NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Problem Solving Committee

NHL94.com Justice  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we elect a supreme court?

• yes
    • no

Should there be a committee, that all big issues shoud be taken to? a supreme court of NHL94.com?

where every major issue between players and leagues are taken to?

A committee that will make a final judgment, on any given situation brought to them.

The judgments they make would be final ruling. no ifs, ands, or buts

Of course the final ruling of this committee would be 99.9% just and fair to all parties of the situation.

i have a migrain and im very tired so i dont feel like typing out the specifics.

But vote wether you would want this or not.

If everyone wants it, then we should all get together and elect a committee and put rules in place

for the committee, and rules for using the committee.

(the committee should not be summoned everytime someone spills milk)

cast your vote

I am 100% behind this idea. I'm curious to hear the reasons behind the 2 'no' votes. Why anyone would want the entire burden of making difficults decisions placed solely on their shoulders or any one individuals is beyond me. Unless they enjoy having that power, then it's understandable.

This is overkill to the thousandth degree.

It's video game hockey people.

Yes, it is a video game. However, hundreds of bro-sky's with honking testosterone make community issues a problem. Not everyone sees eye to eye... and your third party calm perspective doesn't exist when you are the one involved in a dispute.

I imagine this "supreme court" is here only for the extreme situations of dude's getting screwed over (which we have had), and people that are out of control (we've had plenty of that). I think it makes sense.

If you can explain why it is overkill to rid this community of nagging issues, let us know.

Guest Wags13

It's pretty simple to explain why this is overkill.

Name one issue that lingers for more than a week or two? The most serious things I can think of that have happened here haven't lasted more than a few days. The DrPizza post was killed minutes after it came on board.. the Sungod/AJ love fest was a little longer, but resolved itself within a few days. Why do we need a supreme court to decide every issue? Each league has admins, let the admins decide the issue that pertains to its league. No one is putting a gun to someone's head to join a league. I am sure if Sungod creates another league, some people may not join because of past decisions he's made- FINE. Same with AJ..

I still say at the end of all of this:

It's video game hockey for christ sake.

It's pretty simple to explain why this is overkill.

Name one issue that lingers for more than a week or two? The most serious things I can think of that have happened here haven't lasted more than a few days. The DrPizza post was killed minutes after it came on board.. the Sungod/AJ love fest was a little longer, but resolved itself within a few days. Why do we need a supreme court to decide every issue? Each league has admins, let the admins decide the issue that pertains to its league. No one is putting a gun to someone's head to join a league. I am sure if Sungod creates another league, some people may not join because of past decisions he's made- FINE. Same with AJ..

I still say at the end of all of this:

It's video game hockey for christ sake.

I wasn't aware the Sungod/AJ fest was over. It still seems to be going on since the issue isn't resolved, and it has prompted this discussion.

Why is this so threatening to you? Do you see a negative side to this you are not revealing to us?

The issues that you say last a week or two would be diminished further. I think that is a step forward to a better experience in the nhl94 community.

And at the end of the day, it's still video game hockey.

Guest Wags13
I wasn't aware the Sungod/AJ fest was over. It still seems to be going on since the issue isn't resolved, and it has prompted this discussion.

Why is this so threatening to you? Do you see a negative side to this you are not revealing to us?

The issues that you say last a week or two would be diminished further. I think that is a step forward to a better experience in the nhl94 community.

And at the end of the day, it's still video game hockey.

To my knowledge, AJ has made his decision and advanced his team to the next round. Sungod has apologized to those he asked to stick up for him at threat of bounce from the Dynasty League.. and the last serious post made on the subject is over a day old. All decisions made without tribunal. It's overkill and would risk that EVERY issue, major or minor, would need this silly supreme court to decide.. which those "elected" to the court would have to be available for morning noon and night.. its a lot of work for online video game hockey.

To my knowledge, AJ has made his decision and advanced his team to the next round. Sungod has apologized to those he asked to stick up for him at threat of bounce from the Dynasty League.. and the last serious post made on the subject is over a day old. All decisions made without tribunal. It's overkill and would risk that EVERY issue, major or minor, would need this silly supreme court to decide.. which those "elected" to the court would have to be available for morning noon and night.. its a lot of work for online video game hockey.

It's done for you... but not for a lot of people. This issue has caused a lot of fervor among GDL, and the decision made by AJ doesn't sit well with people.

Sungod isn't speaking because he realizes there is a degree of immaturity to continuing a personal argument on this message board, so he took the high road and stopped. My bottom dollar says he wants to finish the series that he earned the right to play in.

A decision making team would have resolved this without issue. Poll GDL members, and ask them if they agree with AJs decision. I don't blame him for anything, but I can see that there is a better way for this type of issue in the future.

nhl94.com does not need a tribunal...we have admins and moderators to take care of any forum behavior...all league related issues should be handled by the league itself.

my understanding is that AJ became commish because no one else wanted it. So essentially they picked their leader and his decision making that comes with it...it's no different than any other commish gdl has had and the decisions they've made.

If there's guys that feel they can be a better decision maker than previous commissioners...then they should throw their name in the hat to be commish for that league. with enough names..you'll get your own league tribunal in the end anyways.

nhl94.com does not need a tribunal...we have admins and moderators to take care of any forum behavior...all league related issues should be handled by the league itself.

my understanding is that AJ became commish because no one else wanted it. So essentially they picked their leader and his decision making that comes with it...it's no different than any other commish gdl has had and the decisions they've made.

If there's guys that feel they can be a better decision maker than previous commissioners...then they should throw their name in the hat to be commish for that league. with enough names..you'll get your own league tribunal in the end anyways.

Issue - league specific commissioners are making biased decisions which do not provide the best experience for nhl94 community members

AJ does his job well. However, in a certain situation, it is in the entire league's best interest to outsource this problem. A lot of people are pissed because of what happens, and we'd like to avoid it.

If you are satisfied with admins and moderators, then you should consider stepping in. With structure in place, these issues will not arise. AJ does not need replaced, so don't suggest it.

Issue - league specific commissioners are making biased decisions which do not provide the best experience for nhl94 community members

AJ does his job well. However, in a certain situation, it is in the entire league's best interest to outsource this problem. A lot of people are pissed because of what happens, and we'd like to avoid it.

If you are satisfied with admins and moderators, then you should consider stepping in. With structure in place, these issues will not arise. AJ does not need replaced, so don't suggest it.

I respect AJ immensly for taking on the role of commish because I know how hard it is. AJ made a decision that he thought was appropriate and unbiased to make...you and other members of GDL disagreed and felt he made a biased decision. Well part of a commissioner's job is to make decisions and be unbiased.

I ran my own own league for three seasons. If i needed help on making decision then I approached people who i thought were great decision makers...I presented my problem and see what advice they could offer then made what I felt to be the best decision I could.

In three years on this site...how many issues have had such a backlash from several members of their league? The sungod/aj issue is the only one I can think of.

If GDL wants to elect an outside counsel for GDL then they can try and do so. However no other league should be subject to this tribunals decison making. This is and always has been a GDL issue.

Who's thrown their name in the hat? I'd be surprised if someone actually volunteered for this. I don't know why anyone would want this responsibility.

I think GDL's best option is to elect a committee of 3. AJ, Matt and Ice would great for this.

I respect AJ immensly for taking on the role of commish because I know how hard it is. AJ made a decision that he thought was appropriate and unbiased to make...you and other members of GDL disagreed and felt he made a biased decision. Well part of a commissioner's job is to make decisions and be unbiased.

I ran my own own league for three seasons. If i needed help on making decision then I approached people who i thought were great decision makers...I presented my problem and see what advice they could offer then made what I felt to be the best decision I could.

In three years on this site...how many issues have had such a backlash from several members of their league? The sungod/aj issue is the only one I can think of.

If GDL wants to elect an outside counsel for GDL then they can try and do so. However no other league should be subject to this tribunals decison making. This is and always has been a GDL issue.

Who's thrown their name in the hat? I'd be surprised if someone actually volunteered for this. I don't know why anyone would want this responsibility.

I think GDL's best option is to elect a committee of 3. AJ, Matt and Ice would great for this.

That sounds fine - GDL players can handle GDL events within the league.

Other leagues should follow format - Sungod/AJ issue spilled over into Sungod's league as well, so I don't feel it's league independent or something that won't rear it's head again with growth and formation of new leagues.

I don't need a supreme court though, I already have a tribunal system ready for more serious issues - and I'm ready to pull the trigger on points penalties. Of course, I have such a system in my league that disputes are rarely an issue of kicking a person out of the league.

Well, I think the point here is that league commissioners have the ability to abuse their power - the issue isn't that a commissioner can reverse a decision, it is that he should NOT reverse the decision. If he does reverse it, then subsequent activity should act as a community punishment.

In nuclear proliferation, we call this "North Korea."

I call this

In some league like Dynasty NHL94.com only provided publicity and players and had no relation what so ever in the manking of the league so Sungod can do whatever the fucks he wants it's his league he work hard and paid for it and for me that's over an Admin decision of 94'.com no disrespect to the admins

That's fine, I understand that Rocket.

I think that, in order to get people to come on board with a tribunal, individual leagues have to subject themselves to it, like an alliance.

It honestly doesn't take an act of God, or even an act of Evan, in order to get the whole site under similar rules. The fact of the matter is that many league commissioners would be rather distrustful of the actions of a separate committee. So I'm not sure where this would lie...I would absolutely not be willing to submit the capitalism leagues to a tribunal if I was not at least in the tribunal, if not the head.