NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 02 - Round 3 protection picks

smozoma

I'm giving Zalex 'til midnight, then if he still hasn't picked, i'm skipping him and we're moving on to the protection round.

The protection round will last ONE DAY, Feb 5th.

In the protection round, EVERYONE can pick at the SAME TIME. You don't have to wait your turn, you just pick.

Also, there is no advantage in trying to wait until other people have picked to see who they picked -- the picks are SECRET, so you don't see who anyone picked with their protection picks until the protection round is over (the website will display "secret pick" instead of the player name).

I will wait until about half the protection picks are done before I give Jackets and Zalex the highest remaining players at that point.

If people don't make their protection picks on Feb 5th, or don't give me a player to pick for them tonight, I will just give them the top-rated player from their team last year.

I believe i get a Real pick now, i have lost Fedorov and Ciccarelli.

yep, i think 6 teams will have lost 2 players (since there are 3 expansion teams, and they pick in rounds 2 and 3)

Then I'll make my pick no sooner either Zalex makes his picks or gets skipped.

Hey question, can we trade players on our teams even though they are technically up for grabs by anyone, then pick them in protection round if they havn't been taken by then?

in short, no.

in long:

during the draft, you can only trade players you have drafted or protected already in this round. the main reason for this is that if you traded guys from last season during this draft but before drafting/protecting them this season, i'd have to do some database kungfu to get some of the draft website to work properly. i don't really know why anyone would make a trade for players they might not actually get, anyway... because what you're talking about is trading the *right* to protect a guy.. even though someone else my draft that player before they get a chance to protect him.

youre really gonna make me protect kelly miller or michel petit?

OK, i'll consider you another expansion team from this point on.

I feel bad for Kontos losing the limelight, though!

Your pick is now after Zalex's in rd3.

Edited by smozoma

OK, i'll consider you another expansion team from this point on.

I feel bad for Kontos losing the limelight, though!

Your pick is now after Zalex's in rd3.

nah, im cool, i wanna protect petit, the Norris Trophy winner, ive grown to love my squad.

nah, im cool, i wanna protect petit, the Norris Trophy winner, ive grown to love my squad.

alright, cool. i wasn't sure if you were kidding or not.

it'll be great to see if you can defend the title with a slightly upgraded group (joseph > fiset)

Well, I made my pick. Now to see if I haven't lost a member from the original team. XD

One can only hope the protection round wraps up nicely this time around. Round 4 is coming up.