NHL'94 Forums

Old Website Requests & New Features

ever have one of those stupid pop ups that scrolls with your page?

Well. In the View players section of the draft. The bar with the [ovr] [wgt] [agi] etc..

Should scroll down when you do.

Im sure im not the only one going up and down up and down trying to compare 2 different players.

Hold that thought. writing that I had a different idea.

Maybe a box off to the side where you can drag an drop players to compare them.

Edit - Nvm I suppose the pick list is suitable for this.

Edited by shaftman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft Site - new Current Rosters Page

I added a "Roster" link that you can use to see the current team rosters.

I also updated the styling on the Last Season's Team page, so it matches the usual site theme.

Roster for L.A: http://www.blitz94.com/draftab/thisseasonteam.asp?team=L.A

Note that trades don't show up until I manually enter them on the website.

Player Stats - Career Stats, combined A and B leagues

There is now a way to look at a player's career total stats using the Player Stats page.

Set:

- "Season" to "ALL"

- League to "A/B"

Players (Yzerman, Sakic, Kontos top 3):

http://www.blitz94.com/playerstats.asp?sho...;playoffs=false

Goalies (Roy, Belfour, Fuhr top 3):

http://www.blitz94.com/playerstats.asp?ord...;playoffs=false

Player Page - Previous Season Stats

You can now check out a player's previous season stats all at once on the Player Stats page:

Yzerman A/B: http://www.blitz94.com/player.asp?player=146&lg=0

Yzerman Farm: http://www.blitz94./player.asp?player=146&lg=9 (note: Farm has only done Season 3 so far)

I also made it so that as long as you're in the "A" or "B" league 'mode' of the site, you'll see both his "A" and "B" stats. If you're in "Farm" mode, you'll see farm stats.

Unfortunately, there's currently a bug where the page won't work if the player didn't play any games in the most recent season... I'll look into that later.

Edited by smozoma

in addition to the above few items, I also recently added:

Player Search

Here is Yzerman's page: http://www.blitz94.com/player.asp?player=146

At the top, there is now a search box for looking up players. You can write a few letters and finds anyone who matches any part. So "ski" would match Zalapksi, etc.

Player Attributes

I added the player's attributes at the top of the page, too.

Edited by smozoma

• 4 weeks later...

The coach's current winning or losing streak in coach standing page or team standing page would be cool.

From HABS:

What do you think about adding last 5 games stat or last 10, also current streak. And W-L after scoring 1st, leading after 1st, leading after 2nd.

I'd like to add these eventually, but it won't be done this season.

• 4 weeks later...

How about penalty shots attempts and goals? It could be interesting to see who can succeed in penalty shots and who fail it when it's time.

How about penalty shots attempts and goals? It could be interesting to see who can succeed in penalty shots and who fail it when it's time.

It's on the Team Standings "+" page: http://www.blitz94.com/teamstats.asp

If you mean by player, it is impossible to record that statistic. I can only know team penalty shot stats.

Edited by smozoma

I worked on the way the A/B/Farm switches work. I think it's much more intuitive now, keeping your sort orders when you switch modes.

For example, if you go to the Team Standings and then sort on Goals For, you can then click the "A" or "B" or "Farm" mode link at the top of the page, and it'll preserve your sort order. It'll also preserve the season you were looking at.

Unfortunately, due the way I was able to shoehorn the combined "A/B" mode into the Player Stats page, the A, B, Farm mode switches don't work like on the other pages because they are overridden by the league selector radio buttons in the Submit form. On that page, you need to change the radio button and re-submit.

Anyway, I hope this helps out a bit!

It's on the Team Standings "+" page: http://www.blitz94.com/teamstats.asp

If you mean by player, it is impossible to record that statistic. I can only know team penalty shot stats.

Well, team penalty shots percentage will be good enough for me. I just wanted to see if it can be done.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Well, team penalty shots percentage will be good enough for me. I just wanted to see if it can be done.

it's there already, like I said :)

Scroll to the right on the Team Stats page. It's the 6th-last grouping, next to Faceoffs.

You can hold the mouse over the crazy abbreviations and a pop-up will appear telling you what they mean.

That's nice, now I'll see what TSA means and other stuff.

That's a big ass table. o_O Can I suggest separating it into 3 tables instead?

Edited by RedWingDevil

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

Team Stats Page

The Team Stats page is no longer one gigantic 4-screen-wide table. I broke it up into 4 tables, one below the other.

Edited by smozoma

• 3 weeks later...

Player Penalties Page

I added a page showing a detailed breakdown of the penalties players got.

How to get to the page: Go to the Player Stats page, then click the Penalties link above the stats table (see image below).

Mouse-over the table column headers to see a popup with the name of the penalty ("Inj" = "Injuring")

In a few days I'll also add a page with the breakdowns for coaches (so you can see which coach dished out the most injuries, etc)

Some examples:

Scott Stevens has a massive lead in all-time penalties as of season 4 with 192 PIM.

Smozoma's season 3 leader in injuring penalties was Steve Smith with 8 PIM.

post-253-1266930857_thumb.png

Edited by smozoma

Player Penalties Page

I added a page showing a detailed breakdown of the penalties players got.

How to get to the page: Go to the Player Stats page, then click the Penalties link above the stats table (see image below).

Mouse-over the table column headers to see a popup with the name of the penalty ("Inj" = "Injuring")

In a few days I'll also add a page with the breakdowns for coaches (so you can see which coach dished out the most injuries, etc)

Some examples:

Scott Stevens has a massive lead in all-time penalties as of season 4 with 192 PIM.

Smozoma's season 3 leader in injuring penalties was Steve Smith with 8 PIM.

post-253-1266930857_thumb.png

pretty cool!

Uwe Krupp is badass lolol http://www.blitz94.com/penaltiesplayers.as...amp;orderby=Inj

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to add user comments section in gamestats like this??? http://nehl.nhlpc.net/pages/scorerecap.ASPX?id=1329

Would be very nice.

Edited by Freydey

Hey Smoz, if it's possible and makable, a recent games played part on the homepage of blitz website like NHL91.com and GDL would be cool. I know this has been treated somewhere on the forum but can't remember where... Anyways good job with the site lol

Recent Games on Homepage

I finally added the recent games list to the home page. You get the 5 most recent games, plus the current Pts% or Wins leader, Pts/GP or Pts leader, and GAA leader.

Depending on whether it's the playoffs or not, you see different stats... percents and per-games during the regular season, and wins and points during the playoffs.

Recent Games on Homepage

I finally added the recent games list to the home page. You get the 5 most recent games, plus the current Pts% or Wins leader, Pts/GP or Pts leader, and GAA leader.

Depending on whether it's the playoffs or not, you see different stats... percents and per-games during the regular season, and wins and points during the playoffs.

Oooohhh yeeah good job

• 2 months later...

Big Website Update!

Mainly due to discovering the Time On Ice (TOI) statistic and adding a 3 Stars hack to the ROM

Player Stats - Time on Ice, "Production" stats added

New:

• Time on Ice and "Production"
  • I like the Production ("Prod") stat -- it tells you how many minutes of ice time it takes for a player to score a point, on average. It's useful for deciding which of your bubble players is most effective.

Check out the new Player Stats page

post-253-055820500 1282002935_thumb.png

Boxscore - Time on Ice, 3 Stars, Player names linked

New:

• TOI for players
  • Accurate TOI for Goalies (it was estimated, previously, based on number of shots)
  • 3 Stars with a custom formula that makes more sense for our play style.
  • Links on player names (fiiinally)
  • Also, if you didn't notice before, games with videos have the video embedded in the boxscore

Check out the new Boxscore page

post-253-036260600 1281998657_thumb.png

Player Page - Videos, Improved Stats

• Ohhhh videooooh.. I only have videos for a few players right now. When you draft your team, you can send me links for videos for your players if they don't have videos and I'll put them on the site.
  • TOI, PP, SH stats included
  • Playoff stats split off into a separate table because it was getting too wide as one.
  • I also added a player name search box a while ago.

Check out the new Player Info page

post-253-036769800 1282000970_thumb.png

A Background Image, Finally!

Nothing too exciting, just a subtle little picture with a player shooting at a goalie

post-253-045521200 1281997852_thumb.png

Team Page - Season selection

The Team page is much improved. You can select which season/team/league/etc to view, instead of being limited to the current season and either regular season or playoffs.

Check out the new Team Page

To-Do List

Roughly in order of precendence

Before next season starts:

• read and display +/- stat
  • A/B All Star teams in Season 05 ROM (for RedWingDevil)
  • Allow coaches to submit a game summary to go on the boxscore (for Freydey, donnybrook)

Any time:

• Coach info page -- how to contact them, time zone / where they live, etc. Optional short bio...
  • Awards page (I have created good formulas formulas.. need to make a page)
  • Last 10 game record, Winning/losing streak (for Freydey, HABS)

Kevin Miller has a video link in his profile? The Miller of the 1 point in blitz league history variety, not the one with 2 top 10 ppg season in A? :blink:

I put in a few guys based on their season 4 team, so Boston/donnybrook's Ludwig, Miller, and Murzyn have vids.. but then I figured I'd just let people send me video links when they draft their season 5 team, to save me the effort of finding them.

Also a bunch of original NHL94 ANA and BOS guys have vids.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Website Update!

Mainly due to discovering the Time On Ice (TOI) statistic and adding a 3 Stars hack to the ROM

Player Stats - Time on Ice, "Production" stats added

New:

• Time on Ice and "Production"
  • I like the Production ("Prod") stat -- it tells you how many minutes of ice time it takes for a player to score a point, on average. It's useful for deciding which of your bubble players is most effective.

Check out the new Player Stats page

post-253-055820500 1282002935_thumb.png

Boxscore - Time on Ice, 3 Stars, Player names linked

New:

• TOI for players
  • Accurate TOI for Goalies (it was estimated, previously, based on number of shots)
  • 3 Stars with a custom formula that makes more sense for our play style.
  • Links on player names (fiiinally)
  • Also, if you didn't notice before, games with videos have the video embedded in the boxscore

Check out the new Boxscore page

post-253-036260600 1281998657_thumb.png

Player Page - Videos, Improved Stats

• Ohhhh videooooh.. I only have videos for a few players right now. When you draft your team, you can send me links for videos for your players if they don't have videos and I'll put them on the site.
  • TOI, PP, SH stats included
  • Playoff stats split off into a separate table because it was getting too wide as one.
  • I also added a player name search box a while ago.

Check out the new Player Info page

post-253-036769800 1282000970_thumb.png

A Background Image, Finally!

Nothing too exciting, just a subtle little picture with a player shooting at a goalie

post-253-045521200 1281997852_thumb.png

Team Page - Season selection

The Team page is much improved. You can select which season/team/league/etc to view, instead of being limited to the current season and either regular season or playoffs.

Check out the new Team Page

To-Do List

Roughly in order of precendence

Before next season starts:

• read and display +/- stat
  • A/B All Star teams in Season 05 ROM (for RedWingDevil)
  • Allow coaches to submit a game summary to go on the boxscore (for Freydey, donnybrook)

Any time:

• Coach info page -- how to contact them, time zone / where they live, etc. Optional short bio...
  • Awards page (I have created good formulas formulas.. need to make a page)
  • Last 10 game record, Winning/losing streak (for Freydey, HABS)

EASIESTLY the best league and website for nhl94.Awsome upgrades !

• 3 months later...

Plus/Minus!

That's right, you can finally know plus/minus! It's not very useful in a no-line-changes league, but whatever.

Here's an interesting one: http://www.blitz94.com/team.asp?season=5&team=ANH&coach=&playoffs=false&orderby=PlusMinus&lg=1 - John Maclean is +13, but most of the rest of the team is about -25.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

yeah or can you add last 10 games in the standing page? Just like in the Classic league. :)