NHL'94 Forums

KG School of Hockey BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

kgman

all the T's were crossed and I's dottted Matt hurray has agreed to jump aboard the bandwagon that is the KG school of Hockey ......his sessions will be grueling and will weed out the weak b4 Kg gets his hands on them ....As Defensive coach Matt will go over how do make a game as boring as ever lulling ur opppnents to sleep and then going for the win!!

I will also like to congradulate Jrod for passing the KG school of Hockey.... as the first member to pass im sure he will represent the school well he will conduct clinques on offensive team management he has proved to Be very talented at scoring with the C and B buttons .......whoever wants to be involved with the school needs to make all applications here where the merits of their request will be analyzied and voted on by the members of secret council!!

Do you get excited at the thought of high scoring fun and gun NHL94 games? Do you enjoy a crisp tape to tape passes? Do 1-2-3 one-timers and triple deke breakaways make you tingle? If you have answered yes to any of the following, you are damned!

Yes! Let it be known that after the blood dried on the contract, my soul is officially the property of KGMan, King of the NHL94 Universe!

As Defensive Coach, my job is to ensure the death of fun. As soon as you sign up for the KGMan NHL94 training camp, you will be locked in a shed with only a 13 inch black and white TV, a Soviet imported Sega Mega Drive, a NHL94 cartridge that works half the time (bring your own hairdryers), and your choice of hundreds of controllers physically assaulted by hokkeeman.

After weeks of grueling and intensive training, your opponents will be shooting less than 10 times a game, and you will be painting the A back onto your controller every other day. Do you have what it takes to pass onto the next level of training? Or will you be letting up 5 goals a game in the Gens C league? Your fate awaits...

all the T's were crossed and I's dottted Matt hurray has agreed to jump aboard the bandwagon that is the KG school of Hockey ......his sessions will be grueling and will weed out the weak b4 Kg gets his hands on them ....As Defensive coach Matt will go over how do make a game as boring as ever lulling ur opppnents to sleep and then going for the win!!

I will also like to congradulate Jrod for passing the KG school of Hockey.... as the first member to pass im sure he will represent the school well he will conduct clinques on offensive team management he has proved to Be very talented at scoring with the C and B buttons .......whoever wants to be involved with the school needs to make all applications here where the merits of their request will be analyzied and voted on by the members of secret council!!

Think I should be Defensive coach instead of Matt, considering I have the lowest GAA in GDL, among active 94 players. Also, I dont draft Roy/Belfour to keep my GAA down(like someone).

I started drafting lightweights with less ability in GDL. Made Don Sweeney and Brian Bradley, 1st round draft picks after going 3rd and 2nd round respectively.

Call me king of the lightweights on D, with my amazing checking ability. Everyone fears when I use Brain Bradley or Don Sweeney and are lucky I resigned from GDL in Season 4.

Think I should be Defensive coach instead of Matt, considering I have the lowest GAA in GDL, among active 94 players. Also, I dont draft Roy/Belfour to keep my GAA down(like someone).

I started drafting lightweights with less ability in GDL. Made Don Sweeney and Brian Bradley, 1st round draft picks after going 3rd and 2nd round respectively.

Call me king of the lightweights on D, with my amazing checking ability. Everyone fears when I use Brain Bradley or Don Sweeney and are lucky I resigned from GDL in Season 4.

Ah, it is unfortunate that we cannot rely on such stats as GAA. Mine are clearly affected by GDL 2 results, when I entered rehab for an addiction to narcotics and habitual Judge Judy watchings. Take out those statistical outliers.... and I clearly am the most dominating defensive force since 1994, the year of our lord.

It is also testimony that I have dealt with the ineptitudes of James Patrick and Gord Murphy to provide my D. Had I Don Sweeney on my roster, then I doubt I would have let up a single goal.

I fully agree with Matt, he will lull an opponent to sleep like no other with his defensive skills.

You both play similar though, gotta love the NO FORECHECK strategy. Ok I actually really hate that.

I only had DS, for S1 and S4(which I didnt complete), so obviously I dont depend on him to keep goals out, unlike Matt, who depends on the highest rated goalies in 94.

If drafting Patrick Roy is a cheap strategy to gaining defensive stardom, then call me Frugal McChintzy.

but you dont need any skills on d, when Roy or Belfour is in your net :lol:

You don't need a well-rounded defensive approach when you can rely on light-weight players to apply measly body checks all game.

Marty McSorley would not fare well on a gr81 coached team, but he would thrive on a Matt Hurray coached team!

my lightweight guys average OV is usually in the mid to high 60s. try and put together that type of team and make the playoffs. I did it in GDL3.

also, prove that you can do well with McSorley, Id love to see that :lol:

No offense to Jrod, but i think im far more qualified to be the offensive guru in the KG school of hockey (plus i gave it a free plug in my GDL forum).

I did lead the classic league in offense after all with Tampa Bay, that should be the only thing i need on my resume, but ill supply you with more just for good measure.

-Lead the league in goals in GDL 1 and 3, placed 2nd in GDL 2 and 4

-6.34 GFA, tops in GDL history

- 1402 regular season goals, nearly 300 more than my nearest competitor

- 41.86% shooting percentage is 2nd all time

- Had Sandstrom place 2nd in GDL 2 and 3 in individual scoring

- Kovalenko placed 3rd in GDL 4, with a mere rating of 69

- Turned Pierre Turgeon and Jimmy Carson into the 4th and 7th leading scorers in GDL 1

- 144 points with Terry Yake in GDL 2

- 18 goals and 21 points in a single game with Sandstrom

- 12 assists in a single game with Hawerchuk, the single game record by far

- Currently have 3 of the top 5 leading scorers in FVHL

- Hold the record for GENS A classic league goals in a season with Detroit

- Turned Hawerchuk into the most prolific passer in GDL history (i didnt have face off wins to pavel bure to rack up assists, i earned them the old fashioned way)

- Master of several different forms of offense including the half wall, gretzky's office, the slapshot, cross crease one timers, backhand floaters and deceiving manual GC

-And finally...a 7 assist game with Steve Kasper...Steve Freaking Kasper.

my lightweight guys average OV is usually in the mid to high 60s. try and put together that type of team and make the playoffs. I did it in GDL3.

also, prove that you can do well with McSorley, Id love to see that :lol:

Folks, if we continue to drink the gr81's kool-aid, and buy into his flashy talks, we will be led down the road to High-GAA city, population - 20 shots per game allowed.

We should require substance and action from a man! These are reasons why KGMan chose me as defensive coach.

Is there any higher accolade than having KGMan hand pick you?

well it wouldnt be right for me to shut up in this one hehe....for the king kg ...i think him and i always play very close gms in the 10 gms we have played because he never will play me and he always has an excuse but in other subjects i think matt has a really slow pace which he gets u late in gms but i never excpect to lose to him but he always gets 1 out of 2 with me with his d ,and thegr is i never excpect to lose to him either but his d gets him 1 out of 2 with me as well.as for AJ he is unstoppable for me anyways and has a very wicked offence but jrod is by far the most improved guy....i used to not worry about him for awhile but this last season he has performed very damn good and has owned me many nights as one of my favorite guys who always plays when asked unlike some assholes>(kgman) :lol:

kg would of picked me instead, but I wasnt available at the time.

People PEOPLE this was not meant as debate I have reasons for choosing Matt as Defensive coach and both of you are highly qualified but Matt has more patience and showed over time as he has dealt with my bullshit over the years in the most classy way. He has also made me fall asleep couple times during games he has showed that qualities and values that Kg upholds LOL! As for AJ yes you are the highest scorer but I think you would undermine the School in your own Backhanded way and try to start your own School of hockey ....Jrod has gone thru the training sessions and is familar with the regiment so he is the obvious choice for offensive coach ......im still lookin for Goalie Coach so your more than welcome to make your case but KG School has signed Matt to long term lucrative contract! .....Jesus has also been consulted for the artictecture and design tlents for the training facility mopre details to follow!

People PEOPLE this was not meant as debate I have reasons for choosing Matt as Defensive coach and both of you are highly qualified but Matt has more patience and showed over time as he has dealt with my bullshit over the years in the most classy way. He has also made me fall asleep couple times during games he has showed that qualities and values that Kg upholds LOL! As for AJ yes you are the highest scorer but I think you would undermine the School in your own Backhanded way and try to start your own School of hockey ....Jrod has gone thru the training sessions and is familar with the regiment so he is the obvious choice for offensive coach ......im still lookin for Goalie Coach so your more than welcome to make your case but KG School has signed Matt to long term lucrative contract! .....Jesus has also been consulted for the artictecture and design tlents for the training facility mopre details to follow!

icestorm is the best manual goalie that alot of us have faced and jesus is jesus

oh and kgman i dont mean to sound like your favorite hater but i actually got along with u really good then i didnt chat much after awhile then the next time i tried chatting you turned into a dick so ...whatever but when i come back online maybe we actually play some series once in awhile for fun without the 1 gm cocky bullshit.

actually kg if its possible could we meet up one day and hold hands and run through fields of daisies hehe or tiptoe through the tulips

If u mean walk thru a field of broken joysticks then im down ......and about not playing everytime u asked dude u asked me to play everyday and i figured if didnt give in to your consistant nagging u might stop asking me im sorry if I hurt your feelings Hokkee:)

I myself will never sell my soul to the devil....I mean KGMAN. I cant believe Jrod even attended a single lesson...

I thought Jrod would be the last one to sell out.... :shocked:

No "selling out" here, Sebe. I am honored/priveleged to be the first graduate of the elite school of KG.

As head of Offensive Team Management(OTM) I will uphold the standards i learned during my grueling training with KG.

My students will learn the devastating art of run and gun offense, while maintaining defensive responsibility. Through a series of intensive clinics, students will become proficient in many forms of offense, including(but not limited to): floater/rebound shots, give-and-go one timers, and pass shots.

As for AJ, i'm sorry you don't agree with me being chosen as OTM boss, but the champ has spoken.

On a side note, i would strongly recommend icestorm for Goalie Coach for the school. If he can make Kelly Hrudey look like a wall, he must know what he's doing.

As for AJ yes you are the highest scorer but I think you would undermine the School in your own Backhanded way and try to start your own School of hockey.

You forget, i was the one who reminded you of the KG school of hockey, why would i undermine something i could have just let die off and replace it with my own school? seems kind of silly.

Also, i forgot to mention that I lead the SNES nostalgia league in GFA in my rookie season, my offensive prowress expands over two systems. Who else can claim that?

Ill be able to teach guys how to turn Brian Skrudland into a weapon of mass destruction, not Teemu Selanne, now thats valuable learning.

No "selling out" here, Sebe. I am honored/priveleged to be the first graduate of the elite school of KG.

As head of Offensive Team Management(OTM) I will uphold the standards i learned during my grueling training with KG.

My students will learn the devastating art of run and gun offense, while maintaining defensive responsibility. Through a series of intensive clinics, students will become proficient in many forms of offense, including(but not limited to): floater/rebound shots, give-and-go one timers, and pass shots.

As for AJ, i'm sorry you don't agree with me being chosen as OTM boss, but the champ has spoken.

On a side note, i would strongly recommend icestorm for Goalie Coach for the school. If he can make Kelly Hrudey look like a wall, he must know what he's doing.

Im not sure if anyone else sees it but that response sounded scripted... lol. I think we are dealing with kgmans school of brainwashing techniques.. Jrod you are totally brainwashed.... its sad really sad....... :shocked:

also, prove that you can do well with McSorley, Id love to see that :)

After a long lengthy discussion with the Bassenator himself ....we discussed biggest concussion he ever had and Bassen said Brian Bradley was the hardest hit and Gr8 one was resposible for that blow........KG school cant deny the gr8's ability to keep the score down and His ever so impressive PK % so after a lengthy negotion with Gr8's agent Tickenest we have come to settlement and have signed Gr8 one to be Special Teams coach for the next 3 years! also he share his secrets with the school on how to finish a chk (elbows up!) The KG school is proud to welcome the Gr81 to the behemian grove ....i mean the school hockey!