NHL'94 Forums

Strategy talk

I start this thread for a special reason: Players must step up their game and I'm one of them. I'll start this thread with this question:

How the heck do I stop the dekes?? I do use Manual Goalie and even though I tilt it to the way where they'll shoot at me, I'm still short! These shots can make even Ed Belfour and Roy worthless! What should I do?

download a turbo hack from houlanov

llolol freydolanov

Yeah its tough. thats one of the biggest problems i find with the gens goalie control. If they could just slide a bit instead of being stuck in place when trying to make a save it would be more realstic and you wouldent come up short.

you can try not using the save button and just lining yourself up with the shot and just take it to the chest.

other then that its all about practice and getting the eye for the angles.

Edit - Oh. and diving at the puck (this is a risky move but if you get good at it its a save + clear everytime!)

Edited by shaftman

I start this thread for a special reason: Players must step up their game and I'm one of them. I'll start this thread with this question:

How the heck do I stop the dekes?? I do use Manual Goalie and even though I tilt it to the way where they'll shoot at me, I'm still short! These shots can make even Ed Belfour and Roy worthless! What should I do?

You just have to start pressing B earlier. Give up on your D-man half a second earlier when you know you can't stop the guy. Then move the goalie in the direction you think the guy will deke.

There is also the "check your own goalie" move where you use your defenseman to push your goalie over and block the deke!

Yeah definitely first press the B button(hold it down for a good quarter of a sec, dont' just merely tap the button it wont' activate) and then use the directional pad to plan a move. Don't hit the directional pad before the B button, that'll usually keep you on auto goalie.

If there is a player like Mogilny and Bure who both have insane lateral agility, it becomes incredibly difficult to predict where the heck the shot is going. They are a manual goalie's nightmare. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap when they score. If you encounter lightning speed on a break, I find it often successful to

1. activate the manual goalie(hold down the B button)

2. then quickly press the C button to get the goalie to flatten out

By getting the goalie to flatten out, you are minimizing the scoring window and angles for the offensive player and often knock him down in the process. Plus the puck gets gobbled up by the goalie and rarely floats anywhere like it would if you just try to knock down an incoming player. It works pretty well, but it's not by any means automatic. However if you do it TOO soon, players can skate around and dunk it. If an opponent is approaching from the extreme right side or left side on a breakaway, you don't need to utilize this technique, just keep the goalie upright and merely move the goalie over with the directional pad. Getting the goalie to flatten out works best when the opponent is approaching from the middle of the floor and trying to attack.

Edited by marcusmaximus

Arrite, next question:

Which is the best action to stop players in their tracks? Checking doesn't always seem to work for crap and I had been scored on plays that slip through my fingers like nothing and still the opponent scores despite my efforts.

Also, how do I make guys from taking too much time if I want to make a comeback? This is another thing that sorely sticks to my craw. I feel very miffed when they do that.

Arrite, next question:

Which is the best action to stop players in their tracks? Checking doesn't always seem to work for crap and I had been scored on plays that slip through my fingers like nothing and still the opponent scores despite my efforts.

Also, how do I make guys from taking too much time if I want to make a comeback? This is another thing that sorely sticks to my craw. I feel very miffed when they do that.

B checks, limit your C checks to players you know are big hitters

try a few hooks

taking too much time when they are up? This I havnt really seen, its basically the biggest disgrace move one can make is kill the clock when their up. Who does this?

B checks, limit your C checks to players you know are big hitters

try a few hooks

taking too much time when they are up? This I havnt really seen, its basically the biggest disgrace move one can make is kill the clock when their up. Who does this?

who does thi? Lol they know who they are :lol: