NHL'94 Forums

*Important* New Draft System!

shaftman

Alright people.

I know its summer, and i know we are all busy. but we have to finish this draft.

This is going to be simple. quick. and painless.

all coaches are going to PM me a list with the players they want, listed in priority. (number them please)

once you send me your list its set in stone.

it can not be changed.

For those of you who already sent me a list, you can send me another one and that can be your final list.

If you want me to stick with what you already gave me, dont send me anything.

If you wish to just have the best available player when its your turn, Let me know and the best player at the time of your pick will be picked

for the remainder of the draft.

so its either,

send me a list. OR you get who ever has highest overall when its your turn.

Some of you think that dangler and i want to cheat

by knowing what your picks are.

we can assure you we did not decide to run a league, so we can cheat.

we just want to play and have fun just like you guys.

to ensure we are not cheating:

Once we have everyones list it will be made public.

You might not like this idea.

but think about it.

Once everyones list are set, and everyone knows. there cant be any cheating.

You get who is at the top of your list. If that player is not available you get the second choice on your list. Etc.

The Coach before you can not steal your pick from seeing your list, because he gets whats on his list. He can only steal your pick if the player available was already on his list.

Which would of happened if the lists were public, private, or if we continued the draft.

You see how it makes no difference?

But with everyones list public, all coaches involved can moniter the draft.

The picks will go in order.

So you can just go through the lists, and probably figure out which coach gets what player before we even post it.

If you find we made a mistake with the draft and selecting wrong players from peoples lists, you can call us out on it.

I will take the best available player for my remaining picks. So by seeing your lists it will not affect my picks, i can not cheat.

Dangler will not see the lists, he will sent me a list of his picks. So he can not cheat either.

( i have not spoken to him he might want best available player as well)

I hope this is all clear. If not, talk to me we can clear up whatever confusion you have.

Send me your lists.

The deadline is Tuesday morning 7 am Eastern Time.

You have roughly 2 days.

If you don't send a list i will assume you want the best available player for your remaining picks.

If i get all the lists right away, the results may be posted before Tuesday

Good Luck!

P.S

I like how Smozoma has been keeping tabs on us.

Im gonna have to take a peek at the Blitz League :)

If people have problems picking players, just imagine when the season begins, games won't be played, it's going to be another snoozer like the classic season. Unreliable schmucks. I'll give my list, but I already know what's going to happen.

One other question: when someone requests best available player, how will you decide between two or more players with the same overall rating? This was the benefit of the old draft system, that we were able to decide between two players with the same overall rating who nevertheless differed in individual attributes. I may want the faster of the two players or the one with the best passing, but you might just decide to give me the player who happens to have better defensive awareness or the best checking...i don't like it.

One other question: when someone requests best available player, how will you decide between two or more players with the same overall rating? This was the benefit of the old draft system, that we were able to decide between two players with the same overall rating who nevertheless differed in individual attributes. I may want the faster of the two players or the one with the best passing, but you might just decide to give me the player who happens to have better defensive awareness or the best checking...i don't like it.

i'd imagine that if multiple players had the same rating, it will be randomized which one you get..... or perhaps you will be given the one which comes first in the excel sheet we have provided.... if you are unhappy with this method, you better rank your players in order that you would like them then.... and to answer your other question, yes the draft will continue in the order it was going in round 8, then return to the regular order for round 9.

Lmao, exactly, kills the strategy of the draft, All I know was that 24 hours was way too generous, and it should have been at least 2 hours. Anyway, my list is complete so I'm done with the draft.

Alright i only have 4 lists. Master you didnt send me a list..?

Also the season wont be a snoozer. I doubt it. People will wake up.

The draft just took too long and got boring.. The coaches that have been selected for this league have been chosen based on their history of activity.

No one in the SNES Draft League has a history of ever ditching a season.

If they ditch this one it will be their first.

Once things get rolling everyone will be around and playing their games. Fret not

Im still accepting lists...

Im hitting the hay early tonight. Ill probably finish the draft in the morning.