NHL'94 Forums

Vote: Draft Issue - teams losing 2 players in rd 2

smozoma

OK, the vote so far is about split, but generally in favour.

I thought up a much better idea that is way more in line with my original intentions for the draft, so I'm going to institute this rule:

• After a team loses 2 players in a round, they can immediately do their protection pick from the next round.

This prevents teams from losing 3 players in one round. If a team loses 3 players in the 2nd round, that means that their 3rd round protection pick is for a 5th-round caliber player! They are also forced a bit by the 2 players they drafted in the previous 2 rounds, they may even need to pick a 6th-rounder just to get some balance on their team.. in the 3rd round...

Also, my intention for this draft organization was that teams would basically get to keep their 1st,3,5,7,9,11th best players, not their 1st,5,6,7,9,11th.

I'll need to get the protection picks from the 4 guys who've lost 2 players already before the draft can continue.

Please vote below

A problem with the way the draft is organized has cropped up:

- Teams can lose more than one player in the 2nd Round, leaving them with really weak players for their 3rd Round Protection pick.

- This has happened to four teams already, and will probably happen to a couple more.

Here is my suggestion for a solution:

- Teams who lose 2+ players in the 2nd Round have their 3rd Round Protection pick turned into a normal pick (taking place at the end of the 3rd Round). Their 4th Round pick is turned into a protection pick.

(The reason this problem happened is because I didn't stick with the way I originally planned the draft, which was that all the protected players were known at the start of the draft)

So,

vote YES if you think this is a fair way of fixing this issue.

vote NO if you think the current draft schedule is already fair.

if you have another idea, present it

Score is 7 Yes, 4 No, 2 Don't Care, so far

Edited by smozoma

im confused as to how you can lose players? people just steal them of your team? wtf?

One of the ideas behind Blitz is that the teams stay a bit the same each season. That's why there are 'keeper' (protection) draft rounds where you are forced to pick a player from your team from the previous season.

However, with the 1st and 3rd rounds being protection rounds, if a team gets 2 or 3 of "their" players drafted by other teams, then they are a bit screwed over in their 3rd round pick because they are forced to take a player from their own team, since they already lost so many good players.

Guest Houlanov

- Teams who lose 2+ players in the 2nd Round have their 3rd Round Protection pick turned into a normal pick (taking place at the end of the 3rd Round). Their 4th Round pick is turned into a protection pick.

cool!!! hell yeah!

Lafontaine and Fuhr...bleh!:)

im indifferent, my protection pick will suck no matter what

weird, another post stating how bad ur team is. Getting as old as Obama mania :)

i vote no. if you were fortunate enough to get say detroit, u had a nice advantage season 1. now season 2 things will even out much more.

vote no no no

OK, the vote so far is about split, but generally in favour.

I thought up a much better idea that is way more in line with my original intentions for the draft, so I'm going to institute this rule:

• After a team loses 2 players in a round, they can immediately do their protection pick from the next round.
    Institute a rule where a team can only lose 2 players to other teams before the 4th round.

This prevents teams from losing 3 players in one round. If a team loses 3 players in the 2nd round, that means that their 3rd round protection pick is for a 5th-round caliber player! They are also forced a bit by the 2 players they drafted in the previous 2 rounds, they may even need to pick a 6th-rounder just to get some balance on their team.. in the 3rd round...

I'll need to get the protection picks from the 4 guys who've lost 2 players already before the draft can continue.

Edited by smozoma