NHL'94 Forums

NHL 09- Out Today

Seriously.. Those kind of things suck beyond reality.. :lol: The good ol' NHL 2001 which I've played a looooot had this "HOT" and "COLD" system... And the same odd things happened there (where a player could get like a hat-trick or something and then end up being "COLD" the next game, which in that game resulted in loss of power shots and power hits etc, stats in general). But it's obviously a hell of a lot more noticeable in "Be a Pro", sigh..

That's a thing that can really bring one down... So you actually got pulled down from the first line directly to AHL? That's just messed up. :)

Didn't go all the way down to the AHL lol. Just to second line, still obnoxious though got moved back up in 5 games. I think a cool add-on to this mode would be an audible option like in football games to call for a certain player to find some open space. For example Brad Richards is always covered in the slot but if I could call for him to drop back a bit he'd be wide open.

Started up a new be a pro as a defenseman and I'm having a blast. In 11 games I have 18 points (6 goals, 12 assists) with Tampa's AHL team. I find the overhead camera works great for defense, on both ends of the ice. EA really nailed it this year, I won't be setting this one down for a long time.

Didn't go all the way down to the AHL lol. Just to second line...

Phew.. Sorry if I overreacted, haha.. Well second or first line doesn't matter too much does it? I mean you still start each period, and you can still play as much as you want. But then again, I play on Detroit so 2nd or 1st line really doesn't matter.. ^^

I'm starting to feel excitement over the playoffs now... Though I have some ~25 games to go. Should be a lot of fun. It's very up and down (from game to game) so it feels like it really could go either way, but at the same time I've been thinking it might be time to crank the difficulty up a notch (Pro atm).. I had no idea it could be this much fun!

Phew.. Sorry if I overreacted, haha.. Well second or first line doesn't matter too much does it? I mean you still start each period, and you can still play as much as you want. But then again, I play on Detroit so 2nd or 1st line really doesn't matter.. ^^

I'm starting to feel excitement over the playoffs now... Though I have some ~25 games to go. Should be a lot of fun. It's very up and down (from game to game) so it feels like it really could go either way, but at the same time I've been thinking it might be time to crank the difficulty up a notch (Pro atm).. I had no idea it could be this much fun!

Ha yep, still start each period :mellow: . Finally got called back up, took two two goal games back to back to do it. I'm getting to the final stretch before the play-offs, about 12 games since the trade deadline. My team already clinched its spot :)

Just finished up my first season, won the cup with the Stars in 6 games over the Senators. Signed with the Kings in the off-season for a 3 season contract for 2.15 million, after winning the Calder trophy, was quickly traded to the Habs, having fun with this game. Playing with an original six team :angry:

Haha, that's cool dude! :) I'm up 3-1 in the Western Conference finals.. I finally switched to "locked to position" instead of "authentic". I scored a hat trick with Lidström right away in the first game. s**t, quite the difference in skill I'd say... His shots actually goes in to the net, while I'm (my player) lucky if they even make it all the way to the goalie. I'm the point leader (well, tied with Sundin actually), with 3 goals and 14 assists :o I just get worse and worse at scoring but I pick up assists all over the ice.

So you get to choose contracts and stuff... Interesting, should be able to finish up the season/playoff today. :angry:

Haha, that's cool dude! :o I'm up 3-1 in the Western Conference finals.. I finally switched to "locked to position" instead of "authentic". I scored a hat trick with Lidström right away in the first game. s**t, quite the difference in skill I'd say... His shots actually goes in to the net, while I'm (my player) lucky if they even make it all the way to the goalie. I'm the point leader (well, tied with Sundin actually), with 3 goals and 14 assists :o I just get worse and worse at scoring but I pick up assists all over the ice.

So you get to choose contracts and stuff... Interesting, should be able to finish up the season/playoff today. :angry:

Yeah, my agent(hehe) worked out four deals, with the Stars, the Kings, the Panthers, and the Hurricanes. I went for the cash with LA :)

Ended up winning game six in overtime over Carolina. Clinched both the Calder trophy and became playoff MVP. 4 goals and 21 assists tied me for 25 points with two Hurricane players. Signed up for another 3 years with the Red Wings... They also signed Khabibulin and Scott Niedermayer! But Franzén is gone.. O_o

Didn't get as much extra XP as I was hoping though. But I'm ready for another season! :angry:

First game of the second season.. 21-5 in shots, second period... Score: 0-4... Go EA! Great... Game ended 0-6 with 32-11 in shots. I tend to yell and curse like all the time. But I didn't even utter a word all game, it was just plain crap. After the first goal I just knew what was coming. I'm just sitting here like... Meh? Nice start for Khabibulin... :dal_skater_hand_grab::blink:<_<

Yeah I won the Conn Smythe as well, I think with 21 goals and 11 assists (mostly rebounds).

My season with the Habs is off on a good note, 5-0 so far with 10 goals and 1 assist. Playing on a line with Forsberg (yea Peter came to Montreal ) and Kovalev and with a strong 2nd line that consists of Sundin and Koivu it's a dangerous squad and Kerry Price has had two shutouts so far.

I've figured team play is more a reflection of your role play, for example I picked sniper and every since I've started getting 7-10 shots a game (even from odd angles) my team play grade has been substantially better. I figure play maker is probably the toughest role to fulfill probably making the team play grade a bigger challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

For those having trouble picking up assists, I found out that you can force your teammates to do one-timers by doing the 'shoot' action (flicking the right stick or pressing the shoot button) when the puck is on the way to them.

For those having trouble picking up assists, I found out that you can force your teammates to do one-timers by doing the 'shoot' action (flicking the right stick or pressing the shoot button) when the puck is on the way to them.

I gotta try that. I need some assists, 20 games into the season I have 5 assists and need 35 assists for the season expectation.

First game I tried this little tactic I got four penalties because of the hit stick lol, don't think I was flicking it right or doing it at the right times.

Use right bumper to make them shoot.

I find they don't one-time if you use the right bumper. Maybe you have to hold it down until they receive it? I haven't tried that, but I know if you pass it then hit right bumper (and let go) before it gets to them, it has no effect

If you do the stick flick, they actually one-time it. In fact, they'll attempt to one-time it even if the pass is totally off, no where near them, making them look kinda odd :/

• 2 months later...
Guest Houlanov

since I played on this site I find the passion of hockey console that I had lost since 2000 and more and more I realize that nhl'94 is the best game of hockey in the world. NHL 2009 will never be better than the classical of 90's

special tx to Evan for this website!