NHL'94 Forums

Frozen Four College Hockey Tournament

kupuck19

My first time ever organizing a tournament, so here it goes.

The Rom:

The rom is Inkling's Frozen Four rom he made which can be found from the link below. The rom is a 94 hack with all the teams that made the Frozen Four Tournament in 2007, I wish we had the 2008 squads but oh well.

Rom

Rules:

Periods: 5 minutes

Penalties: On. except off-sides

Line Changes: Off (tested a game with line changes, but with the depth of the college game the pace of play slows down)

Goalies: manual

Format

It will be an NCAA tournament format, with four regionals rounds with winners advancing to the Frozen four. Regional rounds will each consist of four teams, the only place were this will vary from the NCAA tournament style is that each regional will be a round robin. Each team will play each other twice within your assigned pool, so you play six games in the regional. In the regionals, each game as 3 points up for grab.

A Win in regulation- 3 pts.

A loss in regulation- 0 pts.

A win in OT - 2 pts

A loss in OT - 1 pt.

In case of a tie in the standings, an extra game will decide the regional crown. Also in the regional, you will play each team twice, so in the mini series each team will be home once.

After that, the last four standing teams will face off. The semi-finals will be a best of 5 series, and the championship will be a best of 7.

Posting and Confirming Scores:

Just a reply to this thread and a confirmation.

The teams:

Air Force Academy Falcons

University of Alabama-Huntsville Chargers

Boston College Eagles

Boston University Terriers Kupuck19 - Aim vinniersmith

Clarkson University Knights

University of Maine Black Bears

University of Massachusetts Minutemen JimCraig - Aim JimCraig30USA

Miami (OH) University Red Hawks

Michigan University Wolverines Houlanov - Aim Houlanov

Michigan State University Spartans cardiac_kid - Aim salembaseball7

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers SSiG - Aim Magus978

University of New Hampshire Wildcats

North Dakota University Fighting Sioux

Notre Dame University Fighting Irish FlyinHi - Aim Gonzo96132

St. Cloud State University Huskies jtakkunen - Aim jtakkunen04

St. Lawrence University Saints metzgerism - Aim metzgerism

Tournament Regional Placements will be organized after all the teams have been chosen.

Please leave your AIM screen name and which team you would like to be.

FYI - This won't be a "1 night event" to clear up an confusion, it'll have a reasonable deadline though. The tournament will also begin once all teams have been chosen

MSU!! Go green! Go white!

I just joined though, so would I still need to play a confirmation game before I can join this?

aim - salembaseball7

MSU!! Go green! Go white!

I just joined though, so would I still need to play a confirmation game before I can join this?

aim - salembaseball7

Hey man,

No real confirmation is needed, if you want to hit me up for a game if you'd like though just to test the connection, my aim is listed above.

-Vinnie

My first time ever organizing a tournament, so here it goes.

The Rom:

The rom is Inkling's Frozen Four rom he made which can be found from the link below. The rom is a 94 hack with all the teams that made the Frozen Four Tournament in 2007, I wish we had the 2008 squads but oh well.

Rom

Rules:

Periods: 5 minutes

Penalties: On. except off-sides

Line Changes: Off (tested a game with line changes, but with the depth of the college game the pace of play slows down)

Goalies: manual

Format

It will be an NCAA tournament format, with four regionals rounds with winners advancing to the Frozen four. Regional rounds will each consist of four teams, the only place were this will vary from the NCAA tournament style is that each regional will be a round robin. Each team will play each other twice within your assigned pool, so you play six games in the regional. In the regionals, each game as 3 points up for grab.

A Win in regulation- 3 pts.

A loss in regulation- 0 pts.

A win in OT - 2 pts

A loss in OT - 1 pt.

In case of a tie in the standings, an extra game will decide the regional crown. Also in the regional, you will play each team twice, so in the mini series each team will be home once.

After that, the last four standing teams will face off. The semi-finals will be a best of 5 series, and the championship will be a best of 7.

Posting and Confirming Scores:

Just a reply to this thread and a confirmation.

The teams:

Air Force Academy Falcons

University of Alabama-Huntsville Chargers

Boston College Eagles

Boston University Terriers Kupuck19 - Aim vinniersmith

Clarkson University Knights

University of Maine Black Bears

University of Massachusetts Minutemen JimCraig - Aim JimCraig30USA

Miami (OH) University Red Hawks

Michigan University Wolverines Houlanov - Aim Houlanov

Michigan State University Spartans cardiac_kid - Aim salembaseball7

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers SSiG - Aim Magus978

University of New Hampshire Wildcats

North Dakota University Fighting Sioux

Notre Dame University Fighting Irish FlyinHi - Aim Gonzo96132

St. Cloud State University Huskies jtakkunen - Aim jtakkunen04

St. Lawrence University Saints metzgerism - Aim metzgerism

Tournament Regional Placements will be organized after all the teams have been chosen.

Please leave your AIM screen name and which team you would like to be.

FYI - This won't be a "1 night event" to clear up an confusion, it'll have a reasonable deadline though. The tournament will also begin once all teams have been chosen

Registration closed. I want to get this running, so with 8 teams we will do two regional brackets. Each bracket will be a round robin. Play each team in your bracket twice, and each game is worth three points using the point system above. The two top teams of each bracket will advance to the Frozen Four.

Start playing your games and have fun! The deadline for Round Robin play will be next Thursday July 10th at 11:59 PM.

Win - 3 pts

Loss - 0 pts.

OT Win- 2 pts.

OT Loss - 1 pt.

East Regional Bracket W L OTW OTL Pts

Boston University 3-3-0-0 Pts - 9

U-Mass 2-0-0-0 Pts 6

Notre Dame 2-2-0-0 Pts. - 6

St. Cloud State University 1-3-0-0 Pts. - 3

Mid-West Bracket W L OTW OTL Pts

Michigan University 5-0-1-0 Pts 17 ADVANCES AS TOP SEED

Michigan State University 3-3-0-0 Pts 9

University of Minnesota 0-6-0-0 Pts 0

St. Lawrence University 3-2-0-1 Pts 10 ADVANCES

Update - In case of a tie, keep playing until someone scores. There are no ties in the Frozen Four :)

Sorry I haven't been around for games lately. I have been quite fatigued, mentally and physically. I hope to be back on track monday.

Don't worry about it SSIG, I may push the deadline back a few days because of 4th of July weekend, I've been busy as well so I haven't been around as much.

Flamingpavelbure, you're on the waiting list, if some of these guys don't even start their games by the deadline, you can take over :blink:

MSU spartans 3 vs MU wolverines 4

MU wolverines 4 vs MSU spartans 1

ggs!

salembaseball7=MSU Spartans

houlanov=MU Wolverines

confirmed

ggs

St. Lawrence University (metzgerism) vs. Michigan State University (salembaseball7)

game 1: 3-1 msu (home) wins

game 2: 3-0 st. lawrence (home) wins

ggs, you got me in goal differential though, haha.

Guest Houlanov
Registration closed. I want to get this running, so with 8 teams we will do two regional brackets. Each bracket will be a round robin. Play each team in your bracket twice, and each game is worth three points using the point system above. The two top teams of each bracket will advance to the Frozen Four.

Start playing your games and have fun! The deadline for Round Robin play will be next Thursday July 10th at 11:59 PM.

Win - 3 pts

Loss - 0 pts.

OT Win- 2 pts.

OT Loss - 1 pt.

East Regional Bracket W L OTW OTL Pts

Boston University 3-1-0-0 Pts - 9

U-Mass 0-0-0-0 Pts 0

Notre Dame 2-2-0-0 Pts. - 6

St. Cloud State University 1-3-0-0 Pts. - 3

Mid-West Bracket W L OTW OTL Pts

Michigan University 3-0-1-0 Pts 10

Michigan State University 1-3-0-0 Pts 3

University of Minnesota 0-0-0-0 Pts 0

St. Lawrence University 1-2-0-1 Pts 4

Update - In case of a tie, keep playing until someone scores. There are no ties in the Frozen Four :)

error!!! michigan university 3-0-1-0 =10pts??? 11PTS w=3pts otw=2