NHL'94 Forums

I have a Mac - am I fouled?

rimbamboo

Will I be able to play or would I just be making wee-wee in the wind?

Thanks!!!!!!!

BTW, if I ever get going and the gameplay is generally the same as on the SNES, you guys will be owned. I have played many, many hours on this game. To put it simply, I'm good.

Thanks!!!!!!!

BTW, if I ever get going and the gameplay is generally the same as on the SNES, you guys will be owned. I have played many, many hours on this game. To put it simply, I'm good.

As far as I know, there's no way to play the Sega Genesis emulators over the internet on a mac. However, I don't know if anyone has ever tried running Kega under Wine (Windows Emulator) on a Mac...

Wine on Mac: http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

Kega: http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=kega

If you get it working, please tell us how!

Otherwise, you could always get a cheapo windows computer or laptop for 100$, and the game will run fine on it. Also, you can install the Mac OS on a PC anyway, and have both windows and mac on it at the same time, and just switch between them when you want to play the game.

The Sega version is very different from the SNES version -- skating, shooting, passing, checking, dekeing, it's all different.

Everyone thinks they're good when they start. Very few actually are. Think about it: dozens of different people on this site with different skills have played hundreds of games against each other, each learning from the others, finding new ways to trump each other... Only a handful of guys have come out of nowhere and been remotely competitive at first. It takes 100s of games of practice to reach your true potential :huh:

I am pessimistic about the effect on lag should it even be possible, but I can try to schedule a test game with you if you'd like.

I don't doubt that... But as smozoma said, few of us had the opportunity to play outside of our face-to-face peer group before finding this place. There are a lot of high school city and even state tennis/wrestling/etc. champions who are head and shoulders above the local competition - but who are no threats to take home a national title any time soon.

That said nothing would make me happier than finding out that you are one of those special talents, so anything we can do to help you get up and running let us know.

lol. i spent several several several hours helping rimbamboo set up. i cant believe how hard it was to explain lol.

anyways i got him going and we played some games.

so hes ready to go.

Cool, I think he may be the first person to play NHL94 online on a Mac!

my mistake. hes not online with mac...got SNES running on his old pc. hes not interested in gens on his mac.

However we bring 'em online is fine with me. I don't care if he's figured out a way to hook up a car battery to his XBand and is playing on his great grandfather's black-and-white TV. As long as we can add another name to the ladder I'm good.