NHL'94 Forums

Old Website Requests & New Features

The Three Stars of the game should be something nice to see after games, just to give us an idea who got the job done. The save states used are there, smoz, just take a peek!

The 3-stars are calculated on the fly, so aren't stored in the save state. I've tried tracing the code to figure out the exact formula, but wasn't entirely successful (although I found I could adjust the goalie star formula so the goalie is more likely to get a star if he makes like 12 of 13 saves).

But I'll put the 3-stars on my list.

UPDATE:

I figured out the formula the game uses for 3 stars, and then I edited it to give more realistic results. Game boxscores now have 3 Stars at the bottom.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hokkeefan mentioned that he is 10-1 sober, and 3-13 when inebriated this season.

I can vouch for that. Hokk is a monster when he's sober-probably top five on site-No Bull

Hokkeefan mentioned that he is 10-1 sober, and 3-13 when inebriated this season.

Perhaps you can add a blood vs. alcohol level stat to the database.

Lol. Blow into the USB port.

I have a suggestion.

When I upload a save state the Text is red and it always looks like an error message.

A successful message should be green or blue :)

Lol. Blow into the USB port.

I have a suggestion.

When I upload a save state the Text is red and it always looks like an error message.

A successful message should be green or blue :)

excellent suggestion, thanks!

(i'll do it eventually -- it's a bit tough to test!)

done!

Edited by smozoma

I updated the Records page a bit.

• It now divides things by league, so use the A/B switch at the top to see records for your league.
  • Now shows most checks by a player in one game and most checks against a player in one game.

"A" League records

"B" League records

Edited by smozoma

I finally fixed the Player page.

It now shows Pts/Gm, GWG, etc. The "Season Highs" are only for the current season. The game log lists every game played by that player.

Check out Yzerman... Sakic...

I'd like to add more to it so it lists his career stats... but some other time. -- EDIT: done it!

Edited by smozoma

If possible, why not make All-Star squads in the Blitz rom featuring the best players in both leagues?

odd request...could you update the front page with little snippets for the season 2 winners? they deserve their recognition.

I finally did this : )

http://www.blitz94.com/

If possible, why not make All-Star squads in the Blitz rom featuring the best players in both leagues?

Nice suggestion, I'll keep it in mind when I make the season 4 ROM. All Stars "A" and All Stars "B" :)

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot about the All Stars for the Season 4 ROM! I'll try to remember for Season 5

I finally fixed the Player page.

It now shows Pts/Gm, GWG, etc. The "Season Highs" are only for the current season. The game log lists every game played by that player.

Check out Yzerman... Sakic...

I'd like to add more to it so it lists his career stats... but some other time.

awesome dude, been looking forward to this upgrade for awhile now.

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT

edit: sorting of that players stats lists current season only. It doesn't include prior seasons. no biggie just fyi.

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT

edit: sorting of that players stats lists current season only. It doesn't include prior seasons. no biggie just fyi.

yeah, I don't have any cookie cutter code for that, so it's a ToDo :)

UPDATE:

I have stats for all the seasons listed now. However, you can't sort them due to how I'm fetching the data.

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT

What I also want to see is the rest of the players on both leagues. I get an error whenever I want to check say, Wayne Gretzky's stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Another request is that I want to see the stats on B league when I sort them in order to look at them. Whenever I do that, I get back to the A league stats. Can you figure something out?

Another request is that I want to see the stats on B league when I sort them in order to look at them. Whenever I do that, I get back to the A league stats. Can you figure something out?

Steps to follow if you're having this issue:

1. Go to the top and press "B". (You'll lose the sort, but..)

2. Press the back button (you'll be seeing "A" still, but..)

3. Press F5 to refresh the page and see "B" stats sorted how you want.

Basically, you can't compare "A" and "B" stuff at the same time.

It's fixed now. If you're in "A" or "B" league mode, you can view "A" and "B" players' and teams' info at the same time. To view Farm league info, you have to be in Farm mode, though.

Edited by smozoma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very happy about this new update...

• Powerplay and shorthanded stats for players on the Player Stats page.
  • Shutouts stats for goalies on the Player Stats page
  • Goals for goalies!!!

[*]Power Ratings now work for the playoffs.. except that I have a bug that makes the SOS, Opp%, OppOpp% be incorrect..

[*]Slightly more efficient storage of player game stats which will hopefully make the player stats page a little bit faster (~22,500 rows instead of ~35,500 rows... always growing, though)

Edited by smozoma

• 3 weeks later...

Just make a separate page of the site and try to post the sharing links. You know, the ones that show the miniscreen of the videos.

Just make a separate page of the site and try to post the sharing links. You know, the ones that show the miniscreen of the videos.

I was thinking of embedding the videos in the Boxscore page, but I need a nice way to indicate (on the playoffs page) that a game has a video to watch.

Youtube videos now integrated into the site better.

The Results page has a YouTube logo link : http://www.blitz94.com/results.asp?season=...p;playoffs=true

The Playoffs page has a YouTube logo link (click the logo to go to youtube, click the score number to go to the boxscore): http://www.blitz94.com/playoffs.asp?season=2&lg=0

Individual game has embedded video: http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1979

Wow...very nice job on the site.

Added a Playoffs page

I need to think of a nice way to put youtube links on there...

You could be a 'highlights' tab/section with integrated youtube videos/links

and maybe one day not need youtube at all.

Although, youtube does make things easy.

Youtube videos now integrated into the site better.

The Results page has a YouTube logo link : http://www.blitz94.com/results.asp?season=...p;playoffs=true

The Playoffs page has a YouTube logo link (click the logo to go to youtube, click the score number to go to the boxscore): http://www.blitz94.com/playoffs.asp?season=2&lg=0

Individual game has embedded video: http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1979

The videos on the boxscore pages for the finals is a very nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

When you click a player. And it shows their 'season stats'

There should be an all time stat bar with their grand total of all seasons.

or maybe a page dedicated to view the list of players and there combined stats from A and B.

When you click a player. And it shows their 'season stats'

There should be an all time stat bar with their grand total of all seasons.

or maybe a page dedicated to view the list of players and there combined stats from A and B.

yeah, i want to do this some day... i've drawn up some designs on paper before, but never started the actual programming work

EDIT: I have it showing their career stats now, year by year. I don't have a Totals line, though (yet).

Edited by smozoma