NHL'94 Forums

GDL round 2

angryjay93

(1) jrod vs. (7) kgman

(5) sebe vs. (6) icestorm

(1) AJ vs. (5) skool

(2) habs vs. (3) carse

I'm going to give the series one week to get finished, but if we need more time, id be willing to extend it another couple days.

good luck to all who remain.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wags13

My predictions:

(1) jrod vs. (7) kgman

jrod in 6

sebe in 5

(1) AJ vs. (5) skool

SKOOL in 7

(2) habs vs. (3) carse

carse in 7

(1) jrod vs. (7) kgman

jrod in 7

icestorm in 6

(1) AJ vs. (5) skool

AJ in 5

(2) habs vs. (3) carse

carse in 7

There are some great matchups in this second round. Good luck everyone.

• 1 month later...
(1) jrod vs. (7) kgman

(1) AJ vs. (5) skool

(2) habs vs. (3) carse

I'm going to give the series one week to get finished, but if we need more time, id be willing to extend it another couple days.

.........or another 5 weeks..............and.....counting......

(1) jrod vs. (7) kgman

(1) AJ vs. (5) skool

(2) habs vs. (3) carse

WOW round 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon man i played my 1st rd series over a month ago ...........put down the pipe and get this s**t rollin dude!!!!!!!! if this s**t would continue to roll like it was supposed to it would be kinda interesting to see who comes out on top but now its like who gives a s**t and lets get the next season going!

I'm all right, but ive just been so busy with work, soccer, and my other obligations, that i have not been able to come online much or commish the league. But it still looks like we are in the same spot as we were oh so long ago. I really want to see these series get done and get some updates from guys like sebe who was having cpu issues. Not sure whats going on with habs or carse, but as for myself, ill try to come on saturday and get some practice games in and be available for a series. These next 2 days are full of more work, soccer, and other obligations.

I'm all right, but ive just been so busy with work, soccer, and my other obligations, that i have not been able to come online much or commish the league. But it still looks like we are in the same spot as we were oh so long ago. I really want to see these series get done and get some updates from guys like sebe who was having cpu issues. Not sure whats going on with habs or carse, but as for myself, ill try to come on saturday and get some practice games in and be available for a series. These next 2 days are full of more work, soccer, and other obligations.

I'll be around as usual for some warmups bro. Sebe mentioned he should be up and running 5-10 days after 7/22. I guess he's been on late with an old pc but said his connections are crappy with it. But it's not like everyone is waiting on us.

i know im a b***h hehe but if some opponents arent available to play series ...give the guy a bye to next round to get this moving or its going to be another 2 months to finish the season ....and if u think im talkin crazy ...i seem to recalll me saying last season this s**t is going to last for another 2 months and people callled me crazy and i think it lasted even longer than what i said ...............people have to start putting their foot down and keep this stuff going on schedule or theres no real gratification of winning this s**t when nobody cares when the playoffs are completed which is supposed to be the best part of the season ........the playoffs shouldve been done by now but now it will take AT LEAST 3-4 weeks to finish these 3 rounds

i know im a b***h hehe but if some opponents arent available to play series ...give the guy a bye to next round to get this moving or its going to be another 2 months to finish the season ....and if u think im talkin crazy ...i seem to recalll me saying last season this s**t is going to last for another 2 months and people callled me crazy and i think it lasted even longer than what i said ...............people have to start putting their foot down and keep this stuff going on schedule or theres no real gratification of winning this s**t when nobody cares when the playoffs are completed which is supposed to be the best part of the season ........the playoffs shouldve been done by now but now it will take AT LEAST 3-4 weeks to finish these 3 rounds

I agree, playoffs should be done and overwith by now, i never planned for things to take this long, but i knew the danger was there because of the time of the year we are in. I think for the most part GDL 3 playoffs went so smoothly because it was beautifully ran and people were around to play. Right now, its not being run well on my part in terms of getting guys to play and some guys are just flat out unavailable or arent available when their opponent is.

Also, im not gonna give byes, especially right now because if i did then Kgman would automatically win since his series is the only one that is complete.

But i will say this, youre right, im wrong, youre big, im small, youre smart, im dumb, youre a winner, im a loser, youre awsome, and i suck. Hopefully that'll hold you over for the next 2 months of playoffs :rolleyes:

I agree, playoffs should be done and overwith by now, i never planned for things to take this long, but i knew the danger was there because of the time of the year we are in. I think for the most part GDL 3 playoffs went so smoothly because it was beautifully ran and people were around to play. Right now, its not being run well on my part in terms of getting guys to play and some guys are just flat out unavailable or arent available when their opponent is.

Also, im not gonna give byes, especially right now because if i did then Kgman would automatically win since his series is the only one that is complete.

But i will say this, youre right, im wrong, youre big, im small, youre smart, im dumb, youre a winner, im a loser, youre awsome, and i suck. Hopefully that'll hold you over for the next 2 months of playoffs :rolleyes:

:(

I must apologize for my absence, i have been attending to some personal issues that have rendered me unable to commit the time necessary to play my series with ICE. The responsibility rests solely on me as ICE has been more than ready to play our series out. I hope to be available by AUGUST 12th, and play the series out.

Thanks for your patience, especially ICE.

For all those who have been anticipating the series between Ice and I, wait no longer. Tonight at approx. 9pm EST, the games shall commence.

<_<

eehhhxcellent

use p2p! record! post on youtube!

(or send me the record files)

UPDATE:

The series will have to wait until tomorrow night. No ones fault really, just life got in the way for both of us. Its a very good chance that it will go tomorrow night around 10pm EST.

Keep you eyes open for the results...

Ya, hopefully shooting for during the day over the weekend (best connection time). Unfortunately things got in the way for both of us last night.

At least we have activity on the league message board :lol:

dont hold your breath anyone ....i expect we will be waiting at least 2 months to complete this f**king bullshit ....im completely disgusted with the deadlines that should have been put in place for this lg ...sorry AJ but you started as an A in running this lg untilll the playoffs .Now your given a D ...THIS IS FKIN crap ...IF I RAN THIS s**t IT WOULD BE DONE AND DRAFTING WOULD START IN A WEEK .....if wanted i will run this fkin bullshit next season and have a continueing flow to this s**t even though i work 12 hr shifts and have a family i could stil do a better job ..........this s**t sucks and i think its time hokkee ran something to show you BUMS how things should go....................................................................

dont hold your breath anyone ....i expect we will be waiting at least 2 months to complete this f**king bullshit ....im completely disgusted with the deadlines that should have been put in place for this lg ...sorry AJ but you started as an A in running this lg untilll the playoffs .Now your given a D ...THIS IS FKIN crap ...IF I RAN THIS s**t IT WOULD BE DONE AND DRAFTING WOULD START IN A WEEK .....if wanted i will run this fkin bullshit next season and have a continueing flow to this s**t even though i work 12 hr shifts and have a family i could stil do a better job ..........this s**t sucks and i think its time hokkee ran something to show you BUMS how things should go....................................................................

:lol:

Here Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hokk, you've got my vote :lol:

(the season over in 2 days)

im not happy with the way things turned out either, i agree with the comment you made about me not running the league as well as i had during the bulk of the season. for that i apologize, perhaps it is time to look for alternatives to better address the situation at hand and in the future.

Hokkee if u ran the league we would have to play all our games in 3 hours. I realize its been taking long for us to finish our series, but theres no need to cast blame. Dudes are just not around, the forum for the most part is an abandoned wasteland. Ice and I will have our series completed by sunday, but what good is that going to do, the winner is just gonna end up waiting for the other series to be completed for god knows how long. Thats just the way the summer is, i have accepted it. The intensity is gone, my game has suffered, from inactivity and its a shame it has to be like this. Drunken, idiotic, childish, temper-tantrums dont help the situation and if it was up to me you would never make a post ever again on this site. You never have anything constructive to say, you just put ppl down and complain like a baby. Maybe if you took your time and actually quit drinkin, you would have won your series and would have actually had the jurisdiction to comment on this issue.

Hokkee if u ran the league we would have to play all our games in 3 hours. I realize its been taking long for us to finish our series, but theres no need to cast blame. Dudes are just not around, the forum for the most part is an abandoned wasteland. Ice and I will have our series completed by sunday, but what good is that going to do, the winner is just gonna end up waiting for the other series to be completed for god knows how long. Thats just the way the summer is, i have accepted it. The intensity is gone, my game has suffered, from inactivity and its a shame it has to be like this. Drunken, idiotic, childish, temper-tantrums dont help the situation and if it was up to me you would never make a post ever again on this site. You never have anything constructive to say, you just put ppl down and complain like a baby. Maybe if you took your time and actually quit drinkin, you would have won your series and would have actually had the jurisdiction to comment on this issue.

although most may side with your opinions, it's another thing to say them. just because I didn't win my series, does this mean I have no "jurisdiction" on the time it takes the playoffs to be completed? I know you are focusing a little bit of frustration back at hokkee, but if I have no respect for hokkee's angry tirade's, I have no respect for this one either.

To be as constructive as possible, we should try to pinpoint when the summer "lazies" begin. We aren't going to win the battle of having people play during the summer, so we should develop a hard deadline for GDL 6 (hopefully)before the beginning of the summer for the playoffs. The hardass approach of making a deadline for playoffs and having coaches forfeit for not playing is the realistic approach to take.

Comments... go.

I'd like to hear what AJ has to say too. He's done a respectable job with the GDL, and he's open enough to make changes for the better. We want this league to be the frontrunner.

Ice and I will have our series completed by sunday

Nigga please :lol:

ps-hokkee's frustration is completely understandable............Lighten up, Sebe, he has just as much of a right to voice his opinion (however indecipherable) as you do!

although most may side with your opinions, it's another thing to say them. just because I didn't win my series, does this mean I have no "jurisdiction" on the time it takes the playoffs to be completed? I know you are focusing a little bit of frustration back at hokkee, but if I have no respect for hokkee's angry tirade's, I have no respect for this one either.

To be as constructive as possible, we should try to pinpoint when the summer "lazies" begin. We aren't going to win the battle of having people play during the summer, so we should develop a hard deadline for GDL 6 (hopefully)before the beginning of the summer for the playoffs. The hardass approach of making a deadline for playoffs and having coaches forfeit for not playing is the realistic approach to take.

Comments... go.

I'd like to hear what AJ has to say too. He's done a respectable job with the GDL, and he's open enough to make changes for the better. We want this league to be the frontrunner.

I agree with this comment as well, except for the last part about wanting this league to be the frontrunner :) Comrades, let's Cap!

Summer lazies begin in June.

Once again hokkees crazy rant filled with profanity and nonsense, prevails against better judgment. Perhaps you all misunderstand me. No one should be able to post anything with profanity. Maybe im wrong... I feel there's no place for it. If you wish to provide an opinion about something, or you need to disapprove of something its cool, just use discretion and be mature about it. I know hokkee can be a little eccentric but theres no need to swear every second word. I doubt Evan wanted his forum filled with that garbage. I find it suprising that you guys think its cool for him to tell whoever off..etc.

I know you are focusing a little bit of frustration back at hokkee,

I dont have any frustration at all, just dont like his crazy, uncalled for rants.

The way things are going, im just gonna start FU*KIN swearing myself, everyone appears to be responding well to it......

No one should be able to post anything with profanity. Maybe im wrong... I feel there's no place for it.

=opinion :)

what are we, 12?

If you've ever played on any kind of team or worked/hung around a group of men, you'd notice their speech isn't exactly

g-rated.

Please don't tell me you're going to go protest Tropic Thunder this weekend :)