NHL'94 Forums

GDL VOTE: Weight Bug

angryjay93

Post your vote, yes or no to use the weight bug in GDL 6, only GDL managers can vote.

For Weight Bug (3):

Houlanov

Skool

Freydey

Against Weight Bug(12):

EnsuingFracas

Hokkee

Habs

Shaftman

EvitageN

Metzgerism

Sebe

IceStorm

Matthurray

Kgman

Angryjay

Swos

Ummmm..... NO! Why wreck 5 seasons of stats by altering the game now? GDL now has 5 seasons of history and should always have the bug as the way the game was programmed 15 years ago. Those who are interested in a weight bug fix league, can wait for one to come around. I'm sure one will pop up soon.

Ummmm..... NO! Why wreck 5 seasons of stats by altering the game now? GDL now has 5 seasons of history and should always have the bug as the way the game was programmed 15 years ago. Those who are interested in a weight bug fix league, can wait for one to come around. I'm sure one will pop up soon.

because we've used it for 5 seasons and we already know who's good and who isn't. I say if you can do something about a bug in a game, fix it. The fact remains that this most certainly wasn't the way the game was meant to be played. It's so lopsided it's almost unfair to the other 95% of players in the game who aren't lightweights. Why can't they get some f**king action for once, for christ's sake. For the first time ever, Cam Neely and Eric Lindros might be able to lead the league in scoring. Defense will be tighter. The talent in the draft pool will increase dramatically (ESPECIALLY on defense), giving every team more depth. Coaches are able to mix and match light weight, fast players, and heavy bruisers to accommodate their style. Every pick will become that much more important, and with the stat tracking that gdl has, it would make for a very interesting season. I have all of these VERY convincing reasons as to why we should use the wgt bug fix, when all people who don't want to use wgt bug fix have is I DON'T LIKE CHANGE BAWL (see avatar for facial expressions). It's 2009, fellas. Why don't we shake things up a bit to bring in the new year?

I vote YES

i vote NO

there is already an FDL so wtf, its getting redundant.

Skool theres an opening in FDL...

There will be three leagues with exactly the same basis, why not keep gdl going with the classic rom.

I do like the wgt rom fix but theres already two other leagues for it. GDL should stay the same.

My vote is No.

You have FDL and Blitz for weight fix. GDL is weight bug along with Classic.

For those of you who complain that the weight bug isnt the way the game should be played and give all your reasons and whatever.

FDL was just created.

so go there.

Edited by shaftman

Here's a mild alternative:

Reduce the weights of defensemen, so they're more effective.

There are only 3 guys with 4-weight and 7 with 5-weight.

Of the top 17 defensemen in terms of Overall rating, the average weight is over 9.

Maybe go..

old->new

4->4

5->5

6->5 or 6

7->6

8->7

9->7 or 8

10->8

11->8 or 9

12->9 or 10

The forwards remain the same, but now there will actually be a good number of respectable D to pick.

Maybe incorporate the Checking rating in there, as well.

Edited by smozoma

its a tough decision cause ive been liking the weightfix rom but i think gdl should stay the same...

I don't really think it's my say but yeah now that we have FDL, I think even if it flops GDL should stay how it has been...

FDL will begin this week. I'll run through the rom tomorrow and Tuesday and try and get everything double-checked and polished up.

In the meantime, I'm pretty torn. I know that GDL has a basis of people that, together, can run this kind of league better than I. And yet we have this alternative that I would like to continue to see through. There is one key here - FDL will be using offsides - but Blitz has not adopted that rule and will be unlikely to do so...and both are weight-bug fixed.

Many GDL coaches are involved in FDL, and it seems pointless to have a similarly-based draft only one month after one was already staged. Plus, the people that have voted on the weight-bug fix are people that, for the most part, did not pounce on the opportunity to join FDL (where there is an open spot for Ottawa).

Anyways, do what you wish, but for the sake of avoiding redundancy I vote NO and encourage others to do the same. Wait a season, and if this Draft League duality does not work, we can vote again and I will be voting yes.

well i think this thread is over ....gdl has to stay the same ....there are other lgs for weight bugfix....move to next step in getting draft going!

9 people making their vote isnt enough to just dismiss this as if it were over.

Also, its very hard to conduct a draft without a database, i will do my best to locate D so we can get the database set up for the GDL 6 Draft.

And im voting for the weight bug FIX, what we fail to see here in my opinion is that the Blitz league, may or may not be running next season, its not guaranteed.

Secondly, the FDL is an Excel Spreadsheet league, which means stats are essentially limited to Wins-Losses-Ties. So if Blitz doesnt go to season 2, and FDL is the only weight bug league, then we have absolutely no stat tracking what so ever when it comes to Weight Bug Fix.

Thirdly, the talent pool is far deeper with the fix in place, I won the A league with my top player being Chris Kontos, a ho-hum middle weight who's only redeeming quality is an accurate shot. Something like that could never be accomplished with the current rom.

Fourthly, i agree with skool, we know who is good, weight buggers and a select handfull of heavyweights. The beauty of this is we can do a season of weight bug fix, compare stats, vote again in GDL 7 and go back to the old rom, compare again. This league has the ability to be flexible and have stat tracking.

If there is an offical announcement that Blitz will be coming back for a 2nd season, i will change my vote, until then, i vote for the weight bug fix.

its a tough decision cause ive been liking the weightfix rom but i think gdl should stay the same...

ok ,ok ...smozoma hasnt said anything about his lg going again for quite awhile and he dropped out of gdl so im changing my vote to no to the weight bug .5 seasons with the bug maybe is enough ....try 5 seasons without the bug ...and probably is time for change ....but id hate to see the original rom be completely wiped out besides classic ...which the finals hasnt been played YET!

9 people making their vote isnt enough to just dismiss this as if it were over.

Also, its very hard to conduct a draft without a database, i will do my best to locate D so we can get the database set up for the GDL 6 Draft.

And im voting for the weight bug, what we fail to see here in my opinion is that the Blitz league, may or may not be running next season, its not guaranteed.

Secondly, the FDL is an Excel Spreadsheet league, which means stats are essentially limited to Wins-Losses-Ties. So if Blitz doesnt go to season 2, and FDL is the only weight bug league, then we have absolutely no stat tracking what so ever when it comes to Weight Bug Fix.

Thirdly, the talent pool is far deeper with the fix in place, I won the A league with my top player being Chris Kontos, a ho-hum middle weight who's only redeeming quality is an accurate shot. Something like that could never be accomplished with the current rom.

Fourthly, i agree with skool, we know who is good, weight buggers and a select handfull of heavyweights. The beauty of this is we can do a season of weight bug fix, compare stats, vote again in GDL 7 and go back to the old rom, compare again. This league has the ability to be flexible and have stat tracking.

If there is an offical announcement that Blitz will be coming back for a 2nd season, i will change my vote, until then, i vote for the weight bug fix.

Can I change my vote?

Sure, if you want

Its a tough call, im gonna go with no. FDL is there, i realize that its a spreadsheet league, but that can change. I'm sure Metz is looking into a database, it may not be this season, but im confident that one will exist at some point. Keep the tradition going, keep gdl as it was. I would although agree to smoz's idea reducing the weight of the Def. men.

I vote NO.

I vote no. There will definitely be other weight fix leagues in the near future whether it be blitz/fdl or whatever.

Lets keep the player stats and the database consistent for gdl. If ever there was a league not mesnt to be touched it's the GDL. Until it becomes stale, why f^ck with it?

I vote no. There will definitely be other weight fix leagues in the near future whether it be blitz/fdl or whatever.

Lets keep the player stats and the database consistent for gdl. If ever there was a league not mesnt to be touched it's the GDL. Until it becomes stale, why f^ck with it?

I vote NO and I also vote that AJ should not be allowed to put this up for a vote again! sorry AJ your abusing your power! also on side note ICE u suck!

I vote NO and I also vote that AJ should not be allowed to put this up for a vote again! sorry AJ your abusing your power! also on side note ICE u suck!

You're scared your precious Bobby Bassen will be A-Bassenated! hahahahahaha

Rendering him a useless 4th liner like he was in his real life career.

Journeyman.

Maybe instead of fixing the weight bug, try just making the checking rating matter. I know Smozoma can do that. At least that way guys like Bourque can be more effective and all those little squirts with no skills won't be quite so dominating.

Edited by Scribe99

no no no no no no no

what does it cost to try one season with it? WTGA