NHL'94 Forums

Funny bug I just had in 95

mack

So I am chasing Bednar down from behind and I whack him and I get a delayed penalty, he winds up and fires a slapper and scores. I thought oh well at least no penalty now. Penalty no, Penalty shot yes. They get a goal and now a penalty shot. I stopped the penalty shot but I don't think I have ever had that one before. Cheers.

That's great!

There was a game once when I was playing 2 on 2 with a few friends on the genesis 94. A whilstle stopped play, someone shot the puck into the net after the whistle, the puck sat on the crease for a second and then it went in and counted as a goal.

I don't really see these kinds of things happen with other games. Another reason these games are so much fun.

-Evan

• 1 month later...

I have seen a few different glitches over the years in NHL95. I think alot of them happened due to the hundreds of trades I would do on the cart. Sometimes an extra player with the number 0 would appear. His name was always Guy Hebert. I have had 2 goalies in the net at the same time. I wasn't able to control either of them. They kind of formed a V in the net. It was pretty funny to see! Once(and only once) I was able to get unlimited space on the free agent list. It was helpful when trying to setup 20 different teams. I have had players disappear. Once in awhile while I am manual controlling my goalie I have had one of my other players get control of the puck and the computer would take control of hom and skate down the ice to try and score.

• 1 year later...
There was a game once when I was playing 2 on 2 with a few friends on the genesis 94. A whilstle stopped play, someone shot the puck into the net after the whistle, the puck sat on the crease for a second and then it went in and counted as a goal.

I don't really see these kinds of things happen with other games. Another reason these games are so much fun.

That's EXACTLY what happened to me on NHL 94!

I had a delayed penalty call and when I touched the puck I was in front of the oppositions net so the ref blew the whistle. But then I shot for no particular reason, and it waited on the line for about half a second, then it went it!

Just like Evan said: these kinds of things make most of the old NHL games so fun.

back when i actually owned 95

i was playing a season... got through like 70 games... i was in first place with the rangers, and then out of nowhere i went from being listed 1st in the division to last... i never figured out why that happened (and no it wasnt b/c i was behind in points) lol

but i finished the season and didnt make the playoffs b/c of the glitch...

i got turned off from the game quickly after that...

back when i actually owned 95

i was playing a season... got through like 70 games... i was in first place with the rangers, and then out of nowhere i went from being listed 1st in the division to last... i never figured out why that happened (and no it wasnt b/c i was behind in points) lol

but i finished the season and didnt make the playoffs b/c of the glitch...

i got turned off from the game quickly after that...

Yeah it is like 128 or 130 pt glitch that brings you to the bottom of the standings. Not a good glitch to have.

Still love 95 though.