NHL'94 Forums

Even Weezer loved NHL 95

segathon

WEEZER NHL 95

Win Weezer's copy of 'NHL 95,' but time is running out

By Greg Wyshynski

Puck Daddy officially endorses Weezer as one of the best rock bands on the planet, no matter how many uneven albums and ironic lead singer mustaches they choose to produce. Eye on the Media's Steve Lepore brings us this roundabout tie between the band and the greatest series of hockey video games ever produced:

...folks, here's your chance to get your hands on a piece of real weezer history. Way back in 1994 and 1995, weezer had a then state-of-the-art Sega Genesis on tour with them. Everyone would play NHL 95 for hours as we rolled along in the bus, and when things didnt go well, the console got punched! But it survived! Then in '98, I decided to use the console and games as a fan club contest prize, for desigining the new fanclub t-shirt. One Tracy Chang won for her aweome "I'm A Weezer Fan" design, and we shipped her the box of Sega classics.

Now Tracy has decided to let this priceless memento go ("It's still in good working order!" she says), and it's on ebay for whoever wins it! Check it out!

Clearly, the record label has stopped paying for spell check. Time is short, friends: The auction is set to end at June 29 at 6:12 p.m. PDT. After 30 bids, the price for the whole package was $315.

This would be a worthy addition to any music memorabilia or hockey video game collection. Maybe you can even get Rivers Cuomo to autograph it someday. If we ever met Rivers Cuomo, there are only two questions we'd ask him: "What's with these homies dissin' my girl?" and "Why do they gotta front?" And then he'd smile out of sympathy.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-661596496-1214668868.jpg?ymFR_m_Craxrq0oH

• 8 months later...