NHL'94 Forums

AJ in the second round, he gets a bye?

Im not trying to start beef with you AJ, but im not sure i understand whats happened with you and Sun. I know words were exchanged and u felt it was necessary to kick sun out of the league, or something to that effect. I'm not sure if i may have missed it, but i didnt see an explanation given to anyone publicly. Do u think that its fair that everyone earn their spot in the second round, and u just get a bye?? I know i dont. Why is it that Sun was kicked out, i see a lot of disagreements between dudes, words exchanged etc, no one has been kicked out, I think a warning for the both of you should have been enough. The "interview" with the juicemaker, i feel is more than enough cause to have u be kicked out of the league as well. It was arrogant, childish and not really the AJ i know.... I honestly believe that your personal feelings were the main reason why sun is out of the league, if im wrong, prove it. The least u can do is offer and explanation as to why sun is gone, what he did to warrant his dismissal and why it is you didnt have to play a substitute coach.

Its puzzling to me how no one else has noticed this injustice and made comment on it. I think if this decision stands the integrity of this league goes out the window, and i am forced to retire from the league.

Come on AJ, this is all absurd, unless of course i missed something...

oh ok well that makes a little more sense. I still dont see the connection of sungod's arguments with Logan and his GDL expulsion . AJ explains that sun is a person who is at war with a lot of ppl. I myself believe it takes two to tango. Also if sun has beef with Dr.Pizza thats a dynasty league issue not a GDL one. Two of AJ's arguments for suns dismissal arent even connected to the GDL... Logan and pizza arent even playing in the GDL. That leaves the thorn in our sides, AJ vs Sun, which if broken down, to me seems like an argument in which both AJ and sun should take equal responsibility for.. I can see examples of inappropriate conduct from both sides. The punishment should be the same for both. If SUN goes AJ should go too. If it was up to me i would have them just play the series and move on..I also believe that the person in charge of making drastic decisions like banning a player from the GDL permanently,(which is totally insane if u ask me..)should be someone on the outside looking in. Coaches should not be commissioners, it creates a conflict of interest. What does everyone else think? Speak up dudes..

This subject has been taken up by the Admin Team(myself included) and eventhough we disagree with the bickering, both aj and sun are EQUALLY at fault in this.

Hence, we believe that sun DID NOT deserve to be kicked out of the league based on a personal vendetta, but because we arent the commishioner it isnt our decision to make.

I think the coaches in the league should speak up like sebe and hope a logical decision can be made.

I am on board, and have always been in favor of a tribunal running a league. This tribunal would make difficult decisions such as booting someone from the league.

What AJ was a unilateral move that in my opinion is unacceptable. I agree with Sebe. I haven't commented on this publicly recently because I wanted to take this up with AJ though AIM first. We haven't been on at the same time since Monday when I offered my take, which is, both him and Sun were responsible for not communicating the first week of the playoffs.

I will also step down from this current season if Sungod is not returned to the league and able to play his matchup with AJ. If this is not done, I consider this a tarnished playoff and no reason to continue.

All I know is I got kicked out of Dynasty for refusing to put myself on the line and threaten to quit GDL. Which I'm never going to do. So, GDL 4 Life.

I think this should be ruled by a veteran who's not in the league, someone who we can all agree on his fair judgement

FPB I think that's already been done. The admins discussed it and determined the booting was not right.

BTW, where the hell is Hokkee, that little bastard. He's gotta be convulsing from nhl94 withdrawls. Poor guy.

All I know is I got kicked out of Dynasty for refusing to put myself on the line and threaten to quit GDL. Which I'm never going to do. So, GDL 4 Life.

Do you have proof of this VC and would sun admit to this?

wtf, really? you got kicked out of dynasty?

pure hypocrisy right there.

I do agree though, no way sun should be banned for life from the league, it makes no sense.

Why don't we take a complete stranger in the street and give him 10$ to judge the situation
I second that - except for the $10 part.

I say get gihtarman, me, and tickenest to tribunalize it.

I did this with a dispute last cap season and it worked out well.

I hesitate to even comment on this situation because i think it's retarded in many ways. From the get-go, i've suggested to AJ to find a way to play the series with sunny, even if it meant somebody playing dead tired. From my outside perspective, neither guy really seemed to want to resolve this fiasco.

Did i agree with sunny bein booted?- No

Do i think the decision should have been made by an objective 3rd party?- Yes

However, it's AJ's league and i can't make his decisions for him.

Personally, i wouldn't want to even play in a league that was run by somebody i couldn't stand, but that's me.

I have to agree with VC-i refuse to quit a league i have fun playing-if that warrants me being kicked out of dynasty, so be it.

I second that - except for the $10 part.

That would be fair. I don't think it's fair to sg that jay's the one and done voice in saying whether sungod's kicked out. Even though he's comish, he might be a little bit influenced because of... well yeah :P

I have to agree with VC-i refuse to quit a league i have fun playing-if that warrants me being kicked out of dynasty, so be it.

Theres no way Sun will kick you out of the league for not quiting GDL. I dont know the reason why VC was kicked out, i highly doubt it was cause he refuses to quit GDL. I know Sun prolly more than anyone on this forum and hes just not like that. However i could be wrong. Were u given a reason VC?

I dont think Sun wants anyone to quit GDL, in fact it wasnt his idea at all, i just felt like many others, that there was no alternative but to leave, unless of course it all gets resolved. Ice said it best "{its}a tarnished playoff and no reason to continue." Im sure if AJ stops and thinks about his decision he will reconcider.

This is a really beautiful thing to see when i come home...

Ill try to keep this short and simple. Because last time i explained myself, i got my post removed.

Oh, and ill try to speak in generalities so i dont hurt anyone.

i knew i was going to catch some abuse when i took this post, but you know what, i dont know what you guys want from me. the guy constantly abuses people left and right and causes problems, especially for myself. Im expected to take all of it in stride, act like nothing has ever happened for even a second and when i finally stand up to the guy and say his actions need to end, i get all of this.

Well, you know what, i asked for advice, got little (aside from sungods beautiful rant), i beat down peoples doors to get advice out of them and got some really wishy-washy stuff out there. and you know what, if me dishing out a Rocky 3 quote is going to be considered an utter disgrace to the league, then you all need to really loosen the hell up. because youre asking me to take all the random crap he has thrown out at me that i dont post on boards each an every time because itd be like crying wolf and people would stop listening after a while.

and if you want to build a tribunal, go for it, we tried something like that in gdl 2 and it fell flat on its face. some people have issues even finding each other to play 2 games, how hard do you think itd be to bring in 3-5 people on a consistent basis to react to whatever "emergency" comes up? its very hard, and its cumbersome and it doesnt work.

heres a concept, it would actually be a lot easier if people knew how to act, instead of randomly picking beef with people and expecting them to act like nothing happened and take it all. yeah, that sounds like a hell of a concept. but no, it makes too much sense, if makes a whole lot more sense to have a guy running around causing havoc for several people.

This is a really beautiful thing to see when i come home...

Ill try to keep this short and simple. Because last time i explained myself, i got my post removed.

Oh, and ill try to speak in generalities so i dont hurt anyone.

i knew i was going to catch some abuse when i took this post, but you know what, i dont know what you guys want from me. the guy constantly abuses people left and right and causes problems, especially for myself. Im expected to take all of it in stride, act like nothing has ever happened for even a second and when i finally stand up to the guy and say his actions need to end, i get all of this.

Well, you know what, i asked for advice, got little (aside from sungods beautiful rant), i beat down peoples doors to get advice out of them and got some really wishy-washy stuff out there. and you know what, if me dishing out a Rocky 3 quote is going to be considered an utter disgrace to the league, then you all need to really loosen the hell up. because youre asking me to take all the random crap he has thrown out at me that i dont post on boards each an every time because itd be like crying wolf and people would stop listening after a while.

and if you want to build a tribunal, go for it, we tried something like that in gdl 2 and it fell flat on its face. some people have issues even finding each other to play 2 games, how hard do you think itd be to bring in 3-5 people on a consistent basis to react to whatever "emergency" comes up? its very hard, and its cumbersome and it doesnt work.

heres a concept, it would actually be a lot easier if people knew how to act, instead of randomly picking beef with people and expecting them to act like nothing happened and take it all. yeah, that sounds like a hell of a concept. but no, it makes too much sense, if makes a whole lot more sense to have a guy running around causing havoc for several people.

My tribunals are traditionally between the two parties affected, myself moderating, and two random legue members who I pull in to help me make a best-of-3 jury decision. How hard is it to get three impartial parties together to make up a jury to make a decision? And that's assuming there's no compromise deal made between the belligerents.

I can start a tribunal committee, I already have something in mind - it'd contain four judges that know how to call a tribunal.

wait wait hold on, are you joking? please tell me you're joking.

First of all, I've known Vocally Caged as long as I've been here, and I can honestly say that he's the last person I'd expect to be kicked out of a league, for any reason. He's mild mannered, causes no trouble, shows great sportsmanship, and meets his deadlines. If what you're saying is true, Vocal, then I support AJ's decision 100%. That's the sleaziest load of bullshit I've heard going on between 94 leagues. If sungod has another reason why he was kicked out, then I'd like to hear it. All I know is that Vocal's been here a lot longer, and as such, has earned the right to be taken seriously.

I do have to admit, there's a lack of incriminating evidence that's needed in order to have sound enough reasoning to pick sides. But this really ought to be settled quickly, or we can find ourselves with another GDL2 playoff situation. and i'd rather the season not take MONTHS to finish.

and you know what, if me dishing out a Rocky 3 quote is going to be considered an utter disgrace to the league, then you all need to really loosen the hell up.

word.

For the record, VC and I were asked to quit the Dynasty league because we did not protest Sungods removal. Which was utter bullshit. The whole irony of the thing is that Sungod was doing to VC and I exactly what he felt AJ was doing to him.

Sungod and I talked and he regretted overreacting and asking us to leave. We all have different personalities and ways of dealing with things. Like dealing with things privately versus publicly.

That said, I do not want to leave the GDL. I just would like this thing to be hashed out fairly and impartially. I vote for Metz's idea.

That said, I do not want to leave the GDL. I just would like this thing to be hashed out fairly and impartially. I vote for Metz's idea.

I dont want you or sebe to leave either, but is it not fair for me and several others to not have to deal with sungods random and senseless b.s. time and time again? im sticking with my decision because i feel from many different views it is the right thing to do, and if you want to take it up with me, go for it, but just know, im not going to be easy to convince on any level because i feel very strongly about this. obviously strongly enough to withstand all this.

Is that really that hard to just play a series? I mean, it's good that at least smoz took over and played the series, but it really should be played with sungod vs angryjay because that was the original matchup. Someone please end this madness..

but i didnt see an explanation given to anyone publicly.

His explanation is in this thread.

post # 10

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=7684

why me? but sure! im not biased to either party.

and what the hell is with sungod? kicking poeple from his league cause they are in AJ's league...

thats no way to treat his coaches.. not cool

and what the hell is with sungod? kicking poeple from his league cause they are in AJ's league...

thats no way to treat his coaches.. not cool

why me? but sure! im not biased to either party.

Sounds like you are biased already.....sungod wasnt kicking ppl out of dynasty because they were in the gdl,apparently it was because certain dudes weren't speaking out against AJ's decision to boot SUN from the gdl. Nevertheless, it was a mistake and sun acknowledged it, Ice tells me he was reinstated in the dynasty league and sun apologized.

Sounds like you are biased already.....sungod wasnt kicking ppl out of dynasty because they were in the gdl,apparently it was because certain dudes weren't speaking out against AJ's decision to boot SUN from the gdl. Nevertheless, it was a mistake and sun acknowledged it, Ice tells me he was reinstated in the dynasty league and sun apologized.

If we are dealing directly with the GDL league here, sungod kicking anyone out for any reason is irrelevant. It sounds like a real meathead move to me, but it is not in this league.

A lot of good points have been raised, as a lot of good ideas. However no action is being taken - no one is in charge except AJ.

AJ's decision doesn't sit well with some people, but at the time, he did what he thought was right, and he didn't step outside of any boundaries that were set for him. According to him, sungod's harassment was the reason for him to get kicked out. I agree with this action - we don't need harassing players in the league, although I firsthand haven't been harassed by sungod. I'll believe accounts though until I hear otherwise. AJ shouldn't be punished in any form, including verbal questioning. The way sungod kicked guys out of his league appears to be in a different manner that I don't support at all, but it is irrelevant to this conversation.

The problem is this - his personal bias with being in a series with sungod conflicts with his ability to make a decision. Whether or not this specific issue will be addressed, for future potential issues, a tribunal or committee wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think it should be GDL specific, but rather I think it should be NHL94 community specific. If we all subscribe to the values that Evan sets forth in this community, then any league that is under the NHL94 umbrella should as well. If any issues arise, they should be forwarded to the committee to be evaluated.

My question is this: do people agree that a committee should be formed to handle all NHL94 related user issues? If enough people like this idea, we can push for it.

Guest Wags13

I think AJ and Sungod should just make out and get it over.. their homo-erotic tension that leads to the animosity is obvious...

brokeback%20movie.jpg

"i wish i could quit you AJ"

"i wish i could quit you sun"