NHL'94 Forums

Newb How to play online

Petrafire

ok im trying to play online for the first time me and my friend both have nhl 94 rom and gens what next

thanks

Both of you should open the NHL '94 ROM in single player (offline) at least once to make sure it works.

Then, File Menu -> Netplay. The Kaillera client should come up and a list of servers should slowly fill the white box. Give yourself a name in the box in the lower left, and let the list of servers finish refreshing. Pick a server (preferably one that has a low ping for both of you) and connect to it by double-clicking on it or single-clicking and then clicking the Connect box. Assuming you can make the connection, another Kaillera window should pop up for the server itself, and you'll see chat going on in the upper left, the list of everyone connected to the server (and you should see yourselves there) in the upper right, and a list of ongoing and waiting games at the bottom. Decide who'll be player 1, and have him click the New Game button, and then choose the NHL '94 ROM from the list that comes up. The other player should then click on the room the first player created (which should appear in the list at the bottom of the window) and click the Join button. If you both find yourself in a small chat room at the bottom of the window where the list of games had been, then everything's working right. Once you're both ready, Player 1 should click the Start Game button, and, with a little luck, the game will start on both of your screens.

Hopefully it'll work, and if it does and you guys decide you like playing online, consider joining my league over at http://www.nhl94.com/nhl94cup/ or Evan's over at http://www.nhl94online.com/.

And yes, I answered your question solely to advertise my league. :)