NHL'94 Forums

I quit gdl

Carse

aj is a fag*ot I edited my post when i selected the wrong guy and edited my post 2 minutes after in the 10th rd and he changed it back so I am out. Have fun you Nazi

In other news.. Pittsburgh is goin to the superbowl!!

Edited by Carse

The drama begins before the season even starts..

Well if he edited it right away why would aj change it back.

the rule is if you post a pick, you cant edit it, i had to do that a couple other times this draft as well, so its not like i singled out carse, but im just gonna ignore this, its over garry galley or whoever he wanted to pick, i think it was jeff norton, if he really wants to leave the league over jeff norton, then i dont even need to have the conversation with him.

lawl wtga FOR A 10TH PICK....WTGA?

Wow this much bitching over a 10th rounder...and he's MINE ALL MINE HAHAHAHHA

Just kidding. I don't know how to resolve this. Carse grow up you're better than everyone else in the league you don't need your backup backup winger.

its not about jeff norton its about AJ being a fu*kin nazi with this and just being a doushe all together when i looked at the wrong player on the list and changed it 1 minute later and this homo feels the need to change it back.. esp when it is some scrub no one cares if a post is edited get off your fu*kin high horse AJ

its not about jeff norton its about AJ being a fu*kin nazi with this and just being a doushe all together when i looked at the wrong player on the list and changed it 1 minute later and this homo feels the need to change it back.. esp when it is some scrub no one cares if a post is edited get off your fu*kin high horse AJ

id be more inclined to have a discussion with you about this if you would just talk to me normally. Im not trying to be a nazi or get on a high horse here, just enforcing a rule of the draft, nothing more. you could always ask metz and see if he is willing to trade with you. but if you want to keep approaching things in this manner, that is fine, but im not going to get involved and i can find a replacement if you genuinely want out of this league.

id be more inclined to have a discussion with you about this if you would just talk to me normally. Im not trying to be a nazi or get on a high horse here, just enforcing a rule of the draft, nothing more. you could always ask metz and see if he is willing to trade with you. but if you want to keep approaching things in this manner, that is fine, but im not going to get involved and i can find a replacement if you genuinely want out of this league.

i ahve a question.......why did kgman get verbeek after he edited his pick 30 minutes later ....i asked him if he was seriously picking beapre and he said yes then edited later but still got him ....so what up with that?

i ahve a question.......why did kgman get verbeek after he edited his pick 30 minutes later ....i asked him if he was seriously picking beapre and he said yes then edited later but still got him ....so what up with that?

this is a fair question and i will answer it to the best of my ability.

kg did make the pick beaupre, i never saw it because i was commuting home when he made the pick. i only saw verbeek, it wasnt until hours later that it was brought to my attention.

the edit was made before anyone else had picked, now, typically i will admit i would make him go back to beaupre as i did for a short time. but here is the reasoning for why i declined to force him to take beaupre.

kgman has been in one gdl draft, in the draft rules i posted for this draft, i neglected to include the posting rule, i assumed everyone knew it or wouldnt try to take advantage of it. kgman in my discussion with him seemed to be genuinely unaware of the rule, also in my discussion with him he didnt fly off the handle, he was actually quite respectful and remorseful and was even willing to take beaupre after i had forced it upon him. but because of the way he handled the situation, and people who made me aware of the situation telling me about how they did not care about the switch he made, i decided to allow him this one time break.

other supportive reasoning i had was that kgman already had a goalie, it was pointless to have another goalie and i figured others in the league would rather face kgman with a roster at its full compliment as opposed to a handicapped roster. it didnt affect any of the other picks behind him anyways as those people either were picking goalies or i had lists from them.

in the end of the talk i had with him, i told him that if he made this mistake again, there would be no break, and i felt it would be proper to enforce the rule on other people through out the rest of the draft to provide some sort of consistency and to show kgman i wasnt bluffing him.

if enough people are seriously outraged by my decision, i would honestly like to hear it, and i will incure any penalty that would be deemed appropriate, not kgman.

as for carse, hes entitled to his opinion...not exactly the best way to express it, especially over jeff norton, but we can try to rectify the situation if need be and if we can handle it in a mature fashion.

Jeff "Fig" Norton Anti Virus needs to be in stl or people will riot in the streets

oh, also, youre toronto, i talked to vocal or bo (cant remember) about what team you wanted, i gave you toronto, tried to give you a team with that saints come marching in thing.

lol this is totally turning into a clusterfuck

btw Norton is a non-issue and I'd be willing to trade him for anyone as long as I can get a lightweight free agent to replace whatever turd is traded to me (lol).

So if it will make Carse happy and resolve this, no problem.

If it won't resolve anything, then I would like to keep Norton.

n my discussion with him seemed to be genuinely unaware of the rule

As much as id love to cast the blame on Carse.. lol i cant see how one person can be allowed to edit a post 30 mins later, and then in retrospect not have Carse edit his pick 1 min after the fact. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rule. I have to agree with Jrod, what applies to one applies to everyone. Carse's aggressive attitude i feel is justified considering you allowed KG to make his edit, an denied him his. Conduct shouldn't be a deciding factor, in your decision making process.

Rules are rules, no reading between the lines, no consideration for bad language and poor conduct should be taken into account.

Edited by Sebe_The_Legend

As much as id love to cast the blame on Carse.. lol i cant see how one person can be allowed to edit a post 30 mins later, and then in retrospect not have Carse edit his pick 1 min after the fact. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rule. I have to agree with Jrod, what applies to one applies to everyone. Carse's aggressive attitude i feel is justified considering you allowed KG to make his edit, an denied him his. Conduct shouldn't be a deciding factor, in your decision making process.

Rules are rules, no reading between the lines, no consideration for bad language and poor conduct should be taken into account.

From what I have read and understood, I can agree with what sebe just posted.

We're just gonna let Carse and Metz Hammer it out off to the side. In hind (tit as hokkee would say) sight things weren't really handled consistently across the board. In defense it was hard to keep track of edited picks when legit (like dupe pick) and when next minute change etc. I saw a bunch of edited picks but didn't see the original to know what the deal was.

In general the rule has always been u get what u post but unfortunately it's hard to keep track of all that sh!t.

Any way, lets get to the preseason/trading season fella's! Game On!

Main Entry:

pri·ma don·na Listen to the pronunciation of prima donna

Pronunciation:

\ˌpri-mə-ˈdä-nə, ˌprē-\

Function:

noun

Inflected Form(s):

plural prima donnas

Etymology:

Italian, literally, first lady

Date:

1 : a principal female singer in an opera or concert organization 2 : a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team

2 : a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team

3 : carse