IT BE THE WILD OR NORTHSTARS ONE HAS TO GO IF THEY CANNOT COME TO AN AGREEMENT WHICH FRANCHISE IS TO MOVE IT WILL BE DECIDED BY A BEST OF 3 SERIES TO RETAIN THE RIGHT OF THE MINNESOTA NAME RIGHTS.

ALSO THE 2 FLAMES FRANCHISES ONE WILL ALSO HAVE TO MOVE IF THERE IS NO AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO THEY WILL ALSO PLAY A 3 GAME SERIES TO DECIDE WHO KEEPS THE FLAMES NAME RIGHTS

ALSO THE 2 FLAMES FRANCHISES ONE WILL ALSO HAVE TO MOVE IF THERE IS NO AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO THEY WILL ALSO PLAY A 3 GAME SERIES TO DECIDE WHO KEEPS THE FLAMES NAME RIGHTS

lol..that system would be nice in the nhl...habs, ready to change ur name for thrashers? :lol:

what a sad day for a league, seing Calgary moving in place of Atlanta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Pizza

Sungod, i dont think its fair that someone should have to lose a team just because they have the same name or city. i mean thats stupid...

This league is just for fun... let us be any team that was ever in the NHL, or hell.. the WHA for that matter... lets be creative! =) dont get rid of the North Stars/Wild rivalry! and please dont get rid of the Calgary Flames vs Atlanta Flames, and Atlanta Flames vs Atlanta Thrashers rivalry as well!

If you promise not to get rid of teams just cause of that rule, then i promise i will record as many games as i can for season 2.

I also promise to record as much action i can for the Dynasty League Tournament.

You have my word.

Sometimes i wonder if anyone reads my posts.

1- the reason why i asked teams in the same city to move is because it messes with the Data Base and could create confusion.

2- mr. Pizza do you know how much work goes into editin a rom's graphics? changing the logo's and so on?

do you want to do it?

3- read the posts before you post it will help you understand why thins are the way the are.

4-Although you are making promises. the main thing you should do is concentrate on winning the Dynast Developmental League tourney.

2- mr. Pizza do you know how much work goes into editin a rom's graphics? changing the logo's and so on?

do you want to do it?

uh then why?

only gotta do this if they move.

uh then why?

only gotta do this if they move.

like i said habs it messed up the db the two minnesotas. the two flames were not that big a problemso i may leave that one alone. as for pizza i have no idea what you are saying