NHL'94 Forums

SNES Editor

statto

Thanks to wboy's code 'teaching' me how to push pixels and some spot programming, I've created the SNES NHL 94 Editor.

Right now you can edit:

Teams : Names/Nicknames/Abbreviations/Stadium Name

Players : Names/Numbers/Stats

Lines

Playoff Matchups

Uniforms : Home/Away

Startup Menu

Banners : Colors and Names

Most Recent Version: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry65578

Let me know of any problems you experience. Don't overwrite your old ROMs just yet! I'm sure there are bugs.

SQUASHED: Made jersey editing easier and less likely for 'bleeding' (a home sleeve being saved an as away sleeve, for instance).

One interesting thing is I can't open my old hack with this.

Still very cool man. Keep 'er going.

I'll try to find your own rom. There's a lot of bytes hard coded in there so I can't figure out why it wouldn't work.

Currently finishing up banners, they appear to work just fine but I'm currently hard coding all the bytes in which is being quite time consuming.

Wow.. Amazing. I had no idea you could select from such a wide variety of colors (for jerseys and banners), I thought you were limited to... Well, let's just say I thought that what that old editor showed, that was what you were limited to. No need to use that old crap anymore. :) Awesome work, statto! Too bad I've stopped all NHL 94 usage! B) I keep an eye out here however. I bet Halifax will go through the roof when he sees this! :)

Wow.. Amazing. I had no idea you could select from such a wide variety of colors (for jerseys and banners), I thought you were limited to... Well, let's just say I thought that what that old editor showed, that was what you were limited to. No need to use that old crap anymore. :) Awesome work, statto! Too bad I've stopped all NHL 94 usage! B) I keep an eye out here however. I bet Halifax will go through the roof when he sees this! :)

Thanks for providing all those offsets. You saved me hours worth of work with statistics and menus and such.

I'm thinking of a seven letter phrase, and it rhymes with kick ass.

By the same token the other half finally have their own editor; welcome to the front of the bus 1 men.

But this means it may be time to segregate the editing forum, for obvious reasons.

1If you find that statement racially motivated you are probably a racist, and could be Billy Jeans lover.

Excellent progress in such short time! Enjoy as it consumes your life and kills most of your free time!

Get basics out first... then when ready I can explain things like free bytes etc and how I store them to see if its compatible to the SNES ver....

From what I've previously read (if my memory serves me correctly) its a lot harder to expand a SNES rom vs a genesis rom...

• 2 years later...

start with a new clean USA-regioned ROM and use the newer editor:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11993