NHL'94 Forums

REFERENCE: New NHLPA '93 Game Genie codes

Tony H

Not sure if anyone here uses Game Genie codes or not.

These are fresh from the oven...

NHLPA Hockey '93 (Genesis)

NOTE: These codes have only been tested on version "REV01".

RH7T-R60E

Master Code (use this code if you get a blank screen).

A4JT-AA7E

The puck will always stay on the ice (when shooting). This code

prevents the puck from getting airborne when shooting.

AJKT-CA5R

Infinite energy bars (the 3 energy bars that show up when you have

line changes "on"). Players will never get tired.

JMLA-AAHC

Players get tired twice as fast (when line changes are "on").

AVXA-AAFR

Energy bars only recharge half as fast when your players are resting.

CKXA-AAFR

Energy bars recharge twice as fast when your players are resting.

DPXA-AAFR

Energy bars recharge 3x as fast when your players are resting.

Thanks as always Tony. Gonna try that no airborne puck one. No pucks over the glass sounds nice.

EDIT: It sucks - the shots are sooooo weak.

Thanks for letting me know Mack. I've never really played the game before, so I didn't notice the shots were weak. I'll see if I can fix that.

Sorry, I wasn't being a jerk when I said that, just pointing it out. I was hoping it would be better than what it was.

I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm guessing that there's a "friction" value that's being used to make the puck go slower when it's on the ice (as compared to when it's in the air). I thought I had tracked it down, but it appears that it's a sub routine that effects players speed, as well as the puck speed. I made a code that makes all the players skate really fast, but not really useful (just fun to watch).

It would be a lot easier to find the code if all the other players were gone. Is it possible (with a ROM hack) to eliminate everyone on the rink except myself?

One other question... When you press the "C" button to shoot (trying to make a goal), can you change the power of the shot by just tapping the button as compared to holding the button down?

I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm guessing that there's a "friction" value that's being used to make the puck go slower when it's on the ice (as compared to when it's in the air). I thought I had tracked it down, but it appears that it's a sub routine that effects players speed, as well as the puck speed. I made a code that makes all the players skate really fast, but not really useful (just fun to watch).

It would be a lot easier to find the code if all the other players were gone. Is it possible (with a ROM hack) to eliminate everyone on the rink except myself?

One other question... When you press the "C" button to shoot (trying to make a goal), can you change the power of the shot by just tapping the button as compared to holding the button down?

nice to see your back Tony researching the nhl roms a little more!

can you please post info re: speeding up the players... it may help point to values that globally control all the attributes players have... then again, it may not, depends on how the game is coded... would love to check it out though...

re: your C button question, yes, I'm pretty sure longer you hold, the bigger/longer the wind up, thus power you get from your shot. Note, the power can be greatly affected by a players attributes....

nice to see your back Tony researching the nhl roms a little more!

can you please post info re: speeding up the players... it may help point to values that globally control all the attributes players have... then again, it may not, depends on how the game is coded... would love to check it out though...

re: your C button question, yes, I'm pretty sure longer you hold, the bigger/longer the wind up, thus power you get from your shot. Note, the power can be greatly affected by a players attributes....

wboy, it's good to hear from you. I was recently reading through some of the emails we sent each other when we were working on the NHL '94 stuff. We really hacked the hell out of that ROM.

As far as the info on speeding up the players... I not sure yet if the info I found would be useful. I was actually looking for puck speed info, and stumbled across the other stuff. I haven't had time to investigate.

Here is the ROM address/Game Genie code that makes the players skate faster going from left to right/right to left...

$00914A:D16B = PRJT-BDWL

The original instruction was 916B which is: SUB.w D0,$0028(A3).

I changed it to D16B, although I'm not sure if that's the right replacement instruction (my 68k assembly is pretty rusty these days).

It's kinda fun to watch because most of the players skate so fast that they slam into the walls.

I also have a code for skating faster from bottom to top/top to bottom, but it's pretty glitchy...

$00915E:D16B = PRJT-BDW8

As I mentioned, I haven't done any playing around with that info. I just changed the SUB.w instruction to an ADD.w instruction to see if I was in the ball park. I've been concentrating on figuring out how to speed up the puck.

I have an assembly trace if you want it.