NHL'94 Forums

Offical SNES Draft League

shaftman

A Snes draft league is no longer wishful thinking!

This is something xgrad and myself put together and we will run the league (and halifax?)

We are hoping (if theres enough interest) to have this go for several seasons and get a Sub Forum.

And possibly stats and a web site in season 2

SNES DRAFT LEAGUE

DRAFT

This is the first draft where players build the initial team.

Coaches names will be picked from a hat to Seed them 1-12

Players drafted are Restricted Free Agents in season 1 post season.

This is a one time event.

Coaches will draft 6F 4D 2G

Lottery for picks 1-12

Snake order i.e:

1st picks first in rounds 1,3,5,7,9,11

12th picks first in rounds 2,4,6,8,10,12

Post Draft Trading period

(1-2 weeks in length)

SEASON

2 Conferences

2 Divisions per Conference

40 game season (8 vs each divisional rival) (8*2 = 16)

(4 vs each conference rival) (4*3 = 12)

(2 vs other conference) (2*6 = 12)

Halfway point - 1-2 week trading period

(Coaches must be within 5 games (+ or -) of the halfway mark in order to be eligible for trades)

Season resumes and finishes

SCORING SYSTEM

Win = 2 pts

Tie/OT loss = 1 pt

Loss = 0 pts

TIE BREAK RULES:

1)Most Wins

2)Less Losses

3)Goals for

4)Less goals against

5)Who ever Ticks dog likes best

PLAYOFFS

Top 4 teams from each conference make it to the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Best of 7)

1 vs 4 - For each conference

2 vs 3

Then Conference finals

Then Stanley Cup finals

1st OFFSEASON

- Rookie draft

List of available rookies will be made available and the draft will begin with the worst record in Season 1 picking 1st and so on.

Note that trading for picks and players IS allowed

-Signing period

This is where coaches have the chance to sign/trade the players they drafted from the beginning of the season.

This is when all contracts will be made for seasons to come.

-Coaches must meet the players “asking price” if they want to sign them to a contract

(asking prices will be made available)

If the coach chooses not to sign a player.

That player becomes a Free Agent and the asking price is dismissed.

The coach can not bid a player he gave up.

- Max contract length is 3 years.

- Any player left unsigned enters a free agent pool where other coaches can Bid on the player.

- Unsigned rookies enter the same free agent pool for bidding

*After a players contract expires (whether it's 1,2 or 3 years) they become a UFA

See Below for details on UFA

SUBSEQUENT OFFSEASONS

-Rookie Draft Same format as 1st Off season

- Signing period: Coaches must meet the “asking price” for the rookies or they become

free agents All UFA's enter a free agent pool where the player will go to the highest Bid

- Max contract length is once again 3 years

- After a players contract expires they become a UFA

NOTE: ALL coaches can bid on ALL players. Restricted Free Agents were a 1 time deal in the first off season.

This is the first season to the first ever SNES draft league. We want it to run like a well oiled machine.

Which means: ALL games played. NO drop outs.

Coaches will be hand picked to ensure all games are played!

We have determined a list of dedicated players who we know will complete their seasons.

However this doesnt mean you cant join too!

Sign up for the SDL (snes draft league) And you will be put on a waiting list for seasons to come.

Only 12 teams are participating in the first season, so there is plenty of room for expansion! so put your name down

The list of Chosen players for season 1 is as follows:

The Val - Confirmed Waiting List:

Metzgerism - Confirmed

Bobkudeslki - Confirmed Halifax

NHLtrippin - Confirmed Statto

Drinnage - Confirmed Houlanov

Jeffbcnhl94 - Confirmed Dr.p1zza

Fenty - Confirmed

Masterof94 - Confirmed

Prodigyof94 - Confirmed

Pondhckey - Confirmed

Then myself and xgrad will participate.

If any of these coaches decide not to play then someone on the waiting list can take their place.

Welcome to the first ever SDL! :D

hey everyone, i'm xgrad06, cocreator of the snes draft league with gihtarman... we plan on starting out the league small with the 12 teams, and a list of coaches we feel will be committed to the league. These coaches are not set in stone yet because we don't know if they'll have time or even want to join the league so feel free to sign up here to get put onto the waiting list, you may even get added to the league for the first season!

can't wait for the fun to begin!

This sounds great! add me to this list!

I know my commitment level dropped off for the end of capitalism league, but it shouldn't scare you off. This was a special time, with two moves going on, and I'd like to think that apart from this one slip up my gameplay has been fairly solid, finishing as many games as possible in all previous leagues. Hopefully someone can vouch for me on this and hopefully I can get the nod if a spot opens up.

This sounds great! add me to this list!

I know my commitment level dropped off for the end of capitalism league, but it shouldn't scare you off. This was a special time, with two moves going on, and I'd like to think that apart from this one slip up my gameplay has been fairly solid, finishing as many games as possible in all previous leagues. Hopefully someone can vouch for me on this and hopefully I can get the nod if a spot opens up.

You were basicly a no show the cap second season, but in order to get there you had to play at least 80 games.

Xgrad has no problems with you and niether do i, but dont let us down! play your games

getting ticknest involved looks grim. Decent chance youll take his place.

WOW, this looks awesome. Thanks guys for all your hard work.

I haven't been around the last couple weeks, but have no fear. I will be back in action in no time.

I am aware of your computing situation. We arent worried about you :D

Great work shaftman and xgrad!

Nice! OT loss is worth a point!

I'm in! :)

1003288resizesmallnb3.jpg

Jeff has been in the witness protection program for months. Is this really wise fellas? I am proclaiming dominance even though I will surely have the worst draft of alltime

Jeff has been in the witness protection program for months. Is this really wise fellas? I am proclaiming dominance even though I will surely have the worst draft of alltime

Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npR4BeaxwgE...feature=related

I have a hot girlfriend. :)

I'll get my games in. B)

getting ticknest involved looks grim. Decent chance youll take his place.

Especially when you forget an "e"! In seriousness, though, I'm just sticking to the same point I've made for years, which is that I find drafts boring because I hate doing the research for them and the interminable draft itself makes me want to do something much more interesting, like jab myself in the eye with a sharp, pointy stick repeatedly.

Especially when you forget an "e"! In seriousness, though, I'm just sticking to the same point I've made for years, which is that I find drafts boring because I hate doing the research for them and the interminable draft itself makes me want to do something much more interesting, like jab myself in the eye with a sharp, pointy stick repeatedly.

After what Tick has said I should drop out of this SNES draft.

Tick makes sense.

I'll watch and see how it goes.

I'd pick mostly Canucks anyways. :)

I kinda felt bad signing up for this when I didn't sign up for Cap 2 because I was busy.

My good friend Tim died a few weeks ago so I've been kinda preoccupied.

He was up in Penticton and was riding a bicycle and fell of the cliff.

I went to Italy and Paris with him a few years ago.

He was 1 day older than me.

Tim was so well coordinated and played hockey like me. Tim was a lawyer.

He was riding with his girlfriends dad. The dad turned around and Tim was gone.

Damn I guess he hit a rock or something and it took him over the edge.

Great work shaftman and xgrad for making a SNES draft! The SNES '94 gods are proud of you guys!

I hope it is a sucessful draft! Good luck everyone.

Cheers

Tick makes sense.

I'd pick mostly Canucks anyways. :)

I kinda felt bad signing up for this when I didn't sign up for Cap 2 because I was busy.

Great work shaftman and xgrad for making a SNES draft! The SNES '94 gods are proud of you guys!

Cheers

You would be an asset to this leagues success jeff and we really want you in it, please find the time, dont drop out! :(

Tick makes sense.

I'd pick mostly Canucks anyways. :lol:

Cheers

just a note that we will be supplying everyone with an excel sheet of every player ranked by their overall rating so research for the draft is not necessary

just a note that we will be supplying everyone with an excel sheet of every player ranked by their overall rating so research for the draft is not necessary

just out of couriosty...how are you doing up this list?