NHL'94 Forums

SNES Editor v0.6

statto

You can now download the newest edition of the SNES Editor: (in another thread after 85 downloads)

Changes:

Can edit NY Islanders/NY Rangers team menu names

Bug fixed with adding forwards/defenders

More flexibility adding forwards/defenders

Team by Team 'juicer'

Ability to edit number of selectable playoff teams

Ability to edit number of teams displayed in the menu

Auto-Banner

For the future:

Adding/removing players from a team

Ability to change the number of goalies in a team (currently hard coded; I don't know how to do this)

Fixing up player editor

Editing Clocks

Please enjoy.

SNESv060.zip

Edited by statto

Editing number of goalies is simple. Although, when I tried explaining it to Halifax, well I dunno if it got through, but I'll give it a shot. *looks through notes*

I.e. Anaheim's number of goalies are defined at (decimal) offset 945506 + 945507 (I think it's the four bytes just before the lines start, or something like that, around the team overall and all that).

Two bytes = 4 digits.. Any of those digits that's not a zero is +1 goalie.

1100 = two goalies

4C00 = two goalies

1230 = three goalies

B000 = one goalie

I bet you'll understand, or at least figure it out. Or just look at a guide for Genesis, it's the same. Only they use just 9's and 0's (if I recall correctly), while SNES uses the range 1-F for each goalie (for some reason, been speculating if it could be an additional stat or something).

Offset	Def.	Hex	Sec
5 min	F9D2E	5 min	2C01	300
10 min	F9D30	10 min	5802	600
20 min	F9D32	20 min	B004	1200
OT		FC8A2	5 min	2C01	300
SO		??

My notes regarding the clock (maybe you know it all already, but anyway). I didn't explore it a lot. And obviously those offsets are in hex

Editing number of goalies is simple. Although, when I tried explaining it to Halifax, well I dunno if it got through, but I'll give it a shot. *looks through notes*

I.e. Anaheim's number of goalies are defined at (decimal) offset 945506 + 945507 (I think it's the four bytes just before the lines start, or something like that, around the team overall and all that).

Two bytes = 4 digits.. Any of those digits that's not a zero is +1 goalie.

1100 = two goalies

4C00 = two goalies

1230 = three goalies

B000 = one goalie

I bet you'll understand, or at least figure it out. Or just look at a guide for Genesis, it's the same. Only they use just 9's and 0's (if I recall correctly), while SNES uses the range 1-F for each goalie (for some reason, been speculating if it could be an additional stat or something).

This is why you're thanked on the front page. Thanks. I'll take a look, should have a new version out soon. I knew the clock stuff, just haven't gotten around to editing it.

xstioph, did you find a way to change the clock around so that it ticked off real-time or in seconds (like 300, for the current 5:00 period)?

Well the clock is in seconds right now, so it has to be in some other part of the code.

Can you make a rom with no logos?

You mean covering up the logos in the menu? There's a centre ice palette somewhere in the game where you can 'white out' the logos.

• 2 months later...

Hey hey. I finally got some urge to do some rom editing last night and for the first time really tried out this editor! Can safely say it saved a looooot of time! ^_^

However I have some ideas/requests B)

When you edit jerseys, it would be super nice to have a "copy color" (R+G+B) button or something like that, so if you wanna use the same color on some other part you can just press another button. And maybe have an "editbox" (replacing the "label" all together maybe) next to the "scrollbar" where you can enter a value manually, that would be sweet.

Oh, and one more thing. Would be very useful/practical if the color (or part of the jersey, those boxes you know) selected would get a border, or in some way showing which one's selected.

Thanks for a very very useful tool, statto!

No, it's not.

The numbers I am talking about are in base-16, for time of periods. They appear as "012C" or "0258" in GENS (300 and 600), which is technically correct for base-16 (or any other numbering system). In SNES it appears as 2C01, which would be 11,265.

• 1 year later...
Awesome bit of software, statto! I just found the web site earlier this week.

Is it possible to alter the number of letters in a team name or nickname? I would love to "move" the Dallas Stars back to Minnesota.

try the newer version 0.71

i know you can make team names shorter... not sure if this editor lets you make them longer at this point.

maybe this thread should be closed and have a link to the new thread posted in the first message...

statto, if you want to remove the existing attachment, you can click on the attachments dropdown list and click the icon with the X on it (when in the full editor).

Edited by smozoma