NHL'94 Forums

Classic League - Spring 2009 Sign-Ups

metzgerism

Spring is a month away, so I figured that now was as good a time as any to get sign-ups for the customary Spring Classic League going. The community has kinda stagnated in the last few months and this might spark it up just a little bit. For the format, we're going to use an idea that Halifax had and I wanted to do for Fall, but we didn't do it because it wasn't quite like "Classic" is supposed to be. Well, the community could certainly use a kick in the pants so we're going to do this the way I had hoped.

Each division will contain 6 to 11 teams, with 4 teams making the playoffs if there are 8 or less teams, and 6 teams making the playoffs if there are 9 or more teams.

The divisions may start small but end up larger as more coaches and teams join.

The schedule will be 4 games vs. each opponent, and the regular season will last five to six weeks (due to the smaller divisions).

Format will be the same as it was last season, but points won't get counted (unless someone happens to get 3 ties).

To join, please list the division(s) you would like to be in: Gens A, Gens B, Gens C, Gens D, SNES A, SNES B.

List your TOP 10 choices for teams in order.

NOTE: Genesis will NOT be weight-bug fixed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GENS C - SNES B

1. Detriot Red Wings

2. Los Angeles Kings

3. Dallas Stars

4. Chicago Blackhawks

5. Quebec Nordiques

6. Vancouver Canucks

7. Winnipeg Jets

8. Toronto Maple Leafs

9. Montreal Canadiens

10. Boston Bruins

I've always wanted to try and play SNES via netplay, so I thought I'd check in.

a/b

1. Detroit

2. Dallas

3. Quebec

4. Buffalo

5. Calgary

6. Boston

7. Winnipeg

8. Vancouver

9. Montreal

10.CHICAGO

top 4 teams make the playoff in a 11 team division??????? :huh:

S'up y'all? BK here. I am back on the scene and interested in some hot SNES action. SNES A s'il vous plaît.

So hard to rank teams... i love them all... here goes..

1 Boston

2 Pittsburgh

3 Calgary

4 Quebec

5 Chicago

6 NY Rangers

7 Buffalo

8 Vancouver

9 Montreal

10 Detroit

11 Ottawa

Wil we have enough SNES players for an A and B?

Edited by Bob Kudelski

top 4 teams make the playoff in a 11 team division??????? :huh:
Hrm...I see what you mean.

How about this - if the division ends up being 6-8 teams, then we go with 4 in the playoffs.

If the division is 9-11 teams, then we go with 6 teams.

ok and just wondering, is there any chance of resurection for http://nhl94online.com/ ?

ok and just wondering, is there any chance of resurection for http://nhl94online.com/ ?

I'll give Evan a heads-up on that, but it's quite doubtful. I wish I had access and know-how, but I just don't.

I've been looking to hand off Classic anyways - if someone offers to DO it, and do it to the best of their ability, then I think we should take that help. Otherwise, status quo is the plan for now :huh:

who were the winners from last season?

haha. smart cookie you are.

Wil we have enough SNES players for an A and B?

Nope.

I'll give Evan a heads-up on that, but it's quite doubtful. I wish I had access and know-how, but I just don't.

I've been looking to hand off Classic anyways - if someone offers to DO it, and do it to the best of their ability, then I think we should take that help. Otherwise, status quo is the plan for now :huh:

I volunteer. Got nothing specific going on taking much of my time at the moment.

ok.

I sign up for SNES A (f**k gens!)

1. Montreal

2. Detroit

3. Winnipeg

after that i dont care as long as its not boston or the leafs!

I played a bit of the SNES version, but I really want to make sure of this little thing:

Does the SNES version have the weight bug or not? I believe it doesn't, but you guys can confirm it for me.

I played a bit of the SNES version, but I really want to make sure of this little thing:

Does the SNES version have the weight bug or not? I believe it doesn't, but you guys can confirm it for me.

SNES does not have the weight bug.

I'm in if we have a website. Metz, hit up Evan, he may be able to show u how to update it. Once it's updated maintenance should be zero till playoffs. Should be less work overall then those spreadsheets.

I've been looking to hand off Classic anyways - if someone offers to DO it, and do it to the best of their ability, then I think we should take that help. Otherwise, status quo is the plan for now :)

Guys,

I do have plans to revive this. It's possible that sometime this year Chaos (user on this forum) and I can get the site updated where there's a league template for league admins to use. I'm going to get a feel of how long it will take, but "Spring2009" certainly won't be using the site.

Metz, hopefully you'll be "handing over" Classic back to me and the guys who used to help run the league.

-Evan

SNES A

1. Pittsburgh

2. Chicago

3. Boston

4. Montreal

5. Detroit

6. Toronto

7. Buffalo

8. Quebec

9. L.A

10. Rangers

Looking to break back into the SNES scene.

As a side note...What ever happened to the great but short lived SNES draft league???

Tentative SNES A/B.

1 - Calgarians

2 - Winnipeggers

3 - Quebecoisers

4 - Chicagoans

5 - Bostonians

6 - who the biff else was good in 94

7 - umm

8 - Vancouverites

9 - Detroiters

10 - Washingtonians

11* - New Yorkers

31 - San Josefinos

* If I wanted Long Islanders I would have written Long Islanders dammit!