NHL'94 Forums

Jagr's return to the NHL

shaftman

I guess jagr will be giving a good chunk of money back to mario because by the time he's ready to come back to the nhl from his two year stint in the KHL...the league minimum salary will be around 500000.

Well the salary cap is going down..so wouldn't the minimum salary be going down..?

The salary cap is implemented on the team not individual players. In terms of escrow payments, in a sense you are correct...players receiving salaries will receive less because the salary cap is going down(and I assume that all players fall equally into that category)

The minimum salary is something the players got out of the deal when they sacrificied taking a salary cap. I think it used to be around 200000 or something before the deal...and got up to 450000 after the deal with increases up to the 2011-2012 season to over 500000.

So if a player signed this summer...and accepted the league minimum..he would still sign at 450000 regardless of where the salary cap is at.