NHL'94 Forums

New NHL 93 ROM - 1989-90 with banners

New NHL 93 rom – with banners :P (Used wboy’s 30 team rom)

Year: 1989-90 (21 teams+ 2 All Star teams)

Version 1 of the game. Might be a few mistakes as haven’t checked it all properly. Has everything but team introductions and correct playoffs (will follow shortly).

Please highlight any mistakes plus what you think of player ratings as I will use these as a basis for other roms. For the player ratings I have based them half on real attributes and half on the season’s stats so hopefully they give a realistic feel for the player and how he played that year compared to other ones.

Also does anyone have the All Star team line-ups for this year?? I think I might be missing one or two players?

Anyway enough talk:

Download from

http://www.geocities.com/hockeyroms/hockeyroms_hacks.htm

New NHL 93 rom – with banners :) (Used wboy’s 30 team rom)

Version 1 of the game. Might be a few mistakes as haven’t checked it all properly. Has everything but team introductions and correct playoffs (will follow shortly).

Please highlight any mistakes plus what you think of player ratings as I will use these as a basis for other roms. For the player ratings I have based them half on real attributes and half on the season’s stats so hopefully they give a realistic feel for the player and how he played that year compared to other ones.

Also does anyone have the All Star team line-ups for this year?? I think I might be missing one or two players?

Anyway enough talk:

Download from

Have you tried editing the crease or logo yet?? Supposedly its possible but the guy who made the hack must be on vacation or something. He hasnt answered any questions over there. Lemme know if you have any luck. I saw 1 set of rink tile in TLP but when you edit the, nothing happens in the game. Guy who made the rom says theres another set somewhere down at the bottom when you open it in TLP but I dont see anything but green boxes. Oh well. To my knowledge noone has yet to edit the crease or logo in 93. Hope one day we can.

New NHL 93 rom – with banners :) (Used wboy’s 30 team rom)

Anyway enough talk:

Download from

How do you limit the number of teams? How'd you do that by the way? Also how do you edit overall ratings under Ron Barr?

Edited by purplehaze

purple shut the f**k up and SEARCH !!!!

K I did. My main question though is why we cant edit the crease yet. You had any luck? Mabye if you get a chance you could look at the rink tiles then try to edit one, and see if it comes out in the game. Then you'll see what I mean it just doesnt show up.

then let it go bill, the war is over... let it go...

K, K but why did WBOY say we could edit the crease? Thats what I'm wondering. If he says we can and we cant why would he say that? Mabye I'm doing something wrong or is there some trick to unlock the crease/logo tiles??

Any way you can just test it yourself and see what happens?? Dont you want to edit the logo and get rid of that crappy as$ EASN thing?? :)

• 1 month later...

Now completed this rom with working play-off draws, team intros (with strenghts + and weaknesses -) and team ratings. Team rating are worked out from the seasons stats so should give a good indication of the teams abilities - if anyone is bothered???.

By the way does any of the clever people who frequent this site know how to remove the old Home Adv rating? I have just set it as 0 but really just want it blank?

post-1995-1236510863_thumb.jpg

Can not wait to play this.

Lately ive been obsessed with your soviet league rom so Im expecting this to be awesome.

K just played and I noticed that none of the players seem to be getting fatigued.

I have 5 minute periods, line changes on...

but scoring line 1 never appears to be at anything less than full energy and therefore there is no need to change lines.

The computer only keeps scoring line 1 on the ice as well.

Noticed that the same thing happens in the final completed version of your soviet league rom.

Edited by feivelclark

Can not wait to play this.

Lately ive been obsessed with your soviet league rom so Im expecting this to be awesome.

K just played and I noticed that none of the players seem to be getting fatigued.

I have 5 minute periods, line changes on...

but scoring line 1 never appears to be at anything less than full energy and therefore there is no need to change lines.

The computer only keeps scoring line 1 on the ice as well.

Noticed that the same thing happens in the final completed version of your soviet league rom.

I have noticed this problem myself when playing the Soviet game. Normally I play the game at 10 minutes because you get the most realistic stats, I only play 5 for a quick fix. So I think it works a bit better playing at 10 minutes but is probably still a bit of a problem.

It is because I work out the endurance of the players from the games they played that season. Whether this gives a good indication of a players endurance I'm not sure but I felt it gives a sort of idea and is better than just making a number up out of thin air. Anyway thats how I did it. In the Russian league the season is smaller so a lot of players played the full number of games so this is why they last so long without needing to change. Hopefully it won't be as much of an issue in the NHL one.

Maybe I might adjust the endurance ratings or will look into making the lines fatigue quicker which may be better. I think you can do this in 94 so should be able to do it in 93

I have noticed this problem myself when playing the Soviet game. Normally I play the game at 10 minutes because you get the most realistic stats, I only play 5 for a quick fix. So I think it works a bit better playing at 10 minutes but is probably still a bit of a problem.

It is because I work out the endurance of the players from the games they played that season. Whether this gives a good indication of a players endurance I'm not sure but I felt it gives a sort of idea and is better than just making a number up out of thin air. Anyway thats how I did it. In the Russian league the season is smaller so a lot of players played the full number of games so this is why they last so long without needing to change. Hopefully it won't be as much of an issue in the NHL one.

Maybe I might adjust the endurance ratings or will look into making the lines fatigue quicker which may be better. I think you can do this in 94 so should be able to do it in 93

I played with 10 minute periods and did not notice any fatigue.

Maybe I will just lower everyones endurance across the board.

Im assuming you dont mind if I tool around with your rom?

Yes you can change the endurance if you want. However, this will effect the player ratings. I think I might have a bit play myself over the next couple of weeks and see if I can correct it without changing the ratings. I will post on here when I'm done. Please let me know what you think.

A quick note before I head out - don't waste your time changing the endurance ratings. Figured out what the fatigue problem is. Will sort this out over the next few days.

• 5 weeks later...
just initially checked your canada cup rom ..... really like those banners!!

will any design be acceptable now for them, or are they still restricted by design?

Yeh you can do any design you want - only really limited by the dimensions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...