NHL'94 Forums

SNES Editor v0.7b

statto

This is very good stuff, Statto. I've been working on a port of swos' gens NHL09 (mainly for personal use), and this will help a lot.

An error I've just found for the new version: In the players menu, when trying to select Tampa Bay, the program closes and gives me a message: "Runtime error 380: improper property value"

Also, will the add/remove player eventually be able to remove players from one team and add a slot to another team? This would be helpful for adding players to Anaheim and Florida (because there are far less slots for those two teams).

Edited by northstar91

This is very good stuff, Statto. I've been working on a port of swos' gens NHL09 (mainly for personal use), and this will help a lot.

An error I've just found for the new version: In the players menu, when trying to select Tampa Bay, the program closes and gives me a message: "Runtime error 380: improper property value"

Also, will the add/remove player eventually be able to remove players from one team and add a slot to another team? This would be helpful for adding players to Anaheim and Florida (because there are far less slots for those two teams).

Which ROM were you editing? Had you added or removed players from Tampa Bay before this error occured? I ask because I can't recreate it.

Cheers

If you skip the first names (Scott Mellandby -> S. Mellanby, saves you 3 bytes), you can save up a lot of free bytes to create new players for i.e. Florida. As for transferring bytes from one team to another... I've tried to do it but I never got it working. Should be possible...

Again, great work Statto. Much appreciated! Didn't get the copy+paste to work with the jerseys though, it just kept pasting 0 0 0, black.

Edited by Xstioph

Which ROM were you editing? Had you added or removed players from Tampa Bay before this error occured? I ask because I can't recreate it.

Cheers

Well, I compared both this and the previous version (v.060) of the editor with an unedited NHL '94 rom, and I noticed that for Tampa Bay, there is an extra slot in the version 7 (3 G, 14 F, 7 D) as opposed to version 6 (2 G, 14 F, 7 D). Therefore, I think that v7 is looking at my rom which I edited from v6 and seeing that there is an empty slot. I did not (conciously) remove any players in v6, so I think it was something from v6 that was missed.

Well, I compared both this and the previous version (v.060) of the editor with an unedited NHL '94 rom, and I noticed that for Tampa Bay, there is an extra slot in the version 7 (3 G, 14 F, 7 D) as opposed to version 6 (2 G, 14 F, 7 D). Therefore, I think that v7 is looking at my rom which I edited from v6 and seeing that there is an empty slot. I did not (conciously) remove any players in v6, so I think it was something from v6 that was missed.

Probably a problem with the goalies. I'll experiment. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS PROGRAM. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Additions:

+ Add players

+ Remove players

+ Change number of goalies

+ Copy/paste uniform colors

+ Uniform part being edited now more clear

+ Current RGB color now displayed

Statto,

I can't say thanks enough for this. I hadn't experimented with your editor whatsoever until tonight....and wow...what an amazing piece of software! The capabilities have increased 1000 times from the previous editor I used to use. The painstaking hours I spent adjusting codes, renaming players, changing letters and numbers until I'd get headches, trying to fix errors.....and bugging xstioph on a regular basis for help (but he's such a nice guy, he was always happy to help).

What a time saver this will be. It's been almost a year since I've played nhl94(my last game was against shaftman in the B finals of classic league last july). I'll definitely be dusting off the ol controller soon with the new rom I'm now working on.

Thanks again!

Yeah the jersey coloring function is simply amazing, had no idea you would be able to something like that. :)

I had never any idea of how to do it manually in hex, and the old old editor was very limited (could only select colors from a preset palette). I think I still do some of the roster related stuff quicker manually though, had a pretty good system working with Hex Workshop, Excel and some macros. :)

Edited by Xstioph

This would have saved me about 50 hours a few years ago. I was using some snes color editor and literally doing trial and error for colors of everything.

Very cool.

This would have saved me about 50 hours a few years ago. I was using some snes color editor and literally doing trial and error for colors of everything.

Very cool.

I think it's still buggy but I'm glad that people are using it and that it's revived the ole SNES for just a little while longer.

Again, great work Statto. Much appreciated! Didn't get the copy+paste to work with the jerseys though, it just kept pasting 0 0 0, black.

I had the same issue...were you able to get the color copy and paste to work for you, Statto?

I had the same issue...were you able to get the color copy and paste to work for you, Statto?

I'll take me a look when I get home.

• 11 months later...