NHL'94 Forums

Blitz League - Pick Your Team

League Info Thread: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=7126

League Signup Thread: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=7148

League website: http://www.blitz.com/

NOTE: Signups for the "A" and "B" leagues are over. "C" league signups are still welcome, though!

NOTE: forward weights are changing now (I changed my mind..). Check here for ROM and new weights list

So far, we have just 15 coaches signed up + me.

I will leave "A"+"B" league signups open until either a) we get 20 players or b ) 11:59pm Sat June 14th.

After that, new coaches will be put in the "C" league.

So, we'll have between 8 and 10 teams in each of the "A" and "B" leagues. (No one needs to be an expansion teams, woo!)

Pick Your Team

OK, you can pick your team now, in the order specified in the list below. So, metzgerism can pick any team, first. Then thegr8199kings gets to pick, etc.

Don't post the players from your team you want to keep. You'll tell those to me when all coaches have picked their teams. I won't read your keep list until I've made my own keep list.

If a pick is not made within 26 hours after the previous pick, that person is skipped (but can then pick at any time). Note: since this post is kind of sudden, i will say no one will be skipped for 50 hours from when this was posted, so that's 9pm Friday the (dundundunnn) 13th.

Remember:

a) You get your team's original NHL 94 roster, BUT, you only get to keep your top 3 players (then we do 3 rounds of drafting after that, then you pick 3 more to keep, then we draft 3 more, then do free agents). Tell your player picks directly to me when you've made them.

b ) I changed the weights of the players so checking ability makes sense (chart here http://www.blitz.com/downloads.asp lower weight = better checking).

c) I improved the goalies about 6 points each (except Belfour and Roy). There are now 13 goalies rated 70+, instead of 8.

d) The teams that don't get taken, all their players will be draftable.

e) duplicate players are considered to be only on the expansion team (Vanbiesbrouk = FLA not NYR)

Pick teams in this order:

1. metzgerism - (CHI)

2. thegr8199kings - (NYR)

3. hokkeefan2 - (WSH)

4. bigchiefjay1016 - (DET)

5. Rage93 - (CGY)

6. sebe82 - (PIT)

7. flamingpavelbure - (BOS)

8. maddmac94 - (BUF)

9. TessLog - (TOR)

10. BeefJerkyRules6 - (STL)

11. snoboarder3211 - (PHI)

12. Vocally Caged - (WPG)

13. Icestorm NHL94 - (EDM)

14. WagsTh - (VAN)

15. Dervin36 - (MTL)

16. smozoma - (DAL)

17. vinniersmith - (LA)

18. minddefect - (HFD)

19+. ("C" League get to choose teams independently from A/:lol:

For reference, here is the player draft order (established by the teams' Ron Barr Rating), but we'll only be using max 20 of the teams. We will draft in the same order each round, to try to even out the teams.

ANH, FLA, OTT, SJ, TB, HFD,

NYI, EDM, DAL, NJ, STL, PHI,

WSH, QUE, VAN, TOR, WPG, MTL,

BUF, NYR, LA, CGY, DET, PIT,

BOS, CHI

So, if you take chicago, you'll get to keep 3 guys (may I suggest, Roenick, Belfour, and Chelios?), but when we get to the drafting, you'll be last for the first 3 draft rounds. Then you pick 3 more guys to keep from CHI. Then we'll draft in snaking order for the last 3 rounds, and in that set of draft picks, you'll pick first, last, first

A Few More Weight Changes

Sorry to keep making things confusing, but I found that there were too many forwards with weight=6, so I adjusted the formula a bit, and a few more guys changed wgts. See the attached picture for the guys who changed.

I also made an excel sheet that should be useful in the draft. Here: Blitz_League_Player_List_s0v3.zip. If you don't have Excel, you can get OpenOffice or use Google Docs (which is really cool)

post-253-1213234655_thumb.png

Blitz_League_Player_List_s0v3.zip

Chicago

Roenick

Belfour

...and a mystery player to be named later!!!

Just pointing out here that there is no need to post the players you're keeping/protecting. You can keep it secret until the end.

Oh, don't tell me your player picks until I have chosen a team, too! Unless you don't care if I know.

Just pointing out here that there is no need to post the players you're keeping/protecting. You can keep it secret until the end.

Oh, don't tell me your player picks until I have chosen a team, too! Unless you don't care if I know.

Pth I'm not not taking Roenick and Belfour.

DMAC SHOCKS THE NHL 94 WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time EVER, dmac has chosen the BUFFALO SABRES instead of the Vancouver Canucks. Pavel Bure is expected to hire a hitman to kill dmac within the next couple of days.

Guest Wags13

Okay I just can't pass up Vancouver.. and with this league only keeping the three best players from each team.. I am unloading the problem with VAN (Defensemen and Kirk McLean).. seems like a no brainer

Vancouver for me

When is the draft going to start for filling the rest of our rosters???

I'm going to write an online draft system, which could take a couple days (though it'll be pretty simple this season)