NHL'94 Forums

Computer Takes Over Your Puck Carrier

jeroen

As I was lurking in the Bug section of this site...I noticed that: Computer Takes Over Your Puck Carrier is mentioned.

I never really tested it or find it worth to test but....but isn't that part of the gameplay?

If you would pass the puck and held down a certain button, that the player who gets the puck automaticly changes into the computer??

I think if you double-press B & then do a one timer on Genesis, the computer executes the one-timer. Is this what you're talking about, or does the computer actually skate with the puck?

I've seen the computer take over the player I wanna be and actually like take a wristshot sometimes. It's funny.

never heard of that

It was a complete takeover and I even think that you could decide if you let the computer pass or shoot by pressing B or C.

To bad I always chocked, messed up or got confiused when this happend.

In later NHL games on the PS-one and PS-2 you could pass the puck to a player, make that player turn into the computer and become some other player so you can position yourself in a good position for a one-timer or slapshot.

Perhaps that was the idea behind the whole thing on NHL 94 but they could not make it to work proper due to the lack of buttons.

It was a complete takeover and I even think that you could decide if you let the computer pass or shoot by pressing B or C.

To bad I always chocked, messed up or got confiused when this happend.

In later NHL games on the PS-one and PS-2 you could pass the puck to a player, make that player turn into the computer and become some other player so you can position yourself in a good position for a one-timer or slapshot.

Perhaps that was the idea behind the whole thing on NHL 94 but they could not make it to work proper due to the lack of buttons.

yes it happened to me the other day where the computer actually found the rebound and took a shot... my friend had the computer score for him against me.. its pretty wierd I always thought it was random. is there a way to control it [let the computer take over]

either way its a pretty cool glich

Yeah, it seems to be involuntary. This occurs like every 10 games or so. I've actually had the cpu take one of my passes for a one-timer.

This happens with the golie to me much more frequently: When you have no control over any players on the ice, but the star is still on the golie.

• 3 months later...

The term or word for this is POSSESSION. The star goes to the computer controlled solid light blue, your controller is locked out, and you cannot regain your controller controls until there is a whistle. We often asked for CHARITY, etiquette demands a complimentary whistle, and if possible, a puck dump.

I've played this game 12 plus years, and have experienced POSSESSION more than 500 times! Any play stoppage ends the demonic possession.