NHL'94 Forums

SNES NHL '09--NHL '94 update

northstar91

Hey everyone. I made an update of NHL '04 for this season (using swos's and mahavishnu's updated rom as a backbone). Essentially, this is an SNES port of their game with some modifications. I used statto's SNES NHL '94 editor to edit the rom, and tested the roms with ZSNES. I hope you enjoy!

Features

* Three different roms included

"am" features Atlanta and Minnesota at ASW and ASE spots

"amALT" is the am rom with the alternate uniforms worn this year

"cn" features Columbus and Nashville at ASW and ASE spots

* 28 of the 30 NHL teams in each rom, selectable both in regular season and playoffs

Relocated teams are located at the position where their old location was.

* Each team now has two goalies, and ANA & FLA each have two additional roster spots (at the expense of name clarity, especially for Anaheim, so please bear with me, I tried to make it work as good as I could)

* Ratings, lines taken from Swos & Mahavishnu's GENS NHL '94 update (because of the limits of editing on the SNES, not every player is there, so I had to be picky in some cases when having to choose who to include and who to exclude).

* Current uniforms (I tried to make them as close to the real thing as possible, because the SNES version allows for more uniform editing options).

* Banner colors/names edited (couldn't fix Colorado's, so it says "Colora"). Banner outlines are white (for the ALT rom, teams with home alternates have a blue outline, while teams with away alternates have a pink outline).

Credits (those who helped make this possible)

swos & mahavishnu--for making a very well-updated GENS NHL '94. The player ratings and lines for this game are based on their rom (as in they are basically the same, with the exception of a few)

wboy--for the NOSE editor, allowed me to see the GENS NHL '94

statto--for the SNES NHL '94 editor, allowed me to edit the roms to how they are now.

xstioph--for his knowledge of editing the NHL '94 rom for SNES.

nhluniforms.com--helped with designing the uniforms

northstar91 (me)--for putting in the time and effort to take the resources of the aforementioned to create these roms (it was tedious, but I am happy with the results).

SNES_NHL___09.zip

• Thanks 1

s'roight.

Check the "editing the thread" uber-thread.

The thing that's authored by me should explain how (although it's best if you do it on GENS first because you're able to check your work effectively in NOSE - but it's basically the same thing).

Nice work northstar91!! B)

What is wrong with this rom and this talk about

Teams having the wrong home/away advantages?

Can this be fixed? What advantages are the home and away?

Please northstar91, Xstioph or someone

A fun dream rom for me is 5 on 3

with this updated rom.

Canucks are at 100% rating

and the rest of the league are at a very low rating. :)

with this updated rom.

and the rest of the league are at a very low rating. B)

With Statto's editor. This can be easily accomplished in very little time. You can easily do it yourself.

Nice work northstar91!! B)

What is wrong with this rom and this talk about

Teams having the wrong home/away advantages?

Can this be fixed? What advantages are the home and away?

with this updated rom.

and the rest of the league are at a very low rating. :)

Nice to see someone's using the editor! Good work.

JeffBC, simply download the editor and edit the Canucks lines so that two of the five are blank. You can then down-juice the other teams.

• 2 weeks later...
Statto, with this editor can you edit the teams center ice logo? Also the menu logo?

SNES logos are compressed, so unfortunately you cannot edit the logos. Compression is done on a rom to rom basis. I found the center ice palette so you can remove the logos or change their colors, but I don't remember where it is in the ROM at the moment.

The amALT ROM is a great rom as far as I can tell. With pretty accurate player ratings and the new alternative jersnies. I feel like we should start a league with this rom.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I grew playing NHL 94 on the Genesis, so I am not too familiar with NHL 94 on the SNES. I was bored, decided to give this SNES facelift a try, and I like it. To add to the SNES expierence, I have a SNES emulator for my PS2 and I play the game on there. Good work! Hopefully some roster updates, logo changes, and maybe even player pictures will make this update even better!

• 14 years later...