NHL'94 Forums

A Serious Injury

mack

I know I've thrown around the term 'bleed to win' etc... for some of my slogans.

This is done for fun sake as 93 is merely a video game, and I myself love when I'm bleeding at the the end of a real game [as long as it's not serious]

However a teammate of mine has seriously injured his head after him and the guy that were fighting fell back and he smacked his head on the ice. A pure accident. It has since received a crazy amount of media attention.

He is now in a coma after having to have brain surgery to stop the swelling and internal bleeding he received. He is clinging to life in a hospital in intensive care.

So basically I am saying that even though I have been busy, and continue to be, the 93 hack won't be out for awhile and I don't have a lot of zest to make some heads bleed right now. I thank you for your understanding.

Holy....! That's really serious there. o.o

We wish that your friend will make it out okay and recover.

I heard about that tragic accident on sportsnet. It a cold reminder that although hockey is a game, meant to entertain and provoke healthy competition, it can lead to serious injury. If this is the same story i heard about, i understand the injury occurred during a fight. Terrible news and to top it off, at this time of year. Our thoughts and prayers are with this young boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes sadly I have to report my teammate passed away 10 days ago.

It hasn't been easy for our team or his friends and family. Don Cherry and Ron were there too.

You can google Don Sanderson to read about it if you want.

We are retiring his jersey this Saturday.