NHL'94 Forums

Genesis games available for Nintendo Revolution

A lot of Genesis games are supposed to be available thanks to a deal nintendo cut with sega. I wonder if NHL 9x will be one of the games that you can download, and if so, if these games will be playable online. If so it would be a lot easier to get leagues going for all the different versions

Yeah, I got excited at first, but then I remembered it's nintendo, so they'll probably charge $20 for an exact replica of a game you can get for $2 from Gamestop.

Yeah, I got excited at first, but then I remembered it's nintendo, so they'll probably charge $20 for an exact replica of a game you can get for $2 from Gamestop.

In fairness, the $20 Nintendo version won't be all sticky and disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

The Genesis/Mega Drive games that are going to be available for Revolution are probably all going to be first party. I would be flabbergasted if any of EA's Genesis/Mega Drive titles make an appearence on revolution. Especially after Sega and EA severed ties during Saturn's life span.

It will play Turbo Graphix games as well. I think while that is a good idea, they will be charging you for the downloads. I think the only way it's really worth it is if you can play the old school games online.

Thing with Nintendo is that they do come out with a few good titles, quality games through and through but there is always a lack of them. Also, they are very scammy when it comes to add-on’s and such, have to pay big bucks for every little thing.

I would recommend that everyone here not be disappointed by Nintendo and get a PS2 or wait for the PS3. The Nintendo Rev will probably retail for about $180 US to tempt people to buy it, please do yourself a favor and save up for the PS3 or keep playing your PS2 if you have one. Trust me, I have a GC and I wish to god I'd had bought a PS2.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere recently that Nintendo wants developers to offer new 16 bit games on the revolution. Games like Tetris and even the NHL series are just as good and are far less expensive to produce. I wonder if EA would take NHL 9x and offer a few tweaks and give us NHL 2006 genesis style.

Yes, that is the only way I will actually go out and buy any new hockey game, simply if it plays like NHL 94. I have not bought a new hockey game for years because the ones I have played even the NHL 2k series have been better then the new EA crapshows, but we diehard fans need to get a hockey game that worthy of our $.

But, this I have said many many times, and you will hear it many more until the game companys give me absolute power over what they create for a hockey game.

• 4 months later...

Im back from the dead!

Thought I would bump this since the Wii ( :ninja: ) is coming out in about a month. Supposedly 30 games for the Genesis will be avaliable from the start with more to come. No word on if any of them will be playable online.

Does sound like EA will release some of its games to the Wii, so we have hope

get a ps2 [with mod chip] or xbox and just get the genesis emulator on it...works great can fit like every genesis title ever created on one dvd.

plus u can play some of the very fun modded 94 roms on it. I really doubt revolution will have the real 94 released.

• 2 months later...

If anyone has had the chance to pick up a Wii, I would highly recommend it. I thought I would wait to see if any of the virtual console games would be playable online, but I played 2 games of wii sports bowling on a store demo unit and was hooked (pardon the pun). Most fun I've had playing games since the NHL series on the genesis. A friend of mine came over and played it and said "Looks like I might have a new all time favorite game."

Hopefully the classics will be playable online.

f**k the Wii. I'm done with Nintendo. Bought an N64, it sucked, ended up buying a PS less than a year later. Being thickheaded and not learning from my mistake, I did the same thing with the GameCube and ended up with a PS2 shortly after that. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the Wii, it is an extremely innovative system but they are going to waste all that innovation and technology and proceed to release games that are geared towards 6 year old kids giving the system little to no value to me.

As far as the virtual console, once again a great and innovative idea, but useless. Anyone with access to a computer can get emulators that do the same thing for free. Not only that, but there are no restrictions as far as what games are made available.

I'm really not interested in owning a next generation system. I have a GameCube and a PS2 collecting dust because I haven't touched either of them in a few months. These systems, along with my regular NES, Genesis and Sega CD (all permanently hooked up in my living room by the way) can serve my gaming needs for now.

P.S. - Even if the Wii did offer NHL 94, I couldn't see them offering the Genesis version over the SNES version even though it sucks $hit

time will tell, though if I was to take a guess, Wii could become a short lived fad IMO. why... its like eyetoy.... fun with mates around with the whole interactive element... but that being the novelty it is only lasts so long... especially when your one of the older crowd.

went into EB just to see if they had the new Zelda for the cube.

get the hard sell from the tosser... oh yeah... "the wii.. its what the industry needed... many critics have been silenced... I mean, what an idea with childhood obesity and video games going hand in hand, what a way to tackle it....!!!"

Ummm... what ever happened to proper parenting... limiting your kids time of the consoles.. making them go and out play sport or socialize more.... feeding your kids fast/junk food, letting them play games all day to get out them of your hair is the issue here that causes obesity u f'ing salestool....

all that crap spewed out when I asked if the wii supported playing zelda on a more traditional controller... why, cause god damn when I'm sitting on the couch, relaxed, controller in hand, I like to let my brains and thumbs do the work. God damn I couldn't be bothered swinging my arms around to pass a hard level 1:30am for the 3rd time... its just not me. Yeah I might like it initially... but will the fun and fad last?

Other fad like devices from nintendo...

Power glove anyone? utter crap.... unless unless you where that tool from the movie "The Wizard".

Track and fields mat (which I won in a comp) as actually one of the coolest thing for the NES... very limited game support though.

Virtual Boy... 3 months it lasted... though I do have one and thinks its kinda cool... though rarely ever do I use it.

I wish it all the success as I do and have enjoyed the nintendo experience.... but yeah, I'm guessing this could be their last console???

Track and fields mat (which I won in a comp) as actually one of the coolest thing for the NES... very limited game support though.

I loved that thing. The best part was for the long jump you could just jump off the mat, then wait a bit and then jump back on for crazy world records.

All the old school games are NOT worth it if the multiplayer games like 94 or otherwise are not playable online, like 94 on NHL 06 on the PS2, should have been able to play that online. As it stands, one can play all those games you pay big bucks for on the Wii, right now in your computer, and you can play most of them online for free.

I loved that thing. The best part was for the long jump you could just jump off the mat, then wait a bit and then jump back on for crazy world records.

Yeah well humping high and coming down with a thud did really impress all within the family room! :)

When we got bored and wanted to set some serious times, we'd drop to the floor just behind the mat and use our hands as feet. God damn you could set some serious records doing it this way. :huh:

Im writing this with my Wii. :huh:

I hope they release Nhl94 although genesis games aren't cheap (8 euros a piece [10-11 dollars]).

So far this new innovative playability has been great. I have wii sports and wii play. play sucks but sports rules!

I wish they would release sports games more. hockey game with wiimote would be unreal.

Im writing this with my Wii. :huh:

I hope they release Nhl94 although genesis games aren't cheap (8 euros a piece [10-11 dollars]).

So far this new innovative playability has been great. I have wii sports and wii play. play sucks but sports rules!

I wish they would release sports games more. hockey game with wiimote would be unreal.

Which Wii sports game do you like the best? Bowling is by far my favorite. Worth the price of the system alone just for that game. Soo far I've bowled over 100 games.

Golf, bowling and tennis are all equally fun. I also like the training games with the fitness test. Especially the last bowling training level with the walls.

Playable enough games in wii play are table tennis and pool.

Although table tennis I think should have been made like it would be played like wii sports tennis, and I dont like the way you shoot pool with locking the target before using the cue with the wiimote. It would have been far better if you would have had to have steady hand to hit the ball correctly just like in real life.

games that I would like to have besides hockey:

curling

tennis with movement and single player games

track & field

disc golf!

go karts / formula 1

So whoever doubted the WII are they still?

PS3's are collecting dust on shelves while wii's barely ever stay on them.

I can say for certain that every game ps3 has now is worse than an xbox 360 game, but wii games are alot different so there is no comparison. Good strategy.

When Tendo (what my sister calls all video games) released the directional pad for NES / Famicom in the 80's, most of the industry thought it was an innovation that would never catch on. They thought kids wanted to simulate the feel of being in an arcade by using a joystick style controller. So I would never doubt Tendo.

I've thought about buying the Wii (is this what they call it in France?) but I already have a massive cache of games that I never touch. from Genesis to Dreamcast, PS, Xbarge etc. One of the many reasons why classic games like NHL '94 are so great is that there's no loading, no setup, just hit start. If you only have a few minuites or are taking a break you can squeeze in a quick game of Outrun or Contra in the time it take turn on and load some of the new games.

The only reason the Wii's are selling is the low price, that's it, same reason even I picked up a GC for 100 bucks, while the PS2 was still about $200. Any other reason you are kidding yourself, also, most of the new games suck anyways, not worth your time.

The only reason the Wii's are selling is the low price, that's it, same reason even I picked up a GC for 100 bucks, while the PS2 was still about $200. Any other reason you are kidding yourself, also, most of the new games suck anyways, not worth your time.

I couldnt disagree more. I took my system down to my parents house over Christmas and once I hooked it up, the system did not turn off for 10 hours straight. By the time I left my parents, who NEVER play video games bought a second system that I had picked up to sell to whoever wanted it. Not only that but my sister and family are currenly looking for one. Basically anyone that has played the system has wanted it.

If the Wii continues to have success with it's new controls the other big players will jump on the band wagon.

Remember when N64 came out? They hyped the hell out of the analog controller. Rightfully so, since it was a giant innovation. And what happens next? Sony takes it a step further and creates the "Dual Shock" controller.

Microsoft and Sony will jump on the bandwagon again. A new controller will be released and some new games will be developed using the new technology. When this happens, its gonna be a tough battle for the wii.

Their sales figures have been in continuous decline since the original NES. Im sure the Wii will enjoy some success but check out the numbers:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/nin...u-go-213798.php

How much is the Wii suppose to be going for? I remember seeing ads for like $200-249. Now they have a bundle on the gamestop.com website for $579.92 which includes: (pre order of course)

- Nintendo Wii system (system, remote controller, nunchuck, stand, sensor and Wii Sports)

- Wii 1 Gigabyte Memory Card

- 1 additional Wii Remote Controller

- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

- Rayman: Raving Rabbids

- Madden NFL 2007

- Call of Duty 3

- 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

I also just did a quick search on amazon.com and they have Wii's starting at $425.00. So much for this system being cheap.

They are $289 in canada, you jsut have to find them(they are harder to find than that pos PS3, despite the difference in units). The ~$500 price range is probably large package bundles with alot of stuff you don't need.

Basically with wii you want at this point.

Wii with wii sports (included)

Zelda

extra wii mote plus nunchuck (to enjoy multiplayer)

then be ready for good times

BUT PLEASE WEAR THE WIRST STRAP AND HOLD YOUR CONTROLLER

although they did send out thicker wrist straps now