NHL'94 Forums

SNES - Editing Banner Text

statto

The editor's hard programmed when it comes to editing banner text.

However there is a way to do it yourself.

Right before the banner text there is a lookup field denoting the byte of the start of the banner text.

For instance, get the byte at which 'Quebec' starts. Make 'Quebec' into 'Colorado' (8 letters long). Remove two other bytes (probably the periods in All Stars E. and W.). Recalculate the lookup field after the Quebec byte by adding 2 to all the non-96 or 97 numbers after the Quebec byte.

There's some bug here that I haven't quite fixed but this should work.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone tried to use numbers in the banner text? I tried to include a number in the banner text -- at the beginning or end of the banner text name -- but the game crashes when I try to go to the player selection screen. This is quite interesting...

I have tried this using both Statto's editor and a hex editor.

Edited by northstar91

That seems reasonable, statto. I find it amusing because the banners with numbers appear fine when selecting a team in the menu; it's only when you choose 1+ for a game and press start. Again, this is not a huge deal, just something interesting I found while experimenting with the rom.