NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 02 - Round 4 details

smozoma

Round 4 is a normal round (not a protection round).

There is a rule similar to round 2, limiting the number of players a team can lose:

The rule is that a team can lose 3 players max from all the previous rounds (so if they lose 2 players in round 2, they can only lose 1 this round, and if they lost only 1 last time, they can lose 2 this round).

Unfortunately, this will make it a little tough to find a player to pick sometimes, so if your pick gets rejected (there will be a big red bar shown if that happens, rather than the blue one telling you the pick was successful), just keep trying other players until it works. There are about 12 picks left in round 4, and i think 17 valid players to pick.

If you're having trouble finding a player to pick, use the Last Season Team page ( http://www.blitz94.com/draftab/lastseasonteam.asp?team=NYR ), and if the team has had LESS than 5 players drafted (in the 2nd table), then you can pick a guy from that team.

So, I guess after I made my Round 3 protection pick, donnybrook94 picked Ron Hextall (my goalie from last season) with his pick which was "technically" the last pick of Round 2. That means I lost 2 players from my team in Round 2 (the other one being Theo Fleury). Other teams that had lost 2 players were able to have a real pick in Round 3, instead of a protection pick. What happens in my case? I actually lost 2 players in a row, 3 total, since donnybrook94 also picked Gary Roberts at the beginning of Round 4.

So, I guess after I made my Round 3 protection pick, donnybrook94 picked Ron Hextall (my goalie from last season) with his pick which was "technically" the last pick of Round 2. That means I lost 2 players from my team in Round 2 (the other one being Theo Fleury). Other teams that had lost 2 players were able to have a real pick in Round 3, instead of a protection pick. What happens in my case? I actually lost 2 players in a row, 3 total, since donnybrook94 also picked Gary Roberts at the beginning of Round 4.

I was considering those expansion picks at the end of rd1 and at the start of rd3 as part of Round 2.

Since you've lost 3 players to other teams at this point, no one else can take guys from you.

I think that means you had a pretty good team last season.

This is definitely a work in progress season 2. We're gonna see some small inequities, but it'll give Smo more of an idea how to make things even better season 3.