NHL'94 Forums

What is your top 3 from the Genesis (Megadrive)

jeroen

Hey it's cool.. we can stray off topic from time to time.

Btw.. your list is awesome.. almost perfect but you forgot 1 game: Toe Jam and Earl. If you've never played that game before, you must give it a shot. But only the first one, the sequal was horrible.

-Evan

I like the variety. So I choose:

1. NHL94 (will there be any (sports-)game ever again where the fun will last that long?)

2. Bareknuckle (jap. version of "Streets of Rage". Great Carnage with nice music at this time)

3. Dune II -Battle for Arrakis- (I also spent a lot of my lifetime playing this. A great strategy game for Megadrive)

Hahahaha Toejam and Earl!!!

Now that was one weird and funky game!!

Strange enemies (a fat opera singer, some dog in a huge plastic bubble, a woman with her kid in a shoppingcar, strange powerups like tomatoe slingshot, icarus wings or rocketbooster.

Never played Panic on planet Funkatron (part II)

Streets of Rage had some killer tunes indeed.

1. Elitserien (NHL) 95

2. Earthworm Jim

I think there's another one that I played much (don't recall it)... Sold my Mega Drive many years ago... But I think Jungle Strike and Lotus II RECS has to split the 3rd place for now. Oh yeah, almost forgot NHL 96 uhm, dunno where to place it though.

My Top 3 (in no particular order):

1. The NHL series (one of my staples since I was a lad)

2. The Road Rash Series (yeah, it wasn't much of a brawling game on the Genesis, but it was good. Anyone know if this series has a website?)

3. Mortal Kombat (It was good, but due to my young age at the time, I didn't play it that much)

For something different and somewhat unknown (unless you where an amiga freak), check out Super Skidmarks (Super Skidmarks (E) [x].zip). It only ever had a PAL release, and is a bit like a 3d version of Micro Machines.

For something different and somewhat unknown (unless you where an amiga freak), check out Super Skidmarks (Super Skidmarks (E) [x].zip). It only ever had a PAL release, and is a bit like a 3d version of Micro Machines.

Woah, that is a pretty hot tip there. Never heard of this game, but as a big fan or RC Pro-Am and Offroad, I'm looking forward to playing this one.

NES RC Pro-AM is one of my all time favorite games... haven't really played the genesis version much though...

...and yeah, Super Skidmarks is basically RC Pro-AM meets Super Offroad.

I compared to Micro Machines as it too is a Codemaster's game... though I actually forgot to mention it.

lets see my favorites are as follows:

1) NHL 94 (of course)

2)Gunstar Heroes

3)is a tie between Sonic2 and Toe Jam and Earl

and mr. yzerman....all i have to say about your hate-age of Toe Jam and Earl is this:

BOO-URNS to you sir! BOO-URNS! B)

1. NHL 94

2. Toejam & Earl

3. Sonic 1

Earthworm Jim is a close 4th

Woah, that is a pretty hot tip there. Never heard of this game, but as a big fan or RC Pro-Am and Offroad, I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Ditto, I loved Pro-Am and Super Offroad (Offroad a little bit more), I'll definitely check this one out.

I'll list some of my favorite after 94.

1. The 6-pak. That's what I think it was called. It had sonic, streets of rage, shinobi, golden axe, super hang-on and columns in one cart

2. Out run

3. space harrier