NHL'94 Forums

Organ tunes, SFX and music located

Whilst doing some experimenting over the weekend with the goalie behavior I inadvertently located (some) of the locations for the sfx, organ ditties, and intro music.

I'm hot on the trail, heading them off at the pass.

So what's up with the sound effects and music etc....?

TBH I haven't really taken any time to try and decrypt the values - in what appears to be - a very big labyrinth of code for the sound.. But I know where they are - from 5000 ft.

I was able shut some sounds and music off by messing with values, and change the way some sounds-sound. It will be a while before I know what the hell I'm doing.

And while looking for the goalie behavior ( I was trying to make it possible to score 5 hole ) I found out that the code is not directly attached to the sprites... I tried messing with the values for the sprites that have the goalie pads pads but they only effect the pixels - so I removed the goalie sprites altogether and they still make saves invisibly.

TBH I haven't really taken any time to try and decrypt the values - in what appears to be - a very big labyrinth of code for the sound.. But I know where they are - from 5000 ft.

I was able shut some sounds and music off by messing with values, and change the way some sounds-sound. It will be a while before I know what the hell I'm doing.

And while looking for the goalie behavior ( I was trying to make it possible to score 5 hole ) I found out that the code is not directly attached to the sprites... I tried messing with the values for the sprites that have the goalie pads pads but they only effect the pixels - so I removed the goalie sprites altogether and they still make saves invisibly.

if you adjust the 5-hole to be bigger, won't pass-shot goals become almost unstoppable?

if you adjust the 5-hole to be bigger, won't pass-shot goals become almost unstoppable?

Yeah it probably would. But eunuch-ing the goalies made no difference. I should check out the trackers Tony H used to find his stuff.

Yeah it probably would. But eunuch-ing the goalies made no difference. I should check out the trackers Tony H used to find his stuff.

if you could find the checking code while you're in there, that would be beyond awesome. it would be.. bossome. i guess.