NHL'94 Forums

How will the recession affect the NHL in the next 5 years?

halifax

8 members have voted

1. 1. How will the recession affect the NHL in the next 5 years?

• some teams will be contracted
    • some teams will move to different cities
    • some will be contracted, some will be moved
    • nothing will change

The NHL, I believe, went the wrong direction with the "attendance mandate," and was way behind the times in trying to get the salary cap into the game. It's definitely time to bring back Winnipeg and Quebec, but also Hamilton into the picture.

But meh.

I just know one thing - I'm sick and tired of the Sharks going to Phoenix and the game having NO ATMOSPHERE WHATSOEVER.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah kicking out Phoenix and Nashville could be good. And that league against Jim Balsillie will end someday, owners will be short in money and be forced to go north.

1) But in Phoenix you can buy $20 seats and sit 4th row (because no one else is sitting there)!

2) Nashville loves their team. I went there in November, couldn't catch a game but damned if I didn't see a lot of "Go Preds" signs around town (including yard signs!) It's just the corporations are all NFL patrons. If you have to move a team, please keep Nashville.

I agree its pretty retarded when fools go around saying move nashville constantly. From TV it seems like one ruckus crowd, city seems to love thier team.

Phoenix hasnt had a playoff team in like 9 years, same with Florida but those places seem to have some of the worst atmospheres.

Move Anaheim, nobody knows what hockey is there.

You can make a strong case for the entire southeast division.

Winning usually cures all, so I wouldnt really blame places like PHX, FLA, CLB, ATL. They basically never make the playoffs.

I dont think much is going to happen, dont see a team moving. Its already been 12 years since the last one did.

Id LIKE to see a 2nd team in Toronto, it would do well.