NHL'94 Forums

What is your biggest complaint about the league you play in?

28 members have voted

1. 1. What bothers you the most about other coaches?

• Players not being available for playing their games
    • players not communicating their availibility(ie via forums or email)
    • players not responding to game requests
    • players being rude or disrespectful before/during or after game play
    • don't have a problem
    • other(list below)
  2. 2. what bothers you most about league organizers?

• have been unfair in decision making
    • league rules were unclear or changing rules during the season
    • not communicating with coaches/keeping coaches informed
    • not enforcing league rules
    • don't have a problem
    • other(list below)

The goal is to help make leagues better and with some constructive critiscism or ideas will lead to that.

This is for both systems...have at er!

On other players, I don't really have a problem with other players - I'm usually so far ahead of the checkpoint that the only thing that bothers me is when someone is rude or tries to con me out of a point or four...of course now that I'm a commissioner, that don't happen.

My big thing on organizers is that I personally like to change things mid-stream, but I try not to (and I haven't for gens yet). The biggest issue is having unclear rules - especially on point systems - and making copycat leagues when there are enough others like it. At least do something different each time you make a whole new league.

I haven't ran into too much disrespect after games in the two leagues I have played in except for one occasion in the fall league but the player was later booted from the league for not meeting the check points. I get more annoyed when I send someone a message to play and there is no response, how hard is it to quickly type, "Can't I'm busy" which is cool with me because everyone has things going on which I can understand and relate to. So far I think League Commissioners have done a great job, haven't ran into many rule changes or anything, the League Commissioners put a lot of dedication and energy into their leagues so that we can all come online and be able to play in fun and competitive games and I have always appreciated that. Keep up the good work Commissioners.

• 4 weeks later...
How is one 'disrespectful'? Let me know so I wont do it.

I think disrespectful is when you lose to someone and they say 'gg' or'nice job'. To me, those types of comments are rubbing it in and being disrespectful.

Also, GL is another one that just steams me up. I mean wtf is up with that?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Normally I have no issues in leagues, but here's one that pops in recently.

The flow of the draft. I dunno what the heck are ppl thinking, but checking for a few moments and making your picks isn't hard; in fact, it doesn't take long at all! Just use your laptop or PC, check the draft and make your pick. It doesn't take long.

I think disrespectful is when you lose to someone and they say 'gg' or'nice job'. To me, those types of comments are rubbing it in and being disrespectful.

Also, GL is another one that just steams me up. I mean wtf is up with that?

Amen, brother

Why would I wish my opponent "good luck" when he's playing against me? F sportsmanship :P

• 2 weeks later...