NHL'94 Forums

Editing Player 4's Indicator

I recently tried applying the Circular Player Indicator hack to my ROM, but I'm running into a problem. I frequently play 2v2 games with my friends over Netplay, but when I tested the indicators, the fourth player (yellow) still has a star instead of a circle. However, when he touches the puck the blue circle indicating possession appears inside the star, which just looks like a big mess.

Players 1, 2, and 3 are fine. If player 4 still has a star then it must be stored somewhere in the ROM, right? Has anyone ran into this problem before and found a fix for it?

Sorry for all the posts in such a short time. I'm relatively new at this and need all the help I can get.

Cheers.

The last skater cursor resides at the end of the sprite tiles. You can find the offsets for them, and the rest of the sprites in my stick tape patch thread.

I hope you frequently play 2on2 more frequently, it does a body good, and the ranks are thinning.

The last skater cursor resides at the end of the sprite tiles. You can find the offsets for them, and the rest of the sprites in my stick tape patch thread.

I hope you frequently play 2on2 more frequently, it does a body good, and the ranks are thinning.

Thanks a lot for all your help man. I appreciate it B)

I'm polling the guys in my league now to see if they prefer the star or the circle. I'm still kind of torn myself. I do like the star but the circle's simplicity intrigues me.