HABS

EXPANSION  

19 members have voted

1. 1. should dynasty expand?

• YES
    • NO

AGAINST

-This core of 16 players finished their games faster than any other league

-Talent will be Diluted (there are plans for EVEN MORE expansion the next season)

-GARY BETTMAN - DONT FOLLOW HIM

-Expansion adds nothing

-Waitlist is full of newbies, I see no vets

-There are now like 10 active GENS leagues, people have more than enough leagues to join

-why fix whats not broken?

FOR

-none

Post your vote if your in the league.

Hate to be an elitest but I think we're 16 strong teams. By expanding we risk the continuity and consistency that was built in the 1st season.

There are a sh!tload of leagues going on now, unlike last fall when the GDL expanded to 24. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone interested in playing in a league to find one.

Just my take.

You should have all the teams move to Canada.

Vancouver, Victoria, Whitehorse, Yellowknife, Edmonton, Iqualit, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton, Windsor, Ottawa, Niagara Falls, Montreal, Quebec, Halifax...what else...

And Hawai'i and Alaska would defect from the States and join Canada...so add in Anchorage, and the Honolulu Hockey Hounds!

AGAINST:

expansion doesnt work well w the bidding system

more teams = shittier players and longer regular seasons

weakens the replacement pool which is key to having a fast efficent league

This vote should really be open to current league members only. No offense to non-leaguers.

Hopefully the commish will hear the voices of the majority.

personally I don't see what the huge problem would be by adding 2 more teams to the league. How does it mess with the bidding system? It wont add that many more games (6 most likely). It wont deplete the talent pool that badly (there's 24 teams in GDL would be 18 here with more players to choose from). And so what if there's rookies on the list (there's also my brother (NJK) and DrP1zza).

I'm siding with Sungod on this one and voting for expansion

this is a kind of strange position you guys are putting me in. dont understand the fuss the gdl is 24 teams. The goal of the dynasty was always to expand i never felt we would stay 16 teams.

I feell the arguments for expansion are not objectif how can limiting the # of teams benefit the league? WE CANNOT WATERD OWN THE LEAGUE IN TERMS OF PLAYER TALENT THATS NOT POSSIBLE SEE GDL AND THE "FANS WILL STILL WATCH IT WONT HURT REVENUES" LOL.

We need as a collective to take a look at the big picture thisis about growing the game. I am suprised that it's the vets making the fuss. You guys are ambassadors of the game you help the noobs and are the foundations of every succesfull league including the dynasty.

Ultimately this is not a pissing contest i dont want to make unpopular decisions that make guys get angry. The #1 reason the dynasty is around is because I FELT PEOPLE DIDNT LISTEN TO ME.

However i feel we have lost objectivity, be a noob for a couple of minutes or be someone who wants to play in this league but there s no space. This is not an elite country club this is the a league for the greatest sports video game ever made.

i Appeal to you guys to see the big picture expansion is crucial to growing the game. This is the most table gaem nearly 400 games played ina month i didnt even have to set deadlines till the last week. That being said every decision i have made has been in the best intrest of the league.

I will continue under this mantra and hope you all do the same. OUR RESPONSIBILITY IS TO GROW THE GAME. MORE TEAMS MORE FUN FOR MORE PEOPLE

Im For Slightly for allow me to explain...

If we use 2 conferences it will help develope ''noob'' to become great players kinda like an ''AHL'' remember we all started a ''noob'' our development took 15 days or 2 months it doesn't matter we all we're

The #1 reason the dynasty is around is because I FELT PEOPLE DIDNT LISTEN TO ME.

Lol do you see the irony in that statement Sungod? Seriously bro, if you'd like to start up another Dynasty league mutually exclusive of the current league go for it. That could be the feeder system for the current teams if/when people bail out.

Also, dude, SH!TLOAD of leagues going on, why water it down when it's going great. One of the key ingredients to it's success was not filling it with too many teams. That was your decision and it's worked out great.

Ultimately I'll go with whatever is decided, but listening to the masses should be primo #1.

ok first thing is that its not the masses its pretty much 8 against and 3 who are all for it and 5 who dont care.

but whats primo#1 is not listening to the masses .......it's doing whats best for the league and growing the game.

It is a fact that the reason the 1st season went so fast is cause there were only 16 teams, most of which were very active players. The people who weren't were replaced very quickly, which allowed things to move so smoothly. adding more teams is going to lower the pool of good competitive replacement options and in the end slow down the league.

It is a fact that the reason the 1st season went so fast is cause there were only 16 teams, most of which were very active players. The people who weren't were replaced very quickly, which allowed things to move so smoothly. adding more teams is going to lower the pool of good competitive replacement options and in the end slow down the league.

Cosign,

Damn, well said carse

I'm against it because i think you need to establish/solidify a core of steady coaches before worrying about expanding.

It's true that gdl only has 8 more teams, but even with a league of that size it's a chore to get through the season ;)

yeah with 24 teams GDL started well before us (4/15 vs 4/30) and is still not even in the playoffs. Not a knock on GDL, it's an awesome league, just saying that when you have more players it takes longer and the pace that dynasty is going at now is great.

im not sure if i agree. I think that faster isnt always better. Dynasty went by to quickly, and it felt less important than GDL and fvhl. Less elaborate, just wham bam thank you maam. A little slower perhaps a few more teams. Great league tho :)

im not sure if i agree. I think that faster isnt always better. Dynasty went by to quickly, and it felt less important than GDL and fvhl. Less elaborate, just wham bam thank you maam. A little slower perhaps a few more teams. Great league tho :)

ya but there are enough slow long moving leagues around.. its awesome to have one that has the potential to pump out seasons with good competitive players like we just did in season 1

"im not sure if i agree. I think that faster isnt always better. Dynasty went by to quickly, and it felt less important than GDL and fvhl. Less elaborate, just wham bam thank you maam. A little slower perhaps a few more teams. Great league tho "

-sebe

Sebe you are my buddy but that makes no sense. i play every game trying to win i dont try to win less in one league then the other. "less important" means you didnt care and if thats the case i think you should quit.

ya but there are enough slow long moving leagues around.. its awesome to have one that has the potential to pump out seasons with good competitive players like we just did in season 1

it seems like you guys are saying its a bad thing we got our games done in a month. if i had the choice all leagues i would be in would move that fast

if i had the choice all leagues i would be in would move that fast[/b]

Cool, so since you do have the choice i think it's obvious that having a solid core of reliable players is better than having 20 players with 4 new guys that we don't know about, and then if they drop then we also would have no back ups. Having the vets play everybody evenly would also speed things up because you know when a guy like hokkee is hounding you to play the games get done quicker. Add 4 new guys guys playing each other in a separate conference and who knows how long it could take. Just a thought.

Bo knows what hes talking about