NHL'94 Forums

IMPORTANT STUFF

sungod661

Before i hit the expansion stuff i will explai some of the nuances of the cap system not all is similar to fvhl.

A player on a one year deal is AUTOMATICALLY RELEASED IN FREE AGENCY after the season no need to do anything. A 1 year player may be released at any time without cap penalty.

2 year players may not be released . if they are they are subject to half the penalty for year 1 and full penalty for year 2. e.g: 10 million means 5 million year one and 10 million year 2 for penalties. A two year player becomes a one year player only AFTER FREE AGENCY AND THE ROOKIE DRAFT. the key word is AFTER you may not drop a 2 year player without penalty untill he becomes a 1 year player.

3 years is the max you can sign a player after that he becomes a unrestrictyed free agent. any tema may bid on him

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cap max will remain unchanged for the simple reason there will be no increase in revenue so there will be no more or less money to spend on players.

there will be no cap minimum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rookie draft at the end of the playoffs the first thing that will happen is all 1 year players will be released into free agency. However before free agency there will be the rookie draft.

2 rounds . A rookie is someone whos first year was in the 1994-1995 season e.g martin brodeur. if a player was not a rookie that year he is still elgible to be drafted if it is his first year in the ea sports nhl hockey series. all players not drafted become unrestricted free agents.

after the rookie draft is the free agency bidding process again players will be named in blocks with a public and private bid system.

The salaries of the rookies will be determined using a formula taking into consideration the draft position of each player. ROOKIES MAY BE SIGNED TO 1,2 OR 3 YEAR DEAL DEPENDING ON WHAT THE COACH WANTS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok expansion is coming guys but i dont want anyone to worry the established franchises will barely feel the 4 new franchises arrival

heres the plan

the top 10 teams of this year meaning it ends at fpb will be in the Super ocnference seperated randomly into 2 divisions . so 2 five team divisions. the bottom 6 will be in the rlegation divison also to add the 4 expansion teams will be in the relegation division making 10. again 2 divisions of 5. at the ned of season 2 the bottom 2 of the super power divison will be relegated to the relegation conference for the following year and will not participate in any playoffs.

the top 2 for the "B" conference will participate in the dynasty cup playoffs and be promoted the following year to the super power conference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTECTION LIST 1 GOALIE

4 FORWARDS

3 DEFENCEMAN

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE 4 FORWARSS THEN NO FORWARD MAY BE REMOVED FROM YOU TEAM. SAME WITH D AND GOALIES. NO TEAM CAN LOSE MORE THEN 1 PLAYER SO BASICALLY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 16 PLAYERS WHO WILL BE GIVEN TO 4 EXPANSION TEAMS.

BASICALLY EACH TEMA LOSSES ONE MAX SOME WILL LOSE ZERO.

THE EXPANSION TEAMS WILL BE ADDED TO THE FOUR TEAMS ALLREADY IN THE LOTTERY FOR THE DRAFT.

FREE AGENCY EXPANSION TAMS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BID LIKE EVERYBOSY ELSE. EXPANSION TEAM MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 3 PLAYERS ON THERE ROST E AT THE END OF THE EXPANSION DRAFT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT YEAR SCHEDULE 2 SCENARIOS

#1- 5 GAMES VS ALL CONFERENCE OPPONENTS = 45 GAMES + 2 GAMES VS NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS =20 45+20= 65 GAMES TOTAL

OR# 2- 4 GAMES VS ALL CONFERENCE OPPONENTS = 36 GAMES +2 GAMES VS NON CONFERENCE OPPONENTS =20 36+20=56 GAMES TOTAL

I PREFER #2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT AWAITS US NOW

-AWARDS HANDED OUT

-END OF PLAYOFFS

-TRADE PERIOD //FRANCHISE RELOCATION

-DB UPDATE / SITE UPDATE

-EXPANSION DRAFT

-ROOKIE DRAFT

-FREE AGENT DRAFT

-SCHEDULE MADE

-SEASON BEGINS NO TIME TABLE FOR SEASON 2 YET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the top 2 for the "B" conference will participate in the dynasty cup playoffs and be promoted the following year to the super power conference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This doesnt make sense as you will have 10 teams in playoffs then...

I dont understand what happens to the other 10 teams in the other conference, they play a season with no playoffs to play for? Does this make sense.

This doesnt make sense as you will have 10 teams in playoffs then...

I dont understand what happens to the other 10 teams in the other conference, they play a season with no playoffs to play for? Does this make sense.

maybe i wasnt clear

in the super conference 6 teams make the playoffs plus 2 b teams will play the 7 and 8 seed in play in games the 9 and 10 seed are relegated they do not play in any play offs

the b conference will have 8 teams in the toilet cup.

maybe i wasnt clear

in the super conference 6 teams make the playoffs plus 2 b teams will play the 7 and 8 seed in play in games the 9 and 10 seed are relegated they do not play in any play offs

the b conference will have 8 teams in the toilet cup.

who the fuk wants to join a league so they play in a toilet cup? Why are you trying to fix something thats not broken?

you got a good thing going here, but these huge new rule changes dont make anything better and just shutout guys who want to improve and play/compete against the best players.

The system for this season was; you play everybody equally and the top 8 EARN there way to the playoffs while bottom 8 get their toilet cup. Why not let your unsuper conference compete with the best and EARN there way to the playoffs if not theyll EARN there way to toilet cup.

also for expansion draft you can only lose players that are on 1 yr contracts? Who do you lose? And why are we expanding, is there a single good reason? Whos comming for expansion, if it isnt kgman or angry or skool or somebody whats the point? You have a league that finished their games in record time and you want to add 4 guys who might be unreliable? Dont fix whats not broken.

i agree with habs, i dont really care of the league expansion, but im sure that i would like to have the chance to face the top players during the season...!

Why are you trying to fix something thats not broken? i NEVER SAID THIS WAS TO FIX SOMETHING THIS IS TO MAKE IT BETTER HAVING MORE PEOPLE IS BETTER. I MADE THIS LEAGUE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN HAVE FUN IF I CAN MAKE IT FUN FOR 20 INSTEAD OF 16 I WILL. MY HOPE IS TO GET AS MANY AS POSSIBLE IN THE LEAGUE.

ok where do i start ?? "for expansion draft you can only lose players that are on 1 yr contracts" i never said THAT any unprotected player can be selected.

"who the fuk wants to join a league so they play in a toilet cup?" everyone in the toilet cup has a chance to EARN there way to the dynasty cup if they finish in the top 2 of the b conference.

"Why not let your unsuper conference compete with the best and EARN there way to the playoffs if not theyll EARN there way to toilet cup." BECAUSE THE ÙNSUPER CONFERENCE`` AND SUPER CONFERENCE HAVE A SERIOUS SKILL LEVEL DIFFERENCE AND ITS FUNNER TO PLAY GUYS WHO ARE AT YOUR LEVEL.

as for it not being k.g angryjay or skool. i dont care who it is when i started this league many said it was a bad idea and it would fail i had a vision and thanks to you guys and especially smoz and bo it became very succesful all the decisons i make are for the best of the league. i dont prfit from the league so i find your critisism unwaranted . i think you forgot what its like to be new and get you head bashed in from a vet. its not fun and i think we need to grow the community not just keep it fun for 16 opf us. the dynasty is not an exclusive club its open to all and it will stay like that the ``b`` conference keeps players with a little less skill and a little less expereinced involved im sorry you feel its a bad idea but i could not disagree more

ok, look, i think the best route would be to add 2 teams, 1 more in each existing conference, and just have the top 8 make the playoffs. lets keep things simple, theres no real reason to have 2 playoffs going. whats fair is fair, i have no problem playing a 40-50 game season and not making the playoffs if im not in the top 8. (see GDL lol)

u mean top 16 with toilet thing