NHL'94 Forums

09 fighting sucks!

by looking at the videos on youtube, the "new" fighting in nhl09 sucks once again...

year after year, same old boxing style crap

now on the other hand... the 2k9 fighting looks great

more hanging on, refs following the fight, looks way more realistic

i wonder if the guys at EA ever seen an actual NHL fight?

they should take a lesson from 2k9, and steal the ideas for EA...

but i wont be around to find out... this is officially my last season of playing the EA nhl games, im retiring after this season

ive been buying ea nhl games since 92, so thats 16 games at X $$$ amount, you do the math...

i held out one more year cuz i heard this years fighting was gonna be new, new yes, but still sucks ass...

Edited by 77

lol that's not realistic...players got hp ( pokemon like) and theres a K.O in each fight

Edited by Freydey

fighting is the best part of hockey, besides actually playing it

and anyone that doesnt agree, should go put on a dress and hang out with the rest of the bitches...

ea's "new" fighting engine sucks, fights are over in 2 seconds, 2k9's looks more believable

(for years ea's fighting engine has been a joke)

from all the reviews, 2k9 is a terrible game, EXCEPT for the fighting...

and we all know the ea has the best gameplay, theres no doubt about that

take a look yourself...

NHL09 http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

2k9 http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...mp;oq=2k9+fight

what im saying is ea needs to take a lesson from 2k9s fighting engine...

Edited by 77

Yeah, the fighting could be better, but maybe I'm just not used to the mechanic yet.

What I've found is that you need to use the Grab button (right trigger) and dodge the first punch (X).. then start wailing (A). If you're grabbing on and lose, you don't get KO'd, you just fall over, the fight ends, and you get up.

Fight Night 2004 on the original xbox is pretty awesome, btw.

I haven't tried the new 360 boxing game.. well, i tried the demo and it was horrible, but I'm guessing the finished version is a bit better?

Yeah the fighting in NHL 09 pretty much blows, but it usually does in all games. Except in Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel for NES of course :) Best fighting imo can be found in NHL 96 @ Genesis and NHL Hitz (Pro). I just love it in 96 where you can drag the other guy to the ice and keep pounding on him. It is awesome! :angry:

2:40 in you'll see the fighting from NHL Hitz Pro. A bit of reaction, then button mashing!

Edited by Xstioph

by looking at the videos on youtube, the "new" fighting in nhl09 sucks once again...

year after year, same old boxing style crap

now on the other hand... the 2k9 fighting looks great

more hanging on, refs following the fight, looks way more realistic

i wonder if the guys at EA ever seen an actual NHL fight?

they should take a lesson from 2k9, and steal the ideas for EA...

but i wont be around to find out... this is officially my last season of playing the EA nhl games, im retiring after this season

ive been buying ea nhl games since 92, so thats 16 games at X $$$ amount, you do the math...

i held out one more year cuz i heard this years fighting was gonna be new, new yes, but still sucks ass...

Yeah the fighting in 09 is god awful. I have had too many lame two-punch knock-outs, but it does seem to give your team a bit of a boost.

Other than the fighting, which should not really be a factor, it's a great game.