NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 02 - Deadlines

Deadline Penalties imposed for the draft.

Draft position is based on your points total, plus penalties.

You start with your points total for the season, then, if you didn't play all 44 games, I extrapolate a Projected Points total. After that, you get DNP points, as explained below:

I am giving penalties based on the 40GP deadline and the 44GP deadline.

For the 40GP deadline, if you and your opponent both played fewer than 40GP, you share a 1-point penalty in the ratio of your DNPs (more DNP, more share of that 1pt). If you played 40+GP and your opponent did not play 40GP, you get no penalty and your opponent gets the whole 1pt penalty. DNPs in this case are the number of games fewer than 40 you played.

You can reduce your 40GP deadline penalty by playing the games you missed before the end of the season, to a maximum of 50%, based on what percent of the games you missed you end up playing.

For the 44GP deadline (final deadline), you and your opponent share a 2-point penalty in the ratio of your DNPs.

post-253-1241314693_thumb.png

Note: I spotted EnsuingFracas 4GP and jesusplaysnhl94 3GP towards the 40GP deadline due to when they took over their teams. I spotted jesusplaysnhl94 his 4 games vs EnsuingFracas due to his dogged efforts in tracking down his final matchups. As it turns out, the spotted games actually made no difference in draft order, anyway.

The actual draft order will be decided next fall when I find out who is back for Blitz Season 3.

Edited by smozoma

The actual draft order will be decided next fall when I find out who is back for Blitz Season 3.

Ummmmm. next Fall? This is the only stat league going bra, we need season 3 before the fall. Whatever help you need to get season 3 running by mid-July let me know and I'll try to help out.

Ummmmm. next Fall? This is the only stat league going bra, we need season 3 before the fall. Whatever help you need to get season 3 running by mid-July let me know and I'll try to help out.

no one plays during the summer...

i might make a little non-official-blitz summer league

This is the only stat league going bra

Eherrrm: NHL91.com. The deadlines in the 91 league have a wide berth (20 games in 2 months) to try and avert the summer malaise.. But I wouldn't say no one plays, mainly because it's season would be doomed, dooooomed!

And by fall you mean October I presume? Hope we can start the draft before then..