NHL'94 Forums

Old Website Requests & New Features

This is the thread for making requests for website changes/upgrades/fixes.

Found a bug/inconsistency?

Want another statistic shown?*

Want a new page?

Want sorting or team-/coach-filtering on a page that doesn't have it?

*some stats aren't easily extracted from the database, so I may not add all requested stats, or it may take me a while to add them.

Edited by smozoma

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's have a "Goal of the Week" type thing or just a replays page with some good goals, game highlights, etc.

If that's possible that would be awesome.

Also, could we (do we?) have a records page where it can state some records? Like we can see Carse getting 100 hits a game or Vocally Caged scoring 7 pass goals in one game etc. :D

Let's have a "Goal of the Week" type thing or just a replays page with some good goals, game highlights, etc.

If that's possible that would be awesome.

Also, could we (do we?) have a records page where it can state some records? Like we can see Carse getting 100 hits a game or Vocally Caged scoring 7 pass goals in one game etc. :D

-- Records --

I have a records page (see here for the fvhl one), but I still need to update it so it works with the new version of the database (multiple seasons).

Pass shots goals are no different than ordinary shot goals in the game, stats-wise.

-- Goal of the Week --

One idea I have is allowing you to attach savestates (*.gs0, *.gs1, etc) or kaillera recordings (*.krec) to an already-submitted game. You'd also be able to add a description to the attached file. If someone wants to watch your clip or game, they can download the file, open the league ROM in gens, and load the save state or kaillera recording and watch it in the emulator. (If you make a savestate in the middle of the game, you can then load that save state and go to the instant replay to see what happened..)

I could maybe allow youtube links to be added to games, too.. as long as everyone promises to not keep linking to rick rolls :P

• 2 weeks later...

bump, now that season has started

i found an interesting bug last night, playing vinnie:

if you run into the goalie and get a penalty called against you, but the puck then trickles in, the goalie is not credited with a shot and goal agaist. Why? Because as soon as the ref puts his hand up, the goalie is considered 'pulled' and shots/goals don't count against him. One day i'll have to try to detect and that missing shot/goal when the game is uploaded...

check it out:

http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=305

ranford only has 3 GA, when he lost 4-3. Also, because the way i calculate Minutes Played is based on the number of shots the goalie faced compared to the total recorded in the Game Stats screen, his minutes played number is wrong, too!

• 2 months later...
Points over .500

WIN = +2

OTW = +1

TIE = 0

OTL = -1

LOSS = -2

Any reason the win pct and eyeballing the win/loss difference isn't adequate? I guess this could be useful in the playoff position hunt..

It's easier for me to know how much it's going to take to get back over .500, or to it. That's my main reason.

You need (GP-Pts) wins to get to 0.500. The half points mess things up a bit, but.. shmeh... I really don't think it's worth a column.

Can I appease you instead by fixing the (OTW) thing? :D

I updated the main standings page so the OTLs are included in the L column ("L(OTL)"), so it's like the "W(OTW)" column. I find it makes it easier to eyeball the record. W+L+T=GP.

I'll update the other pages that need this fixed, later.

Edited by smozoma

how about a powerplay and penalty kill percentage.....also...maybe shutouts?

PP and PK stats can be found by clicking the "+" mark after "Team Standings". This goes to the "Team Stats" page, which has more detailed stats (checks, breakaways, one-timers, period breakdowns, attack zone...)

http://www.blitz94.com/teamstats.asp

Shutouts and GWG are things I would like to add eventually. EDIT: Shutouts and GWG have been added.

Edited by smozoma

Records page is up now:

http://www.blitz94.com/records.asp

I still have to make it work with seasons and A/B leagues, though... right now it's just all-time records, A and B leagues combined.

Edited by smozoma

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How about a stat that tracks injuries given/received

UPDATE: injuries given is now tracked: http://www.blitz94.com/penaltiesplayers.asp

The game does not report who was injured in the save file, so I can't track that.

Edited by smozoma

• 2 months later...

I upgraded the logos. No teams should have scrawny little logos anymore:

http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1485

If the logos look messed up (thick white borders?), then you need a new web browser:

Firefox 3.5.1

Opera 9.64 (invented tabs over 10 years ago!)

Chrome 2.0

(I see you upgraded from IE6 to FF3.5 last week, Zalex, nice :super_man:)

Edited by smozoma

Hey Smoz, if it's possible and makable, a recent games played part on the homepage of blitz website like NHL91.com and GDL would be cool. I know this has been treated somewhere on the forum but can't remember where... Anyways good job with the site lol

Hey Smoz, if it's possible and makable, a recent games played part on the homepage of blitz website like NHL91.com and GDL would be cool. I know this has been treated somewhere on the forum but can't remember where... Anyways good job with the site lol

hmm... maybe some day.

In the meantime, you can go to the Results page, and the games at the top are the most recently-played games.

EDIT: A recent games list is now on the front page at http://www.blitz94.com. You also get some team and player stats leaders.

Edited by smozoma

The Blitz website now has Game-Winning Goals!

(also Game-Tying goals, and OT goals (which count as GWGs))

You can see who your clutch guys are...

Dino Ciccarelli leads the "B" league with 28 career GWGs (5 in OT)

Teemu Selanne leads the "A" league with 25 career GWGs (3 in OT)

Interesting stat:

So far in season 3, Montreal's Yzerman and Hull both have 35 goals, but Hull has 7 game-winners and Yzerman only has 2!

Edited by smozoma

Minor update to the Team pages:

The player stats tables now show these stats, also:

Pts/G, ChkF, ChkA, GWG(OT), GTG

http://www.blitz94.com/team.asp?team=WSH&lg=0

Next, I will try to record goals scored by goalies, so we can find out which goalies have scored goals. Currently, you can only see goalie goals recorded in the Scoring Summary of a game.

I also need to fix the game history on the player page... since it's listing each game like 10 times.

UPDATE: goalie goals are recorded

Game history fixed... mostly... still has duplicates when the player's team had a coaching change.

Edited by smozoma

The Three Stars of the game should be something nice to see after games, just to give us an idea who got the job done. The save states used are there, smoz, just take a peek!