NHL'94 Forums

LEAGUE UPDATE

sungod661

I am faced with some tough decisions guys and i need some guidance.

Only free agency remains with most teams having 2/3 of there respective rosters filed.

there is also the matter of getting the new database up and making the schedule.

that being said i am dealing with some personal issues that clearly will not be resolved anytime soon. Unfortunately for me real life has made it that i can not give the time nedded eo do what is left to do.

i have decided that after the month of febuary ( the domaine and hosting is finished) i will not renew either. The simple fact i do not have the time to run the league and i need to begin to restructure my personal expenditures.

the hosting and domaine are paid untill march 1 st 2009 . there is ample time to play another season and for someone to take over.

like i said there is not much left to do free agency , database (smoz should help with that and make the schedule).

i wish i could continue to support the community and provide the league with stability but i am faced with a difficult personal situation and i dont want to embark in something i will not be able to finish.

My personal situation has made me rflect on many things and question many other things. It is a very difficult time for me and i cannot continue to run a online nhl94 league. I can help but i cannot run it.

my question to you is do we shut this down here and hope my life gets back on track in a couple of months or does someone want to take the reigns?

keep in miond it is the summer and we could wait things out and see how my situation goes. However i must admit the outlook is bleek and i have had to give up 5 months of training for the ironman so i doubt that internet hockey will come to the forefrunt if and when i eventually am able to get life to normal.

the ball is in your court guys tell me what to do. its our league its your decision

Firstly I would like to commend Sun for his diligence and honesty regarding the Dynasty league. Facing personal issues myself i can certainly relate to what he is going through to some extent. The dynasty league is one of the best run leagues and it would be a travesty to see it end. I myself cannot take over responsibility, however I know that our community is filled with motivated, hard working ppl. I am certain that the list of volunteers will be endless.

Prove me right guys and save the dynasty league...

I feel like I need to put a couple of cents in here...

I don't know all of the rules and GM issues that go into Dynasty. However, the concept of a draft league is tough, but the dynasty league can be an even tougher one to just get up and get into. Both playing games and managing your team (not just a draft, but management) can be very time-consuming and difficult. Effectively playing GM, Coach, and Player is not something I am particularly interested in, and I'm sure that there is a large segment of the community that agrees with me - in a league or leagues where just finding people and scheduling games is half of the battle (as most leagues are), it's a bit of a downer when your team's not up to snuff, or you have a great GM mind but your NHL94 skills aren't so good.

We've got a lot of leagues that have popped up recently, and the major complaint from a lot of people is "too many leagues." While it would be a shame to see one die, it's not the first time, and this one requires a LOT of administration to actually work. So, if nobody steps up, I'd advise you to let it go, sungod...it sounds like a lot more work for you than it is fun at this point.

I love this league even though I have no hockey knowledge. I never watched hockey growing up so I am clueless on the players but it does not matter I still love playing in this league. I also do not have the rom editing skills to do any of the work. The only thing I can offer is to help pay for hosting/domain fees. Please let me know if that would help.

Team LeifErikson

Great work thus far Sun.

Sun I hope things get back on track in your personal life. I've thoroughly enjoyed the league to date also. I think we have a solid core of coaches who would hate to see this league fall by the wayside.

I'd like to volunteer ROM editing help if needed. I have a little one on the way in a month so my time will be at a premium but I should be able to squeeze in some time to make things work. My skills are limited to editing rosters/lineups etc.

Also, I'd be willing to chip in a little for the site renewal.

Why dont you guys consider COMBINING Dynasty and FVHL?

Theyre very similiar leagues and Shifty does great work on the website. Just find a way to make it so Dynasty runs on the FVHL domain.

Im sure this is probally the best solution in all of this because Dynasty has a great group of coaches and FVHL just needs more attention in running the site.

Why dont you guys consider COMBINING Dynasty and FVHL?

Theyre very similiar leagues and Shifty does great work on the website. Just find a way to make it so Dynasty runs on the FVHL domain.

Im sure this is probally the best solution in all of this because Dynasty has a great group of coaches and FVHL just needs more attention in running the site.

That's not a bad idea - just don't misplace the 2-point conversion for the next 25 years :)

• 5 weeks later...
I love this league even though I have no hockey knowledge. I never watched hockey growing up so I am clueless on the players but it does not matter I still love playing in this league. I also do not have the rom editing skills to do any of the work. The only thing I can offer is to help pay for hosting/domain fees. Please let me know if that would help.

Team LeifErikson

Great work thus far Sun.

I can also help out with the domain fees when the time comes...not at all in favour of a merger with fvhl, but duno whats going to be happening in either league.

good luck sun with your situation.

• 2 months later...

dont even bother restarting dynasty sungod...theres too much s**t going on already and alot of guys have trouble playing their games in other lgs...the dedication has dropped around here and people take lgs for granted ...so just let people starve for awhile

dont even bother restarting dynasty sungod...theres too much s**t going on already and alot of guys have trouble playing their games in other lgs...the dedication has dropped around here and people take lgs for granted ...so just let people starve for awhile

Many things ar are the cause of this. A.J single handedly alienated guys who were great players and wanted just to make the community grow. the other issue is that no one has stood up to his shanagians and quit the gdl. instead everybody kept there vested intrests. Having been through personal hell in the last 6 months i can say that nhl94 is the least of my worries but it's sad that guys didnt have the balls to do what was right and decided to go along with what they BELIEVED to be there best intrests. There is no debating that AngryJay is good player maybe the best but his lack of diplomacy has cost the community severly. Personal feelings aside i will say this about angryjay he UNLIKE MANY OF YOU has put a little back into the community. As i know running a league is no easy task and takes time and dedication. Wether or not he has done a good job is very debatable but to be fair it not fair to put the blame on angryjay for the lack of dedication . the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of those who continue to take and dont give back.

I like you hokkee i think you are a great guy funny and very clever but the fact is i have never seen you contribute anything other then play your game ( which some guys dont even do). The community is headed to a dismal end where it will be a footnote in videogame history all becasue no one supported the REAL HALL OF FAMERS EVAN, DADONCH , DIMTRY AND SMOZOMA. they are the true ambassadors and NOT one league would exist if was not for them.

it's easy to complain and very hard to do something....maybe it's time we stoped complaing and got together and fixed this thing......stay on topic

Edited by sungod661