NHL'94 Forums

Draft Dis-continued

shaftman

Since everyone has their starting lines.

i think we are just going to fill in the rest of your teams spots with the best player available at your pick.

there are only 4 spots to fill.

if you have requests for certain scrubs you want to fill your bench. PM me with your list.

(not on aim, on the forums)

If there is a huge objection to this then we can continue with the draft..

although its taking forever.

All teams and their rosters will be posted.

Then we will start working on the rom.

hopfully that wont take more then a week or so.

I'm not sure if I agree with this idea. There are still 3 or 4 players I would really like to add to my team, and might even put in the starting lineup on occasion.

If we send in lists, can you still go through the lists in order, by round so that it's fair?

I think a good idea would be to have everyone send you a list by a deadline, say, 8:00pm tomorrow night. Then you go through the remaining rounds, in order, picking from the top of everyone's list down. I just don't want to miss out on a couple guys because you used someone else's list first and gave them 3 or 4 picks all at once.

a couple ideas:

- go by a GDL-style pre-set deadline system in the later rounds

- go by a Blitz-style "24 hours since x picks ago" - ie in the 4th round, you might want to get at least 4 picks per day, so the guy picking, say, 6th gets 24 hours to pick after the guy who picked 2nd. So, guys can give in 4 player lists if their pick is coming up

a couple ideas:

- go by a GDL-style pre-set deadline system in the later rounds

- go by a Blitz-style "24 hours since x picks ago" - ie in the 4th round, you might want to get at least 4 picks per day, so the guy picking, say, 6th gets 24 hours to pick after the guy who picked 2nd. So, guys can give in 4 player lists if their pick is coming up

I like the pre-set deadlines:

eg:

coach 1 9:00am

coach 2 12:00 pm

coach 3 3:00 pm

coach 4 6:00 pm

coach 5 7:00 pm

coach 6 7:30 pm

coach 7 8:00 pm

etc.

that way, if you see you wont be around at that time, you send a short list to someone, and they post your pick.

Fenty should have been skipped and there could have been several picks made during all of this.

I think we should stick to the 24 hour rule in place, maybe bring in a more rigorous schedule of picks, but regardless, I think we should stick to the draft format. It's what we all signed on for isn't it? If we are talking about this league being a multi-year commitment then the fact the the draft has taken two weeks instead of one shouldn't really matter. I think we should preserve the draft and be patient for the fun games to come.

Forgot to make this post...ok

Dangler and i want to get the season started and dont want the draft to drag on another week just to get bench warmers picked. (yes even tho some of you arent exactly looking for bench warmers)

so whats going to happen, is everyone must PM me/dangler their list of players before thursday Midnight Eastern time.

We will finish off the draft it will take minutes.

yes we will go in order, so its fair.

So basicly all this means is this:

your still going to get the SAME EXACT PICKS that you would of goten had we continued the draft.

the only difference is there will be no waiting hours on someone to make a post. it will be done very quickly.

we will post the picks you aquired based on your list. so you know who you got.

send us a list of the players your want in prority, so if your number 1 is already taken, we will go to number 2 on your list and so on..

We were hoping the draft would of went faster....yes we could skip poeple more often but we dont like it.

this is a quick easy solution and your picks wont be affected.

remember this doesnt change who you could of drafted

you still get the same picks!

Theres just no waiting factor for the last 4 rounds..

Also make your lists about 7 players long...only 4 picks left but who knows you could get unlucky and all your top picks are chosen!

OK I like the list idea, but the lists will need to be a lot longer than 7 players long considering there are 4 rounds left! All 7 of your picks could get taken in a single round! You need a list of like 40 or 50.

Also, Shaft or dangler will also have to take into consideration that each team needs 6F, 4D and 2G. eg: if a team already has 6F, you have to skip down the list to the next D or G on it. But Im sure you already knew that!

Thanks for doing this!

Forgot to make this post...ok

Dangler and i want to get the season started and dont want the draft to drag on another week just to get bench warmers picked. (yes even tho some of you arent exactly looking for bench warmers)

so whats going to happen, is everyone must PM me/dangler their list of players before thursday Midnight Eastern time.

We will finish off the draft it will take minutes.

yes we will go in order, so its fair.

So basicly all this means is this:

your still going to get the SAME EXACT PICKS that you would of goten had we continued the draft.

the only difference is there will be no waiting hours on someone to make a post. it will be done very quickly.

we will post the picks you aquired based on your list. so you know who you got.

send us a list of the players your want in prority, so if your number 1 is already taken, we will go to number 2 on your list and so on..

We were hoping the draft would of went faster....yes we could skip poeple more often but we dont like it.

this is a quick easy solution and your picks wont be affected.

remember this doesnt change who you could of drafted

you still get the same picks!

Theres just no waiting factor for the last 4 rounds..

Also make your lists about 7 players long...only 4 picks left but who knows you could get unlucky and all your top picks are chosen!

Nah, this is dumb, it's not the same. Let's say I give you a list of my picks, you might see someone that you haven't noticed before, and wonder why I selected him. Therefore, you investigate, figure out why I selected him, then tell me the player has already been picked. What's so difficult about skipping people? Is 24 hours not fair enough? It was very simple yesterday, let val pick because fenty lost his turn. Val would have made his pick, then it would've continued normally. What's the rush anyway? There's still cap games to finish. The season hasn't even started yet, and the commissioners already making bad decisions.

Nah, this is dumb, it's not the same. Let's say I give you a list of my picks, you might see someone that you haven't noticed before, and wonder why I selected him. Therefore, you investigate, figure out why I selected him, then tell me the player has already been picked. What's so difficult about skipping people? Is 24 hours not fair enough? It was very simple yesterday, let val pick because fenty lost his turn. Val would have made his pick, then it would've continued normally. What's the rush anyway? There's still cap games to finish. The season hasn't even started yet, and the commissioners already making bad decisions.

this statement is foolish because i can assure you we would conduct the draft in an honest manner, giving everyone the top player on their list when it came to them no matter who it was. and yes bobkudelski, we would draft the players to fill the roster of 6F 4 D 2G.

alright i will OK the skipping of fenty's pick so theval can choose now, we'll see how it goes... if the round continues to move very slowly, we WILL move to this list idea, no questions asked...

coaches are more than welcome to send us your picks and we can auto pick the player for you when your turn comes (if we're around because im back at work now).

hope this is ok with everyone, good luck with the drafting.