NHL'94 Forums

can I play Sega Cd on Playstation 1?

soccer1

Hey Guys, In the last little while I have had the benefit of playing NHL94 on Sega Cd. Donny was right, it is SUPERIOR to sega and snes gameplay.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to play burned sega cd games on playstation 1? does anyone know of a person who could install a modchip to make that possible. What is the associated cost with installing a modchip?

Also, I hope one day, wboy will be able to create a NOSE editor for sega cd. I think the online gaming community on this forum would benefit greatly from playing the sega cd version in their league play. It is much smoother gameplay, overall a better game.

Hey wboy, if you were able to remove the intro from the sega cd nhl94 version (video), would that give extra bytes (room) on the rom to edit full players names like in the genesis NOSE editor?

Thanks, The online league looks wicked!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to play burned sega cd games on playstation 1? does anyone know of a person who could install a modchip to make that possible. What is the associated cost with installing a modchip?

Such mod devices don't exist, and the Playstation 2 can bearly emulate the Genesis at full speed, so you're dreaming if you think the Playstation 1 ever could.

Also, I hope one day, wboy will be able to create a NOSE editor for sega cd. I think the online gaming community on this forum would benefit greatly from playing the sega cd version in their league play. It is much smoother gameplay, overall a better game.

Won't happen any time soon if ever ... and I'm not talking about NOSE support for Sega CD either...

Hey wboy, if you were able to remove the intro from the sega cd nhl94 version (video), would that give extra bytes (room) on the rom to edit full players names like in the genesis NOSE editor?

In short, no... or atleast most probably (read as 'definately') not....

you can get a sega cd system for next to nothing these days..

Thanks wboy!

how is sega cd not the popular choice? I played sega all my life and just started playing sega cd, and I prefer it. The game play is superior and the music tracks are much better.

• 8 months later...
Hey Guys, In the last little while I have had the benefit of playing NHL94 on Sega Cd. Donny was right, it is SUPERIOR to sega and snes gameplay.

Thanks, The online league looks wicked!

Its about time that more people have seen the light with regards to the Sega CD version. I am currently working on a Sega CD hack of NHL 94. I had stopped working on it due to a lack of interest, but Donny has talked me into resuming work on it, so look for it to be ready sometime between the trade deadline and start of the playoffs.

Thanks wboy!

how is sega cd not the popular choice? I played sega all my life and just started playing sega cd, and I prefer it. The game play is superior and the music tracks are much better.

It's good to see there are some people out there who actually have played it and realize how superior it is. We need more people like you soccer1!

• 2 weeks later...

someone needs to upload a video of the gameplay of the Sega CD version. all I could find was this intro recording (which is now my new favorite song!).

someone needs to upload a video of the gameplay of the Sega CD version. all I could find was this intro recording (which is now my new favorite song!).

It's something you have to play, a video may not be enough, grab the iso off the download section and check it out. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

It's something you have to play, a video may not be enough, grab the iso off the download section and check it out. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

I play consoles as I don't have my own computer. so whatever an iso is, I can't use it.