NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 editing and classic roms?

bradu

First, has anyone made any roms for different seasons other than the 1983 and the current ones? In particular, I'm looking for 60's and 70's. I know a guy made all the 70's and 80's seasons for 94, but can't seem to find any for 93.

Second, has anyone figured out how to edit the actual mechanics of the game? I've done tons of tests on demo mode (which I've detailed fairly extensively in the 93 forum), and there's a bunch of things kinda screwy about the fighting. Takes at least 5 minutes for the first fight of the game, at least 5 minutes in between fights, like there's some sort of hidden tension meter that starts over after every fight. It'd be nice if this were removed so it wasn't so predictable when a fight would happen.

Also it's impossible for a fight to happen without at least one of the fighters being at least a 71 in fighting. It'd be nice to see that changed as well.

Still sorta surprised no one has figured out how to add fighting into 94.

posted this in the 93 forum last night when I discovered it, but it's relevant to this question. I found that with line changes turned OFF, the game does not have the limit of several minutes BETWEEN fights. Still seems to take at least 3-4 minutes for the first fight of the game, but after that I've seen them happen as quickly as next faceoff. Again, this is all using demo mode.

First, has anyone made any roms for different seasons other than the 1983 and the current ones? In particular, I'm looking for 60's and 70's. I know a guy made all the 70's and 80's seasons for 94, but can't seem to find any for 93.

Second, has anyone figured out how to edit the actual mechanics of the game? I've done tons of tests on demo mode (which I've detailed fairly extensively in the 93 forum), and there's a bunch of things kinda screwy about the fighting. Takes at least 5 minutes for the first fight of the game, at least 5 minutes in between fights, like there's some sort of hidden tension meter that starts over after every fight. It'd be nice if this were removed so it wasn't so predictable when a fight would happen.

Also it's impossible for a fight to happen without at least one of the fighters being at least a 71 in fighting. It'd be nice to see that changed as well.

Still sorta surprised no one has figured out how to add fighting into 94.